Awakening is looked at as a joke from the Smash community.

#1scrubs133Posted 10/9/2013 6:09:38 PM
Let's start with Tharja. She is the laughing stock of all laughing stocks and is considered to be one of the most ridiculous potential newcomers ever. Along with the likes of Non specific action figure, Poo, and Geno. She is used simply to make insecure people feel good about themselves or so they say. Lol what joke. No chance.

Lucina is considered to be one of the biggest clones ever. She is called a 1% more feminine Marth. She isn't laughed at like Tharja is, because she is more popular than her and is also a main character, but she gets a ton of flack because she is a clone and boring. Clone character along with Dark Link and Paper Mario. No chance.

Owain is considered to be a meme, troll character, and an awful choice. He doesn't get as much hate as Tharja because he has more backing than her because he is actually Ylissean royalty, a descendant of Marth, and the most popular character from the game. He still gets a ton of hate because people apparently only want him for memes and fanservice to take screen shots of. Troll character along with Waluigi, and Reggie. No chance.

Chrom is said to be the guy that everyone expects, but no one wants. People dislike him because he is boring and would be yet another male blue haired lord. People are sick of that, but overall he is still considered likely.

As for characters outside of Awakening....... Well let's just say they get just as much if not more hate, and are considered irrelevant.
#2FefnirOmega13Posted 10/9/2013 6:20:30 PM
Interesting. a game looked at as a joke by fans/a community of a game that's a joke in itself.

Jokeception
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#3SlashReturnsPosted 10/9/2013 6:27:17 PM
I have one thing to say:

Who cares about what they think?
---
I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!/Official Husbando of Nah<3
LoL name: LycanLeviathan
#4JariuPosted 10/9/2013 6:38:56 PM(edited)
Everyone knows that Tharja being even mentioned in something related to smash outside of being a sticker at best is a joke.

Lucina being a clone can be said just by looking at her design, when people talk about her in smash is just as an alternate costume for Marth, just as Dark Link is to Link and Dark Pit is to Pit (the later ended up as an actually amazing character in uprising tough, unlike Dark Link and in the eyes of some vocal haters Lucina).

The Owain thing is awkwardly correct tough outside of the Ylissean royalty and Marth thing, all he has is memes and fanboys and a ludicrous amount of them, very few of the people that hypes him talks about those things.

About Chrom, expecting him is common sense, the problem is that people is worried about him from a gameplay stand point because the last two FE reps where completely different from each other in Brawl (unlike Melee) and they are worried that they are going to cut out Ike to put Chrom who may end up using a similar fighting style to Marth's.
---
The Ja in the name is pronounced as Ha FYI.
Monster Hunter should just be called rule of cool: the series, and that's why you love it.
#5S1ppy_cupPosted 10/9/2013 6:55:38 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Jokeception

Only a fool would take anything from the Smash Community as a source of info. They are the most annoying thing to spawn from Gfaqs.
---
Official official of Officialing officials official.
#6davidledsmaPosted 10/9/2013 6:57:08 PM
The only thing Lucina has in common with Marth are the clothes and sword.
---
Divine Dragon's Blood is back in stock.
#7Franzise_DPosted 10/9/2013 7:23:02 PM
oh noooo someone doesn't like something I like boo hoo hoo
#8kitsuruPosted 10/10/2013 12:06:40 AM
Screw 'em. Fire Emblem needs a girl who uses a sword (Samus, Zelda, and Peach (in their normal forms) all use mainly projectiles/non-contact weapons. Jugglypuff has her, er, limbs, but she has to sing foes to sleep first. Can't say anything about the WF trainer yet, but it's safe to say she won't be using a blade.). That, more than anything, is why I doubt they'll be using Tharja--they need to add some close combat! to the female roster's fighting styles. I'm sick of having to play as

If people somehow don't like Lucina, they don't have to use her. Besides, we've seen from Link and Toon Link how successfully similar characters can carve their own niches in the series.

Chrom is predictable, and not someone I would probably play as if I had access to Lucina even as a skin for Marth.

Owain's sword hand would wreak vengeance on Tabuu in the name if Master Hand from Brawl. And possibly destroy the universe in a cataclysmic clash. So he probably won't be in it. Also, he and Tharja aren't as iconic for Awakening as Lucina and Chrom (Lucina in particular is heavily used in Japanese marketing for the game and related products; ie the Knights of Iris art book).
#9smash fanaticPosted 10/10/2013 2:21:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10smash fanaticPosted 10/10/2013 2:22:21 AM
Awakening is looked at as a joke
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/dondon_zpsb7a5edc8.jpg