So I used Master Seal on Chrom too early in the game...

#1amithedoctorPosted 9/17/2013 10:39:37 PM
I found out a bit too late from sources that it was better to level the characters to lv 20 at the base classes before using the master seal. Now that my Chrom is now a Great Lord at lv 5, what should I do about it? I completed Chapter 10 btw in case you're wondering.
#2amithedoctor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 10:40:58 PM
And Chrom was a lord at Lv 11 before becoming Great Lord.
#3RaydricLordPosted 9/17/2013 10:50:54 PM
Why don't you just second seal him back if it means that much. The only thing about promoting early is it messes up your internal levels, but you can still gain exp. The exp gain will be fixed at a certain point, but it doesn't really matter does it?
#4acerola-orionPosted 9/17/2013 10:59:45 PM
It's better to use the master seal as early as possible. The promotion bonuses are more beneficial early on than a few extra levels. You're fine.
#5amithedoctor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 11:00:32 PM
RaydricLord posted...
Why don't you just second seal him back if it means that much. The only thing about promoting early is it messes up your internal levels, but you can still gain exp. The exp gain will be fixed at a certain point, but it doesn't really matter does it?

Well that is the point of the post here that I'm asking for opinions on what I should do to fix this mistake before I go with it. But I sorta feel like I've wasted a master seal too...

I don't deny that's a good solution though, at least for this mistake.
#6amithedoctor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 11:03:34 PM
acerola-orion posted...
It's better to use the master seal as early as possible. The promotion bonuses are more beneficial early on than a few extra levels. You're fine.

Well I promoted because 2nd generation inherit skills, and I went for promotion so Chrom can pass on Aether/Rightful King when he learns them, but now I'm deliberating between skills and efficient leveling growths at this point.
#7ZswordmasterPosted 9/17/2013 11:11:11 PM
Chrom will also pass down those skills anyway no matter what even if he knows them or not. >.>

And don't worry about stats too much, the game has endless stats anyway, and chapter 10 is around the point you start fighting bosses that are promoted anyway, meaining you having promoted units isn't that bad.
---
I'm not being rude, you're just insignificant.
*Certified Gifted and talented, thinking on a higher level than 99% of people my age.
#8I_eat_tablesPosted 9/18/2013 4:23:23 AM
acerola-orion posted...

This is flat out false.Losing 10 levels of growth is a huge deal - In the short term you're losing out on some very quick levels, and then in the long run, around 3-4 EXP per hit/kill forever. Because of how high stat growths are in this game, it's those quick levels that really kill the idea. If I was going to promote early, it'd not be any earlier than the Kill EXP bonus reaching 7 (minimum, kill EXP = kill bonus + hit bonus, kill bonus reaches 7 when you're about 6 levels above the enemy)
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#9amithedoctor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 7:27:40 AM
I_eat_tables posted...
acerola-orion posted...

This is flat out false.Losing 10 levels of growth is a huge deal - In the short term you're losing out on some very quick levels, and then in the long run, around 3-4 EXP per hit/kill forever. Because of how high stat growths are in this game, it's those quick levels that really kill the idea. If I was going to promote early, it'd not be any earlier than the Kill EXP bonus reaching 7 (minimum, kill EXP = kill bonus + hit bonus, kill bonus reaches 7 when you're about 6 levels above the enemy)

I... don't quite understand how levelling works in maths speak...

But i reseted Chrom from lv 6 Great Lord back to his base class, and already exp got dwindled as he got up to lv 11 through the Champions of Yore 2 map. Does that mean anything?
#10amithedoctor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 7:28:16 AM
amithedoctor posted...
I_eat_tables posted...
acerola-orion posted...

I... don't quite understand how levelling works in maths speak...

But i reseted Chrom from lv 6 Great Lord back to his base class, and already exp got dwindled as he got up to lv 11 through the Champions of Yore 2 map. Does that mean anything?

Also, should I be worried?