So what is the life span of Taguel/Manakete also few other questions about them

#1Vegeta9005Posted 10/13/2013 6:24:19 PM(edited)
As the title said, what is the life span of Taguel and Manakete?

In other Fire Emblem game few Manakete have dragon wings in their human form why?

And does the Taguel ever appear in other Fire Emblem game? I don't really remember...

I wish Morgan sprites was different for the Manakete and Taguel can you imagine how amazing it would be to have a hot looking Morgan with Manakete ears or Taguel bunny ears? =D I guess the game developers got a little lazy for Morgan sprites.
---
Red is a Pokemon Master.
Ash is a failure who, after 600 episodes, has not accomplished much. (At least he have Eternal Youth I guess.)
#2fawful_XPosted 10/13/2013 6:31:05 PM
It's not really explained exactly why Manaketes have dragon wings in their human forms in FE1/3/11/12 and don't in Awakening (which is stated to be in the future of the games with Marth in them), while the others are just massive year gaps. I also assume that 1 Manakete Year = 100 Human years...

Taguel are new to Awakening, but are mainly a homage to the Laguz from PoR/RD. I'd assume their lifespan would be similar to that of a generic Laguz.

And yes, Manakete Morgan with long ears would be amazing. But they ran low on time, so I guess that's one of the things they dodn't have enough time to do.

Also, I shall ask the immortal question: Do Manaketes lay eggs or give live birth?
---
I'll get my science team to invent a combustible lemon to BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN!
Colors are just a tool used by a benevolent eldrtich abomination.
#3Vegeta9005(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 6:49:16 PM(edited)
fawful_X posted...
Also, I shall ask the immortal question: Do Manaketes lay eggs or give live birth?

I can already imagine the nightmare cutscene...

Robin I'm giving birth to our child! *Start to lay an Egg* There you go all done! Say hello to Morgan Robin, in few days she will hatch from egg!

Robin: OH MAH GAAAAAAAWD! *Wake up screaming*

I also found on the internet few... Disturbing images of a Manakete character from Awakening lay *Eggs* I hope they don't give birth like that. lol
---
Red is a Pokemon Master.
Ash is a failure who, after 600 episodes, has not accomplished much. (At least he have Eternal Youth I guess.)
#4Strawberry_EggsPosted 10/13/2013 7:05:32 PM
It may just be the male Manaketes that have wings in human form. Tiki and Nagi in the DS remakes don't have them. I have seen artwork of Tiki with wings from the original versions, so I wonder if that was retconned.

This is my own personal theory here, but I believe that Manaketes give birth to live babies. Despite their draconic origins, their default forms are human-like. Humans are mammals, and placental mammals at that. I doubt they transform into dragons and lay eggs, as that would be very impractical (what if they don't have a Dragonstone when it comes time to lay the egg/give birth). They could be monotremes, but that would be even more horrific...
---
"What good is having friends if they don't put you in mortal peril every once in a while?" - Melody Muns, The Rithmatist
#5businessman999Posted 10/13/2013 7:37:44 PM
Vegeta9005 posted...
fawful_X posted...

Robin I'm giving birth to our child! *Start to lay an Egg* There you go all done! Say hello to Morgan Robin, in few days she will hatch from egg!

I also found on the internet few... Disturbing images of a Manakete character from Awakening lay *Eggs* I hope they don't give birth like that. lol

wtf
robin has to be the male cause all manaketes are female in this game. robin wont give birth
---
Platinum [4941 4097 8342] Black [1034 0817 0882] White 2 [4170 2373 8416]
#6mflorianPosted 10/14/2013 3:06:59 AM
businessman999 posted...
Vegeta9005 posted...
fawful_X posted...

wtf
robin has to be the male cause all manaketes are female in this game. robin wont give birth

Robin is human in the poster's scenario. There's a few missing commas there.
---
There's probably a lesson to be learned from all this, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.
#7mflorianPosted 10/14/2013 3:34:59 AM(edited)
Belly button on Nowi's character design suggest mammalian-style birth. No way to know what happened when they were dragons full-time.

Manakete lifespans don't really have a proportional relationship with human lifespans. Nowi is 1000, looks about 10-12. Tiki is 3000, looks about 19-21. It's not even clear if Manaketes even die of old age with Bantu being ancient even during Shadow Dragon and still around during Awakening (mentioned, not seen).

As for Taguel, there's no way to know for sure. Too little information.

I wouldn't make any assumptions based on the portrayal of the Laguz in previous games, though.
---
There's probably a lesson to be learned from all this, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.