Why is the archetype called Oifaye when Sirius did it first?

#1crunchy612Posted 9/11/2013 8:49:49 AM
I'm legitimately curious.
---
A quest to 50%!
http://dotabuff.com/players/58519561
#2VascelaPosted 9/11/2013 9:05:04 AM
I think it's because he's Camus, in which case, he already has an archetype.
#3KushalaFriendPosted 9/11/2013 9:08:43 AM
Because he is A Char.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TRbMB.jpg
Typical quest with a Pr0 Hunter
#4EndgamePosted 9/11/2013 9:11:59 AM
and not only did Sirius do it first, he did it best

well, better than Oifaye and Percival at any rate, not so much Seth and Titania, but you know, SS, PoR, and RD aren't real Fire Emblems
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5shiningpikablu252Posted 9/11/2013 9:43:25 AM
Last I checked, Oifaye doesn't even have his own archetype--Oifaye's part of the Jeigan archetype, representing the second generation of FE4 (Sigurd represented the first generation of the game). Even if Sirius were to have his own archetype, it would probably be represented in FE4's second generation by either Hannibal, Ced, or Hawk (the last of which being Ced's replacement character)--probably closer to Ced/Hawk than to Hannibal...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#6ZelrigPosted 9/11/2013 10:12:11 AM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
Last I checked, Oifaye doesn't even have his own archetype--Oifaye's part of the Jeigan archetype, representing the second generation of FE4 (Sigurd represented the first generation of the game). Even if Sirius were to have his own archetype, it would probably be represented in FE4's second generation by either Hannibal, Ced, or Hawk (the last of which being Ced's replacement character)--probably closer to Ced/Hawk than to Hannibal...

It's just pesky semantics. Oifaye is a sub-archetype of the Jeigan archetype. Te reson there is a sub archetype inside the archetype is because there is a significant difference between the a "regular" Jeigan and an Jeigan Oifaye, the former doesn't obtain good growths and is only useful in the early on the harder difficulties while the latter obtains good growths and is actually able to remain reliable throughout the entire game, but throughout the course of FE history humans be humans and start to call Oifaye it's own archetype because it is less complicated, though it doesn't change the fact that Oifaye is a sub-archetype. But I digress, it is just all pesky semantics. Unfoutantly I don't know enough about the Japanese only FE games to which characters actually preformed said things first other then Jeigan.
#7TaiphlosionPosted 9/11/2013 10:32:43 AM
Endgame posted...
and not only did Sirius do it first, he did it best

well, better than Percival

What??? No way. Percival is not a ofey, he joins in the mid game and has fantastic base stats that actually make him on avarage better than alan/lance on the hard mode, even on level 20/20
---
I like Skyward Sword (and Wind Waker SUCKS), so what?
I prefer Sword of Seals over its prequel, so what?
#8GalwenPosted 9/11/2013 11:23:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9RDS1Posted 9/11/2013 11:24:12 AM
Because Sirius didn't do it first; Oifaye is a type of Jagen, and a prerequisite of being a Jagen is joining in or around the first chapter (and I've played enough of New Mystery to know that Sirius doesn't join in the first three chapters).
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#10GalwenPosted 9/11/2013 11:25:48 AM
Zelrig posted...

It's just pesky semantics. Oifaye is a sub-archetype of the Jeigan archetype. Te reson there is a sub archetype inside the archetype is because there is a significant difference between the a "regular" Jeigan and an Jeigan Oifaye, the former doesn't obtain good growths and is only useful in the early on the harder difficulties while the latter obtains good growths and is actually able to remain reliable throughout the entire game, but throughout the course of FE history humans be humans and start to call Oifaye it's own archetype because it is less complicated, though it doesn't change the fact that Oifaye is a sub-archetype.

Except Oifey isn't that great of a unit. Honestly, he's closer to the "unit who slices up people earlygame but gets really outclassed later on" group (like Binding Blade Marcus) than somebody like Titania. I wouldn't say he's really much better than Dark Dragon Jagen with stat boosts or Shadow Dragon Jagen.

Honestly, the name for a Jagen character who never really "drops off" should be Dagdar. If anybody.