Grima vs Fomortiis

#1bobguydude1Posted 10/10/2013 11:32:39 PM
The Fell Dragon vs The Demon King

who wins? discuss.
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#2holychampPosted 10/11/2013 2:38:54 AM
well you fight the demon king while he is soulless and I would assume it should make his power drop by a huge margine. Grima was at full power but was actually somewhat strong so I don't think we can have a real answer unless we can see the DK's power at max.
---
AW DoR FC: 017304890953
#3Neosephiroth666Posted 10/11/2013 3:43:23 AM
If both were at full power? The Demon King, easily. Even Lunatic+ Grima wouldn't have much of a chance. Goat Face has similar to higher stat caps than Grima, but he also gets weapon bonuses unlike Grima. The Demon King also has two attacks, both with actual effects instead of lolExpiration, and unlike Grima who's HP can't exceed 99, the Demon King's HP has no cap and can go well above 100. Even with Dragonskin and RG/Ignis combo on his side, I still don't envision Grima standing much of a chance.
---
I love Idoun and am 100% proud of it! If you too are a Idoun believer, copy and paste this into your Sig.
She turned me into a newt!
#4WinsagePosted 10/11/2013 9:40:58 AM
Fomortiis is the King of Demons. When they originally brought him down, he left behind 5 survivors(who were probably on the verge of death) and a pile of corpses. And that was with all 5 Sacred Stones too.
---
NNid: Windsage
#5alucart_77Posted 10/11/2013 3:41:10 PM
Fomortiis is mechanically harder to trivialize (even though it's not hard to, just look at Grima). He can summon those dragon zombies and put your units to sleep, too.

Canon-wise, I have no idea. Fomortiis wasn't seen as much as Grima is.

Slightly off-topic, but has FE ever had a difficult final boss? I feel like it might be more fitting to the game and more difficult if the final level was a rout scenario with several antagonists, because it's hard to make a single unit threatening.
---
See how my thrift arm twitches? It hungers...for justice!
XBL: W1LL 77; playing P4A and BBCSE
#6GalwenPosted 10/11/2013 3:52:01 PM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
If both were at full power? The Demon King, easily. Even Lunatic+ Grima wouldn't have much of a chance. Goat Face has similar to higher stat caps than Grima, but he also gets weapon bonuses unlike Grima. The Demon King also has two attacks, both with actual effects instead of lolExpiration, and unlike Grima who's HP can't exceed 99, the Demon King's HP has no cap and can go well above 100. Even with Dragonskin and RG/Ignis combo on his side, I still don't envision Grima standing much of a chance.

Is Nino a better Mage than Pent just because she can have higher stats than him.

Going by your post, you'd say yes.

Anyway, Grima is treated as a threat to more than one continent. Unlike Fomortiis.
#7guedesbrawlPosted 10/11/2013 4:35:02 PM
alucart_77 posted...

Slightly off-topic, but has FE ever had a difficult final boss? I feel like it might be more fitting to the game and more difficult if the final level was a rout scenario with several antagonists, because it's hard to make a single unit threatening.

they say that PoR's in the highest difficulty is.

but when the only units who should even engage him are lolbroken, well, unless you want to rout...
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#8Huff n puff 20Posted 10/11/2013 6:22:00 PM(edited)
Statwise (Caps):
Fomortiis:
HP: 120
STR: 50 +10 or 15
MAG: --
SKL: 50 +10 or 15
SPD: 50
LCK: 30 +10 or 0
DEF: 50 +10 or 15
RES: 50 +15 or 10
MOV: 3
ATK: 75 (or 80)
Hit: 170 (or 197)
Avo: 95 (or 90)
Crt: 30 (or 32)
Range: 1-3 (Deals Damage vs RES); 1 (Deals Damage vs DEF)
Either way it's "Blight Damage" (I.E. Monsterweapon) like Grima's Expiration is, so Pavise halves it.
Skills: None

Grima (Lunatic+)
HP: 99
STR: 50
MAG: 40
SKL: 50
SPD: 45
LCK: 45
DEF: 50
RES: 50
MOV: - [Always Stands on "Ire", which has Throne Bonus]
ATK: 70 (90, Ignis)
Hit: 177
Avo: 90
Crt: 25
Skills: Dragonskin, Pavise+, Rightful God, Anathema, Ignis
(Chance of Ignis: 80%)

Calcualations:
Fomortiis
Fomortiis Doubles Grima.
Damage: Demon Light: 4 (x2); Ravager: 6 (x2)
Hit: Demon Light: 60 [68.40%]; Ravager: 87 [96.75%]
CRT: Fomortiis cannot Crit Grima

Grima:
Damage: Expiration: 10 if Fomortiis has Demon Light; 5 if Ravager. Expiration (Ignis): 30/25
(Average: 20/15)
Hit: 92 [98.80%]; 97 [99.85%]
CRT: 0 or 5%

Comparing Fomortiis's 8 damage average against Grima's 20:
It's a 12 fight KO for the Demon King.
6 fight KO for Grima.
Grima wins if Fomortiis uses Demon Light. (Accuracy isn't even involved, although with Accuracy, Fomortiis's average drops to 5.472, and therefore to a 18.092105263157894736842105263158 fight KO.)

At Ravager: 12 vs 15:
8 fight KO for both
Whoever gets first attack in wins. Considering Grima's Range 5 and Fomortiis's pitiful 3 MOV with Ravager being Range 1, that's probably Grima, although Fomortiis is likely to use Demon Light initially.

Last Note: Nightmare has 0 Hit on Grima. It's not even "status effects don't apply to Awakening units", it's that Nightmare cannot hit Grima. [Grima's RES is way too high].

....Against the player a Capped Fomortiis would be the definition of hellish final boss, and Grima's really a push over. Against each other, Grima's Skills crush Fomortiis.

So both mechanically and in canon, while Grima's still joke of a boss, and a capped Fomortiis would be wicked, I'd hand it to Grima.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vSQXpF4.jpg (Cutest Giant Robot ever)
http://i.imgur.com/rc9CO0c.jpg
#9VirusLordPosted 10/11/2013 7:47:42 PM
Galwen posted...
Anyway, Grima is treated as a threat to more than one continent. Unlike Fomortiis.

That seems like a fallacious argument. Only one continent is shown or even mentioned in SS, so for all intents and purposes, Fomortiis threatens the entire known world.

Anyway, I'd probably give it to Grima, just because of the sheer absurd size of Grima, which puts even the huge Demon King to shame, plus the whole flight thing. That said, if Fomortiis somehow managed to get on Grima's back to attack Grima's 'weakness' directly, and we're talking about a theoretical fully-awakened Fomortiis, I'd call it game over for Grima.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#10Huff n puff 20Posted 10/11/2013 7:51:52 PM
VirusLord posted...

That said, if Fomortiis somehow managed to get on Grima's back to attack Grima's 'weakness' directly, and we're talking about a theoretical fully-awakened Fomortiis, I'd call it game over for Grima.

See above-- one would figure, since Fomortiis's caps are so crazy for SS, that those are him at full power. Also, Fomortiis lacks the ability to actually defeat Grima either way, so even going all in on Grima's weakpoint won't do much to stop that monstrosity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vSQXpF4.jpg (Cutest Giant Robot ever)
http://i.imgur.com/rc9CO0c.jpg