ITT: We bring up ways to make FE harder.

#1GalwenPosted 10/12/2013 4:27:50 PM
Fire Emblem for the most part isn't very high on the difficultly list and has been so since Day 1. Be it Blazing Blade or Radiant Dawn, assorted FE games really aren't that hard. And yes that includes Thracia 776.

Anybody have ways to change this?
#2katellaPosted 10/12/2013 4:35:19 PM(edited)
Well first you draw your wand, think about FE7/10/12 and then shout Expecto Patronum!

This solves everything.
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
#3LeaderRElliotPosted 10/12/2013 4:41:51 PM
Lots of enemy archers and snipers with forged longbows 12 MT 110 Hit 0 crit.
#4fawful_XPosted 10/12/2013 4:52:48 PM
Invincible enemies that begin attacking your units if you take too long.

More enemies that enjoy sniping your units from areas you can only hit with siege tomes.

Infinite reinforcements designed to screw over your healers and anyone else commonly found in the back of your army.
---
I'll get my science team to invent a combustible lemon to BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN!
Colors are just a tool used by a benevolent eldrtich abomination.
#5Majora787Posted 10/12/2013 5:28:26 PM
Force everyone to play as lords that can't level up against larger hordes of enemies with nothing but a bronze sword, with no other units whatsoever.

Also, significantly more reinforcements that come from the end and beginning of each map.
---
I'd take Other M over Super Metroid, Skyward Sword over OoT, FE11 over FE7, and fresh molten crap smeared all over my face over Persona 2. Come at me.
#6Wandering__HeroPosted 10/12/2013 6:21:01 PM
- Make Your units aren't significantly stronger than the enemies and certainly aren't capable of smashing through hordes and hordes of them.

- Combine that with numerical advantage (numerical advantage on its own wont cut it)

- No units obviously superior to others or units who become uber juggernauts if their leveled above everyone. Possibly a fatigue system that penalizes the unit on that chapther, eventually forcing them to take 5 for the rest of the mission (though not that "can't use guy next chapther" because **** blind trial and error nonsense)

- No broken items like weightless Nosferatu

- Ai that doesn't suck
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#7OrangeCrush980Posted 10/12/2013 6:54:00 PM
Make FE7 the only Fire Emblem. Since half the fanbase hates it now, it'll be hard for them to complete it.
---
"That choke point bridge in Chapter 2 completely changed my strategy as well as my views on life." - WestbrickIII
#8Model_OmegaPosted 10/12/2013 7:05:17 PM
Basically everything they did in FE5, but don't make it impossible for the uninformed (EX: Chapter 4 and 8x)
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
Reggie for SSB4!
#9Majora787Posted 10/12/2013 7:10:33 PM
OrangeCrush980 posted...
Make FE7 the only Fire Emblem. Since half the fanbase hates it now, it'll be hard for them to complete it.

Well, that's definitely a way that'd work. But I think we can come up with a safer and less destructive way.
---
I'd take Other M over Super Metroid, Skyward Sword over OoT, FE11 over FE7, and fresh molten crap smeared all over my face over Persona 2. Come at me.
#10Airship_CanonPosted 10/12/2013 7:17:40 PM
More spike damage. Luna+ isn't a bad skill. And given undermanning tendencies can get curbed by such things, this is a solid way to go. Perhaps add in various enemies with Lethality (You'd -have- to focus out Lethality enemies or they -might- instakill someone.)
Smaller maps with more enemy cavs/fliers. [As Chapter 12 proves. 12 is, by standards of the rest of the series, a solid map with plenty of chokepoints and defensible locations. It's also hard as hell because the enemy is very mobile and the ED is high. This is actual difficulty, FYI, because the problem with it occurs when you get flanked, etc (outside of dumb enemies that can be exploited in to trying to get thru beef in the center chokepoint)]
More hard counters. Not necessarily "counter" but that -is- an example. Something set up explicitly to counter Nosferatu would be nice, although Nos could be readily curbed by increased cost and weapon Rank. [Were Nosferatu 9500g, 20 use, A-rank, cannot be forged, it wouldn't be half the issue it is.]
Higher enemy hitrates. [Perhaps the beyond hard modes add in Hawkeye as baseline.]
More Enemies with Braves.
Give the enemy Pair Up. [Hell give them S-ranks, and Paired Braves for certain, specific encounters.]
Smarter, less predictable AI. The AI of Awakening already cheats and reads the RNG for that turn,let it keep doing that, but make it smarter-- like aware of its skills. [I.E. Enemy with a Tomahawk, Counter. He won't derp range-2ing your dodgy Swordmaster. No He'll run in and attack Range 1.] And make it prioritize targets differently- take down healers, dancer, etc. over slightly squishier combatants, or recognize that units with say Nosferatu are tanks. Have the AI use chokepoints, etc. instead of blindly rushing your army.
---
Brought to you in part by noise. For when you want to hear things, but dont want to be bothered with knowing what it is you are hearing.