Awakening is looked at as a joke from the Smash community.

#21k_pflipsenPosted 10/12/2013 2:58:54 PM
I want to see a non-sword user from FE in Smash.

Hector FTW,
---
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handy
#22l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 10/12/2013 6:24:30 PM
The Smash community is in no position to look at things as jokes.
---
I am fully aware that my username is stupid.
In my defense, I made it when I was 14. I, too, was pretty stupid back then.
#23TaiphlosionPosted 10/12/2013 6:33:50 PM
Smash has Sonic.

It has no right to complain about Lucina or Tharja.
---
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets and on TV.
#24marioluigi67890Posted 10/16/2013 5:18:32 AM
Taiphlosion posted...
Smash has Sonic.

This.
Honestly, fanbases for Videogames are beginning to piss me off. Around 80% of Pokemon and Mario fans nowadays are opinionated douches who need to take their nostalgia goggles off, CoD and Sonic... well, I don't really need to delve into them, a lot of Zelda fans are either the same as Pokemon and Mario fans or treat Zelda like it's better than all other franchises and that they're right, etc.
Now, we have the SSB fanbase. How rich.
#25LuminozeroPosted 10/17/2013 11:24:28 AM
marioluigi67890 posted...
Taiphlosion posted...
Smash has Sonic.

This.
Honestly, fanbases for Videogames are beginning to piss me off. Around 80% of Pokemon and Mario fans nowadays are opinionated douches who need to take their nostalgia goggles off, CoD and Sonic... well, I don't really need to delve into them, a lot of Zelda fans are either the same as Pokemon and Mario fans or treat Zelda like it's better than all other franchises and that they're right, etc.

Wow, what a vague and obnoxious comment with hints of a superiority complex. And you are better then these other gamers how?
---
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Bill Watterson
#26marioluigi67890Posted 10/17/2013 11:51:57 AM
Luminozero posted...
marioluigi67890 posted...
Taiphlosion posted...
Smash has Sonic.

This.

Wow, what a vague and obnoxious comment with hints of a superiority complex. And you are better then these other gamers how?

What fanbase? If you mean the Zelda one, I'm not treating any franchise like it's better than another. I rarely talk about Mario outside of the threads about his games.
And I'm not opinionated. It's impossible to deny the facts about the Pokemon, Mario, CoD, and Sonic fanbases. Admittedly, the Zelda one isn't too big nowadays (If I'm being honest here, the Zelda fanbase is the one that no-one talks about too much), but those others are pretty undeniable.
#27Cheesepower5Posted 10/17/2013 12:53:31 PM
Let's face it, if you're going to call one fanbase trash, you can use the same logic to call any fanbase trash.

I invoke Sturgeon's Law.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#28marioluigi67890Posted 10/18/2013 4:58:28 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
Let's face it, if you're going to call one fanbase trash, you can use the same logic to call any fanbase trash.

I invoke Sturgeon's Law.

Yeah, I guess. Even if some of us find certain ones more annoying than others (I find the genwunners insanely annoying, for instance), no fanbase is perfect.
#29HyperKirby7Posted 10/18/2013 9:07:35 PM(edited)
Topics like this often serve to create or perpetuate generalized hatred against communities.
Just how much of the Smash community do you see, and how much does it actually represent?
It is nice to see that there are people on here that defend the whole anti-hater thing, though.

Personally, I'd love to see a character from Awakening in Smash 4. The problem lies in the fact that it seems to be a "main characters only" club right now, and as Jariu said, Chrom wouldn't be a dramatic difference the way Ike was.

SOLUTION: Give Chrom a Second Seal for his DownB, or put MU in instead.

Class changes would be incredible as long as they don't put some fatigue limiter on it (like P.T.), force you to change (once again, P.T.), or make the character/other classes terrible (Shelda). Chrom could have the Great Lord class for powerful short-range attacks, Sniper for range/camping, and Paladin for mobility. They might not have interesting movesets on their own (adding skills could make them more interesting), but together they'd make a pretty neat character.

MU is as important in Awakening as Chrom is, if not more important. He/she brings THE MAGIC, which could be a goldmine for his/her moveset.

Go take that response to the doubters on SWF/AIB or wherever you're talking to them, if you haven't already thought of some changes of your own.
---
(0.0)(o.0)(x.x)(-.-)(O.O)(~.~)(*.*)(^.^)(#.#)($.$)('.')(>^,^)>
Q('.'Q)(b_)b (@_@) The Many Faces Of Kirby
#30Sea_WyvernPosted 10/19/2013 11:37:24 AM
HyperKirby7 posted...
Topics like this often serve to create or perpetuate generalized hatred against communities.
Just how much of the Smash community do you see, and how much does it actually represent?
It is nice to see that there are people on here that defend the whole anti-hater thing, though.

Personally, I'd love to see a character from Awakening in Smash 4. The problem lies in the fact that it seems to be a "main characters only" club right now, and as Jariu said, Chrom wouldn't be a dramatic difference the way Ike was.

SOLUTION: Give Chrom a Second Seal for his DownB, or put MU in instead.

Class changes would be incredible as long as they don't put some fatigue limiter on it (like P.T.), force you to change (once again, P.T.), or make the character/other classes terrible (Shelda). Chrom could have the Great Lord class for powerful short-range attacks, Sniper for range/camping, and Paladin for mobility. They might not have interesting movesets on their own (adding skills could make them more interesting), but together they'd make a pretty neat character.

MU is as important in Awakening as Chrom is, if not more important. He/she brings THE MAGIC, which could be a goldmine for his/her moveset.

Go take that response to the doubters on SWF/AIB or wherever you're talking to them, if you haven't already thought of some changes of your own.

I support this.
---
It's about badass o'clock! And we're right on time!
-- MemphisMastermind