Are my pairings any good?

#1WeirdRedGlowPosted 9/8/2013 5:19:37 PM
In case not everyone was bored with rating pairings, let me if these pairings will be good enough for hard DLC.

Sumia! Lucina
Chrom! Cynthia
Libra! Inigo
Ricken! Owain
Lon'qu! Brady
Henry! Gerome
Stahl! Yarne
Kellam! Severa
Donnel! Kjelle
Gaius! Noire
Vaike! Nah
Gregor! Laurent
Cynthia! Morgan
+magic/-strength
#2guedesbrawlPosted 9/8/2013 6:40:44 PM
WeirdRedGlow posted...
In case not everyone was bored with rating pairings, let me if these pairings will be good enough for hard DLC.

Sumia! Lucina
Chrom! Cynthia
Libra! Inigo
Ricken! Owain
Lon'qu! Brady
Henry! Gerome
Stahl! Yarne
Kellam! Severa

Donnel! Kjelle
Gaius! Noire
Vaike! Nah
Gregor! Laurent
Cynthia! Morgan
+magic/-strength

your pairings are pretty much perfect, but the bold ones, while good, could be a little better: Stahl!Severa is, like, the storngest non-morgan kid in the game. I recomend Kellam!Yarne and Frederick!Gerome.

But this team is pretty good for DLC stuff and such. Go for it!
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#3BobrykPosted 9/8/2013 6:49:52 PM(edited)
You can pretty much beat everything in this game with whatever pairings you want, really. My "high level DLC" file was just a random screw-around file that I tried out pairings with. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That being said, your pairings seem pretty good to me!
#4WeirdRedGlow(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 1:07:58 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
WeirdRedGlow posted...

Sumia! Lucina
Chrom! Cynthia
Libra! Inigo
Ricken! Owain
Lon'qu! Brady
Henry! Gerome
Stahl! Yarne
Kellam! Severa

Donnel! Kjelle
Gaius! Noire
Vaike! Nah
Gregor! Laurent
Cynthia! Morgan
+magic/-strength

your pairings are pretty much perfect, but the bold ones, while good, could be a little better: Stahl!Severa is, like, the storngest non-morgan kid in the game. I recomend Kellam!Yarne and Frederick!Gerome.

But this team is pretty good for DLC stuff and such. Go for it!

That's great. I've already married Kellam to Cordelia, Ricken to Lissa and Chrom to Sumia, but the other ones aren't final. I plan on using Gerome as a support, so wouldn't Anathema+ Axefaire be better than DG+? I chose Kellam! Severa because there really was no one else left over, and cause she gets Luna and Tomefaire, which is also given from Ricken, but he was taken.
#5SazukeEXPosted 9/9/2013 1:53:14 PM
Not a very good list.

Vaike!Nah? Very bad pairing, one of her worse off pairings.

Nah's parents should ONLY be these, all of which are FAR better father for Nah.

Robin
Gaius
Gregor
Frederick
Kellam

Vaike should only be fathering Kjelle.
---
"No Gods, no Angels, no Demons. Only man."
#6TaiphlosionPosted 9/9/2013 1:58:55 PM
I don't want to say he's wrong or anything, but it's worth noting that Sazuke's opinions are a bit controversial. Follow them at your own risk.
---
I like Skyward Sword (and Wind Waker SUCKS), so what?
I prefer Sword of Seals over its prequel, so what?
#7SazukeEXPosted 9/9/2013 2:04:42 PM(edited)
Taiphlosion posted...
I don't want to say he's wrong or anything, but it's worth noting that Sazuke's opinions are a bit controversial. Follow them at your own risk.

I can't help it if I've already did my research long ago upon such matters. Unlike quite a few here I know what I'm actually talking about and I'm the one that gave rise to many popular pairings because I backed them with data, fact, and explanation as well as builds and their role.

Those that disagree with me don't and have fooled themselves, like with Donnel!Nah/Kjelle, into thinking Vaike!Nah is actually good when in fact it's very bad and Vaike is far better used for Kjelle - still is and always has been. Quite frankly there are multiple great fathers for Nah that trump Vaike quite easily while Vaike is bar none the best non-Robin father for Kjelle in the entire game.

If you're going for optimization you either optimize all your pairings or none at all. Don't go halfway.
---
#8TaiphlosionPosted 9/9/2013 2:05:30 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Taiphlosion posted...

I can't help it if I've already did my research long ago and such matters, Unlike quite a few here I know what I'm talking about and I'm the one that gave rise to many popular pairings because I backed them with data, fact, and explanation.

Those that disagree with me don't and have fooled themselves, like with Donnel!Nah/Kjelle, into thinking Vaike!Nah is actually good in fact fact it's very bad and Vaike is far better used for Kjelle - still is and always has been.

If you're going for optimization you either optimize all your pairings or none at all. Don't go halfway.

As I said, you might be right or not. I agree with you in some points and I disagree in others. What I'm saying is that there are many people here that disagree with you and that he should test both ways before deciding which one is better.
---
I like Skyward Sword (and Wind Waker SUCKS), so what?
I prefer Sword of Seals over its prequel, so what?
#9SazukeEXPosted 9/9/2013 2:09:27 PM(edited)
Taiphlosion posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Taiphlosion posted...

I can't help it if I've already did my research long ago and such matters, Unlike quite a few here I know what I'm talking about and I'm the one that gave rise to many popular pairings because I backed them with data, fact, and explanation.

Those that disagree with me don't and have fooled themselves, like with Donnel!Nah/Kjelle, into thinking Vaike!Nah is actually good in fact fact it's very bad and Vaike is far better used for Kjelle - still is and always has been.

As I said, you might be right or not. I agree with you in some points and I disagree in others. What I'm saying is that there are many people here that disagree with you and that he should test both ways before deciding which one is better.

No might, I already did the research months ago. I am right on this regard, Vaike!Nah is a huge waste and nowhere near Nah's best parent while he's literally the best non-Robin parent for Kjelle.

Unless he's willing to grind up multiple saves, and tens to hundreds of hours of grinding, he has no way of testing it himself that way. While what he could do to cut down on the time is if he went to Serene's Forest himself, like I and others did, and did the math and builds himself than putting it into practice to test the results beyond just on paper.

The fact of the matter is that Vaike!Nah is a poormans Gaius!Nah or Frederick/Kellam!Nah.
---
#10OrangeCrush980Posted 9/9/2013 4:31:11 PM
They're solid. Nothing sticks out as bad, but I'd probably make a few tweaks here and there.
---
"That choke point bridge in Chapter 2 completely changed my strategy as well as my views on life." - WestbrickIII