Do you believe Owain is the most popular FE character outside of Marth/Ike/Roy?

#101sylawatchPosted 10/22/2013 3:38:12 AM
Karin18 posted...
I love how people bring up Facebook likes as though it is good evidence.

Ever think the fans of Chrom, Ike, Roy, Marth, etc are too sophisticated to put it on their page that they like them? I like all of them but I'm not going to go announcing it on my Facebook. I have way too many characters I like to do that. Plus it's just silly. And you have to take into account that he's popular for being popular so there's going to be all the dumb ***** who are like I WANNA FIT IN AND LOOK COOL CUZ 4CHAN SAYS HE'S COOL! I LIKE OWAIN!

There are ways to judge popularity. Facebook likes and polls are not one of them.

I have traveled random boards here asking who they think is the most popular between these men. Some don't know any (obviously I wanted to be unbiased so I went to non FE related boards) but Marth was the most popular I gathered (between these 5 of course). The reaction I got most was "Who the ****'s Owain?"

Take that as you will.

First of all you don't have to show that you like them on your page. You can gift second of alll why on earth should poll data, Facebook likes etc not be ways to judge popularity? It's how they measure for celeberties you know.

Also the only place where people bandwagon for Owain are in places like Reddit, and Youtube, because of the upvote options. Everywhere else it is REAL support. And I'm pretty sure Ike is the most popular Fire Emblem character of all.
---
Owain, Ashley, Toad, Ridley, Vaati, Rosalina, and Paper Mario For Smash Baby!.....
Yosh in the clouds=Yoshi deconfirmed http://i.imgur.com/22cOC1F.jpg
#102sylawatchPosted 10/22/2013 3:46:22 AM
You also didn't mention what boards you went to hmm...

And of course Marth, Ike, and Roy are more popular than Owain. I don't think anyone was trying to argue that.
---
Owain, Ashley, Toad, Ridley, Vaati, Rosalina, and Paper Mario For Smash Baby!.....
Yosh in the clouds=Yoshi deconfirmed http://i.imgur.com/22cOC1F.jpg
#103sneeker944Posted 10/22/2013 4:08:38 AM(edited)
sylawatch posted...

First of all you don't have to show that you like them on your page. You can gift second of alll why on earth should poll data, Facebook likes etc not be ways to judge popularity? It's how they measure for celeberties you know.

Also the only place where people bandwagon for Owain are in places like Reddit, and Youtube, because of the upvote options. Everywhere else it is REAL support. And I'm pretty sure Ike is the most popular Fire Emblem character of all.

Oh please. There are so many Owain bandwagoners it isn't even funny. Yes places like Reddit, Youtube, and Miiverse make it worse as they are all idiots, but the reason Owain is so ridiculously popular is mainly because people can't thinlk for themselves and just like what is popular. I'm not saying that Owain wouldn't be popular without the bandwagon, as he most certainly would. He was a side character that actually placed higher than a main character in the official poll of Japan. That is a huge feet, and if you don't think it is then you are letting your hate get the best of you which seems to be happening a lot in this topic anyways. But you can not honestly tell me that there aren't bandwagoners as they are the reason Owain ended up getting more hype than any other Fire Emblem character in history that was not included in Smash.