The Official Q&A Topic for all CYOAs Part 4

#1Neosephiroth666Posted 10/10/2013 6:37:28 PM
So yay! Welcome to part four of everyone's favorite Q&A! Well, the only Q&A really. I shall trust you all to be grown adults. So be good, otherwise I shall summon meteors. Also, do I really need to post links to the other topics? I mean, really? I will if I must.

Previous poll winners
Best Main Character: June, from SoS
Best Spouse/Love interest: Sophia, from ToaPDM
Most OP character: Trail, from TUB
Best Lord: Kanis, from TUB
Best friend to a MC: Matthew, from OoD
Best Non Traditional unit: Nuada, from AotS
Best Supporting Dragon: Rhia, from TUB
Most Tragic Character: Trail, from TUB
Best Swordsman/woman: Leah, from TUB

Next Poll: Best Mage

For the glory of Idoun! Now G'night.
---
I love Idoun and am 100% proud of it! If you too are a Idoun believer, copy and paste this into your Sig.
She turned me into a newt!
#2Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 6:50:55 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention. I will post a trailer for UB in here, before I head over seas, to tide you all over. It will mainly give you a glimpse into UB's future and what horrors and sorrow await you. Fufufufufufu.....

And I expect at least 12 posts when I check tomorrow morning. So you better meet my quota!!! :P
---
I love Idoun and am 100% proud of it! If you too are a Idoun believer, copy and paste this into your Sig.
She turned me into a newt!
#3Cheesepower5Posted 10/10/2013 6:59:10 PM
Mecha Pilots are the new Cavalier.

Also, they're Western style mecha, like AT-AT Walkers or Metal Gear, not GUNDAM/Japanese style Super Robots. Which means people of any nationality are capable of piloting them.

Besides, there are plenty of German Super Robot pilots. And a few Brits thanks to Code Geass. Then there's G Gundam.

Grizzly Gundam mother****ers! B| Only time Canada be representin' in an anime.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#4SwordMasterEXPosted 10/10/2013 7:31:35 PM
SwordMasterEX
Neosephiroth666
Do you know what Mannu means Sephy? If my sources are to be trusted then it means who. Remember how I said everyone got their names because of their meanings? Can you think of someones who's name means nothing?

So what, he's Kaos, or the Void? Ah yes. Manu, the Father of the Abyss from Dark Souls.

...... I thought you said there were only two Absolutes. Also, this is getting a little ridiculous. Our CYOAs have way too much in common. You know what... I'm removing a postgame boss. Originally, I intended for the Void to be the very last boss in UB, but not anymore. I will have to think of something else, as I want my CYOA to remain unique. Otherwise there is absolutely no point in continuing it. I don't write anything that is generic, I refuse to. Sharing a theme is one thing, but I have no intention of sharing boss ideas.

Thanks SM. For unwittingly demolishing all my hard work. *Sigh* I'll go back to the drawing board later...

See that bold part? The answer lies in the question itself. Mannu's other name means nothing. The only meaningless name in the CYOA is Gunwrath; Gunwrath has no meaning. It's literally nothing. It represent him as wholly as possible because he has no identity. He is the empty void. Lacking purpose. Lacking a drive. His only goal is to bring everything back to him. To return all to it's original state before Aeon created the Universe. Mannu is Gunwrath. Also the void has always been the last boss. Didn't I mention that already? Does HoY have an Order vs. Chaos theme? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but people can take from it what they will. And what's Dark souls have to do with any of this?

Question for good ol SwordMaster. So how many 'Absolutes' does your universe have, and what are their roles? I get how Gunny and Yaggy kinda represent Yin and Yang, but do they actually have any in story responsibilities? Or do they just sit back on their sofas and eat cheese poofs? If it equals spoilers, don't worry about it, I'm just curious. Also, sorry if you already mentioned this before. I don't think you did, but I'm awfully tired so...

Originally 2, but Yagil got a bump in power and status. It's Aeon, The Hidden Past (Creation), Yagil, The Insurmountable Present(Fate and Action), and Gunwrath, The Unavoidable Future(The End of the Universe). And Yin and Yang are two separate entities. The Absolutes represent What has been, What is, and What will be.
---
It's the Autumn season and that means Pumpkin flavored everything! Pumpkin donuts, Pumpkin coffee, Pumpkin bread, even Pumpkin flavored harlots!
#5SwordMasterEXPosted 10/10/2013 7:34:09 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...

Also, they're Western style mecha, like AT-AT Walkers or Metal Gear, not GUNDAM/Japanese style Super Robots. Which means people of any nationality are capable of piloting them.

Besides, there are plenty of German Super Robot pilots. And a few Brits thanks to Code Geass. Then there's G Gundam.

Do they get Nukes as weapons? Because that would be badass. Nothing says OP like I could wipe out an entire city with the push of a button.
---
It's the Autumn season and that means Pumpkin flavored everything! Pumpkin donuts, Pumpkin coffee, Pumpkin bread, even Pumpkin flavored harlots!
#6Dragunov_ZeroPosted 10/10/2013 8:18:29 PM
SwordMasterEX posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

Do they get Nukes as weapons? Because that would be badass. Nothing says OP like I could wipe out an entire city with the push of a button.

Hmm, how about an EMP wave generator on the mouth that activates when it 'roars'?

It's output would be regulated so that it only stop other Gundams from functioning by frying their electronics so the ground troops can capture the enemy pilots afterwards. This would match with Canada's peacekeeping/peacemaking stance.
---
I hold both madness and justice in my hands, but I am the sole judge.
Whether I go to Hell or Heaven, I leave that to Fate, the author of life's trials.
#7SwordMasterEXPosted 10/10/2013 8:30:02 PM
Dragunov_Zero posted...
SwordMasterEX posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

Hmm, how about an EMP wave generator on the mouth that activates when it 'roars'?

It's output would be regulated so that it only stop other Gundams from functioning by frying their electronics so the ground troops can capture the enemy pilots afterwards. This would match with Canada's peacekeeping/peacemaking stance.

But it's not Gundams it's Metal Gears =/. Which means that at some point in the story some one must yell SNNAAAKE!!!!!
---
#8Cheesepower5Posted 10/10/2013 8:35:02 PM
SwordMasterEX posted...

Well, Nuke is is the most expensive item on the black market and can only be used by those with an S rank in guns. It'd only make sense for Mech Pilots to use Guns, so...

This was for WLBH, btw. The rampant abuse the Cain and Abel archetype has been receiving in the CYOAs has inspired me to add some into my next CYOA as well so that we can finally get Cain and Abel archetypes with inflated as f*** stats. Their staring class will be the "Mech Pilot" (name undecided) and they'll be able to reclass into Cavaliers or Wyvern Riders once things open up. And they'll be tied for most OP human characters with Dr. Conner and Travis (the Navarre.) :D

Dragunov_Zero posted...

Grizzly Gundam is from G Gundam, the series. Its pilot is a Canadian hyper macho bearded lumberjack with possibly the most developed, albeit stereotypical characterisation in the whole anime. The only other time I can think of Canada being mentioned in anime is Moe!Canada in Hetalia, and I never saw Hetalia, so I dunno' how manly/lumberjack he is.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#9Spitz_of_TFFPosted 10/10/2013 10:12:27 PM
I only know a very little bit of Mechs from Front Mission 3, so I'm useless in that.
---
Check out my CYOA HERE: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66644523
I'm Insane! Who keeps shooting me every time I talk?! *shot*
#10SwordMasterEXPosted 10/10/2013 11:34:41 PM
Oh come on it's not that bad. Cain and Abel only get impaled by Altriut's Lance if you don't save Eilis' team in time. It ain't a pretty sight though. Despite his name he is neither altruistic or benevolent. What those boys go through in the end is pretty bad. *shudders in thought of what happens to their rear ends by splintery wooden lances*
---