Chrom & Olivia

#1demi-knightPosted 9/16/2013 1:33:27 AM
Hey, I have a c (Sully) & b (Sumia) rank with 2 of Chrom's other options, but I've married off those two with Maribelle about to marry another candidate. Does this mean I can get 18 points with Olivia in the Chapter 11 section and marry her? I'm keeping Maribelle open until the last minute, since I don't want to have Chrom's kid be with that random pairing, but I just wanted to make sure. The marriage will go to Olivia, just as if he didn't have any supports, so long as the others are married, right? Like the village girl is just if you don't have points with anyone, right? So in my game, it is likely Chrom will marry Olivia b/c the others are all married (and he gets the points needed in Ch. 11 w/ Olivia)?
#2FowhawkPosted 9/16/2013 1:50:05 AM
If you have no support built up with Sumia, Sully, and Maribelle and then you have Olivia dance for Chrom once or pair them up and attack a couple they will auto marry at the start of the next chapter.

But seeing as you have support with Sully and Sumia you have to marry those two off before then. I suggest Frederick for Sumia, Henry is best but that isn't until the auto marriage would happen, and Vaike or Donnel, though I believe overall he is used better elsewhere, for Sully.

At that point just keep Maribelle away from Chrom, or marry her to someone, Libra for Sorcerer Brady and Lon'qu for Sage Brady and Chrom will guarentee marry Olivia after one dance.
---
Virion is the worst father in all of Fire Emblem: Awakening. No kid should ever have to inherit his awful classes, mods, and blue hair.
#3demi-knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 1:53:10 AM
OK, I already have Sumia & Sully married. So, that should do it, if I don't get Olivia & Chrom married I just need to marry off Maribelle first then, right?

But my idea was right? The marriages null the supports he's gained?
#4FowhawkPosted 9/16/2013 1:57:06 AM
demi-knight posted...
OK, I already have Sumia & Sully married. So, that should do it, if I don't get Olivia & Chrom married I just need to marry off Maribelle first then, right?

But my idea was right? The marriages null the supports he's gained?

Exactly. And you shouldn't need to marry off Maribelle if no support has been built. But I would do it and rather be safe than sorry in case you built a few points and didn't realize it.
---
Virion is the worst father in all of Fire Emblem: Awakening. No kid should ever have to inherit his awful classes, mods, and blue hair.
#5I_eat_tablesPosted 9/16/2013 5:30:24 AM
Yes, you're right. As long as you get 14 support points with Olivia (e.g. 7 dances, 2 attacks inc. 1 DS, 3 attacks etc.) then you'll marry her if no unmarried possibility has a C rank support active (even if one is available e.g. with Maribelle).
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#6ChroliviaPosted 9/16/2013 8:53:45 AM
It might be a hard pairing to get, but it's worth it. Best non-Avatar pairing for Chrom, since Inigo sucks SLIGHTLY less when Chrom's the father.
#7videospiritPosted 9/16/2013 11:30:56 AM
Chrolivia posted...
It might be a hard pairing to get, but it's worth it. Best non-Avatar pairing for Chrom, since Inigo sucks SLIGHTLY less when Chrom's the father.

Lol.

Ricken!inigo, Kellam!Inigo, Libra!Inigo married to Lucina, all superior to Chrom!inigo. Stahl!Inigo and Frederick!Inigo are about equal to Chrom!inigo. Henry!Inigo is next best.

And no Inigo, not even Gregor!inigo, sucks the tiniest bit if he inherits galeforce from his mother.

Next you're going to try saying something crazy like Maribelle!Lucina is the worst Lucina.

It is true that inigo gets more from chrom than any of his other potential children, but that's because Chrom is actually a terrible father. Who else in the game only passes down 2 classes to a child? Oh that's right, Olivia! Let's pair the two characters with the smallest class selection together!
#8shiningpikablu252Posted 9/16/2013 2:17:21 PM
videospirit posted...
Who else in the game only passes down 2 classes to a child? Oh that's right, Olivia! Let's pair the two characters with the smallest class selection together!

Olivia's inability to pass down the Dancer class only factors on daughters (e.g. Lucina, female Morgan); Inigo by default will have access to three class trees regardless of who his father is, Mercenary and Barbarian based on what Olivia can't give to a son, as well as Myrmidon. While having Chrom as Inigo's father leaves him unable to inherit Lord, Chrom!Inigo for the most part isn't much worse off than Olivia!Lucina class-tree-wise (as Lucina does inherit Lord, but is left with nothing from Olivia's inability to pass down Dancer to daughters aside from potentially inheriting the Luck +4 skill)...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#9demi-knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 8:15:27 PM
I got the marriage. Yep, just make sure everyone else is married and you do the dances and you get the marriage. Now I just need to pass on Galeforce, which means pick up galeforce, which means re-class twice...got to say this game is grind heavy but it's a fun grind.