CYOA: Heroes of Yore 2

#41SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 2:54:19 AM
---
Last Night: POV Daedalus
---

Is this truly the monster Gunwrath described? How? He was so pathetically weak. Might as well have been a regular soldier. An ant challenging the sun would have slightly better odds. And now the green haired girl is crying over him. You didn't even hit him that hard. Hmm it seems she can't even sense his lifeforce, yet your master warned you to be weary of her as well. Now this is truly a strange sight! A cleric serving Aeon healing a weapon forged by the void! What cruel irony fate invokes. Although his mage is giving you the most interesting response out of the bunch. He was angry before, but now he seems eerily calm with a murderous aura. Any regular bystander would only see a stoic; however, you are not one of the many bucolic. You can sense the animosity ingrained in his visage.

"Just what do you think will happen here mage? You'll channel all your hatred into one attack and I'll go down in flames cursing your name? They may not feel it, but you can see it clear as day. All your attacks would prove futile against me." His response mirrors his aura: cold and spiteful.

"It matters not whether you are felled by my hand or anothers, It matters only that I strayed from inaction. If my death was fated to be at your mercy, then so be it! I will embrace death's grip and let whatever Gods take my wayward soul know that I followed this accursed path to my last breath!" Almost as if reacting to his spirit, the green haired girl rises. Tatsu is her name. Well your third eye is never wrong. She is soft spoken, but her words are malicious.

"Demise is what you seek, and I shall deliver yours." How delightfully entertaining.

"HAHAHAHA! Yes! Become as wrath and strike me down! You will only bring about the end in another fashion. The future is unavoidable and the very thing you protect will set the wheel on it's final course!"
--------*------------------------*--------------
POV Third Person: Battle: Daedalus, Lord of the Damned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvJ0wK45b4A
-------*------------------------*---------------

The field is once again in turmoil. Two warriors now challenge the Mad Necromancer. The sky hides the encounter from the heavens as the moon turns red and black clouds block out the stars.

------
TBC
---
Sitting round singing songs 'til the night turns into day
Used to sing on the mountains but the mountains washed away
#42SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 2:46:55 AM
Bump. I'm going to be gone most of the weekend. I'll try to finish the battle before my leave, but no promises.
---
It's the Autumn season and that means Pumpkin flavored everything! Pumpkin donuts, Pumpkin coffee, Pumpkin bread, even Pumpkin flavored harlots!
#43SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 2:42:14 AM
Evangelos begins taking long strides towards Daedalus until a firm hand pushes him back. Tatsu gives him an ice cold glance and, in a subtle fury, exclaims "Leave the scumbag to me, or get cut in my way."

"Is that wise now killer? It would be best to clear your mind, but alas, you have always been wont to rash actions whenever he was involved."

"I checked Dante's pulse. He's still breathing just not conscious."

"Hmm our leader has always been a stubborn one. Quite sad that even The Harvesters are having trouble reining him in. But you are not the only one with a stake in this Tatsu. At the very least allow me the pleasure of lighting him ablaze while you attempt to tear him asunder." She let's out an annoyed sigh.

"Fine. Do whatever you want, but stay out of my way. Unless you want to feel the bite of my steel."

"Ha! Now that's the spirit killer. Let's claim the madman's head while his blood still runs red!"

The battle ensues as Tatsu charges a still Necromancer. Expecting her to replicate Dante's move, he prepares to deflect her sword only to see her run right past him. Once in position she sweep kicks him right off his feet leaving him open to a direct attack. Tatsu raises her sword, leveling it with his midsection, to end it with one blow. However, the Necromancer all but stops time. In the literal blink of an eye, he vanishes into the dark; leaving Tatsu to strike the earth. Reappearing a few feet away he offers his praise to Tatsu.

"Well done young one. I commend such skill and mercilessness. If you were anywhere near my level that might have been my end." He then direct his attention to Evangelos, who is calmly reading his tome. "What of all your boasting Mage? Will you not light my bod-" He is instantly interrupted by a sword being lunged towards his throat. At the last second he dodges the fatal maneuver, but remains in shock.

"I'm your opponent here black hearted dastard! Don't make this kill easy for me. I won't get to savor the moment." The Necromancer begins laughing maniacally as his deranged magic makes the sky even more ominous than before.

"I'm finally beginning to see what the poor sap sees in you. Such a lovely specimen would most certainly earn any man's interest." Finally releasing her rage she heads a full on assault on Daedalus once again looking to end it with one fatal swing. She puts forth all her strength into one attack, and her sword begins to shine like a small sun. "... It Ends!"

From his very core, a purple force field begins to expand creating a small barrier in between him and her blade. The two forces clash creating a blinding display of light and darkness. The two remain locked in combat for a while until Daedalus' shield cracks. The small crack quickly erupts, shattering his shield into a million tiny pieces. Just as her sword is about to make contact, he chants a short incantation and catches her blade. Another force field emerges from his core. This time glowing white with light energy. Reacting with only seconds to spare she backdashes out of his attack field. In another attempt to topple the necromancer she tosses her sword right at him. He easily dodges the attack, but ends up falling for her gambit. While he was distracted by the sword, she positioned herself behind him and locked her arms around his waist. With immense strength she lifts him in a wide arc smashing his head into the ground. She then does 5 tiger suplexes in a row ending by smashing Daedalus' back hard into the ground.

*Tension Burst Unlocked: Reverse Hyper Bomb*
---
It's the Autumn season and that means Pumpkin flavored everything! Pumpkin donuts, Pumpkin coffee, Pumpkin bread, even Pumpkin flavored harlots!
#44Cheesepower5Posted 10/14/2013 6:37:39 AM
Tatsu Touchdown
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#45SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 2:10:05 AM
Not letting up on her offense, she quickly does a backflip away from Daedalus and retrieves her sword. With the grace of a tigress, she leaps into the air swooping down with a slash that cuts deep into Daedalus arm. He stands paralyzed clutching his arm, shocked by the sight of his own blood; what little facade of sanity that was left began to crack. His rage releases with his calm exterior finally breaking down. Shouting a summoning spell filled with anger and pain, he calls forth a fearsome Dragon who's name was lost to the annals of time.

"Gahh! What is... is this.... is this my blood? Is This My Blood? IS THIS MY BLOOD!?! Why you insolent little... I'll show you the consequences for defying The Lord of the Damned!" She gives only a cold stare, further fueling his rage.

"Eternal Dragon of the Shadows, key to introso, I call upon your bone and flesh! Wake your corpse from it's slumber and unleash it's foul breath unto these hallowed lands! Break the boundary, cry death's knell, silence their prayers, Gurgurant!" From seemingly out of nowhere, a deafening roar rattles the sky and the earth begins trembling. The force from the cry almost knocks back Tatsu, Anahita and Dante, but Evangelos resist the force, continuing with his incantation. After the sound dissipates and the earth calm downs, nothing appears to happen. All is calm until the black clouds part, splitting the sky in two. Emerging from the canopy in the sky, bathed in red moonlight and black magic, is a rotting corpse of a beast. The mighty Draco Zombie once known as Gurgurant spreads it's wings and let's out another roar of pain and agony. The monster was easily fifty times larger than the temple. It's master gives it one command: "Devour this B****!"

---
TBC. Things do not bode well for our heroes, but as was seen by Dante they make it out alive. The only question is how in the world did they survive this thing?
---
#46Neosephiroth666Posted 10/18/2013 11:20:17 AM
Bump as per request.
---
I love Idoun and am 100% proud of it! If you too are a Idoun believer, copy and paste this into your Sig.
She turned me into a newt!
#47Cheesepower5Posted 10/20/2013 1:45:17 PM
Bumptruck making them rounds.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#48Cheesepower5Posted 10/23/2013 8:11:50 PM
Is it bumpage day already?
---
Etrian Odyssey; The only series where hardened warriors have to graduate from killing squirrels, armadillos and grasshoppers to still get stomped by a baboon.
#49SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 12:07:15 AM
Anahita gasp in shock; jumping back from the spot where she was healing Dante. Not without good reason though, for in the midst of her failed attempt at healing him, his blackened arm begins to glow. Even more baffling to her was the sight of his other arm beginning to glow white. Her staff responds to the mysterious power's call by floating off the ground and emitting a soft green glow. However, the aura can not reach him. As if trying to block the influence of the new power, his destructive power creates a barrier around him like a black waterfall, constantly flowing down into the ground. Could it be that the healing isn't meant for him?

--------*------------------------*--------------
Battle: Gurgurant's Hollow Shell: Marionette on Dark Strings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2y_Cq76r9s
--------*--------*--------*---------*-----------

Evangelos remains perfectly still. No longer chanting his spell, he shifts focus to the puppet master. A grin slowly creeping on his expression. He only thought of the mayhem that would soon rain down upon the field.

Tatsu's eyes widen in fear as she sees the tremendous beast barrel right towards her with sharpened, rotten teeth and even worse breath. Unable to move, she unknowingly prepares to face her death. No prayer to Enlil could save her; no reaction was forthcoming. In her heart she failed him, she failed her promises and she failed her sister. The Dragon closed in further opening his jaw as he prepared to do just as his master said. All seemed grim until a giant flaming fist erupted from the ground knocking the hulking beast skyward. The fist unclenched into a fiery hand and brought down a burning orb from the sky. The giant ball of fire and light began flickering with each appearance becoming smaller, condensing, shifting into something more. At the exact moment that it was nothing more than a small ember, it erupted into a lance made of pure fire.

"From ashes thou hast come, and to ashes thou shalt return! The Fire God's Hand strikes your final hour!" Daedalus takes his palm and strikes the ground causing five waves of dark energy to crash through the earth. From the spot where they stop emerges five pillars, each marked with a letter from a dead language. Without any hesitation, he chants another spell for defensive purposes.

"I call upon the ghost of dead stars! Emissary of the eternal void become my shield!" The five pillars begin synching with the crackles of dark lightning. Black spheres materialize in the sky followed by an intensifying gravity. A black hole begins spiraling out into a massive shield for Daedalus. Evangelos raises his hand to the blood moon calling forth his judgement. In that instant Gurgurant comes rocketing down to protect it's master. The three titans clash at full power! A fog of dust rises leaving the winner a mystery.

*Tension Burst Unlocked: Flame Thrower*
---
"Oh, is this a bad time? I hope I'm not interrupting anything...OR AM I?!"- Dan Smith
#50SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 12:34:21 AM(edited)
Song Bump:

They rule the land
They're in command
They hold the strings in hand

They are invisible
Out of sight
They've designed
A secret place
To play their games

A world, they're in control
Divine law
Divine law

Be aware now,
Mind your steps,
We are uninvited guests,
They may find and catch us

Don't forget
Do what I say,
and now connect,
Don't even ask until we're out of it
Everything's at higher stake

Come,take a look,
We are in,
Take a breath but don't forget,
It isn't it real, It isn't it true,
An illusion nothing more

You're a pawn in the game, a slave to the blind oblivion
You're a pawn in the game, now cursed your name
You're stronger than a king, you slave to the blind oblivion

But now you understand...

We get closer
There's no better way
Our fate is on its way

Deep district is the place
You need to know
It's overwhelming,
so let's rest here for a while

Someone else is here,
Silently
Watch me, where I follow
Everything seems real
Perfect simulation

Come, take a look,
breathe it in,
Artificial wonderlands,
We are wandering around,
Things shall vanish,
They won't last

I know you understand these words are true,
Nothing's real, nothing at all,
It's bits of pieces we walk through

Welcome to the Otherland!

Wait, I can feel things aren't alright,
Do not breathe, don't look behind,
There's someone else,
The observer

A trick of light,
A fade of line,
The entrance gone,
We can't get out of it,
We are slightly losing ground

Quick, it is time,
We shall know,
We better leave and donīt come back,
Nowhere to run,
Nowhere to hide,
I feel like walking aimlessly

You've crossed the line, you've reached the end.
You've crossed the line, you've reached the end.
---
"Oh, is this a bad time? I hope I'm not interrupting anything...OR AM I?!"- Dan Smith