If Awakening is a Fire Emblem game, then Xenoblade is a Xeno game

#1ProtosHeisPosted 10/16/2013 1:23:14 PM
Both are completely different from the rest of their series
---
It's not about the machine, it's the pilot!
#2PT_PiranhaPosted 10/16/2013 1:55:40 PM
I'm sure this is some sort of generalization you're making. But I haven't even touched any game with "Xeno" in the title, so this isn't my argument to be a part of.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of GameFAQs-
#3fawful_XPosted 10/16/2013 1:59:39 PM
*looks at Xenosaga episodes 2 and 3*

I don't understand.
---
I'll get my science team to invent a combustible lemon to BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN!
Colors are just a tool used by a benevolent eldrtich abomination.
#4SwordMasterEXPosted 10/16/2013 2:15:45 PM
Well Xenogears differs from Xenosaga and Xenoblade so maybe they were all meant to be different.

And Awakening isn't that much different from other FEs. Although both Awakening and Xenoblade offer some great music.
---
It's the Autumn season and that means Pumpkin flavored everything! Pumpkin donuts, Pumpkin coffee, Pumpkin bread, even Pumpkin flavored harlots!
#5Airship_CanonPosted 10/16/2013 2:18:41 PM
Xenoblade IS a Xeno game, and Xenogears is very different from Xenosaga.
X is also probably a Xeno game, I think...

Awakening isn't all that different from the rest of the FE series.

Also, just to screw with you: Front Mission: Armored Core-- I mean Front Mission: Evolved is a Front Mission. Advance towards me, brethren.
---
Do you Remember these Mechanized Memories? For the Spirit of the Mother Will Comes Again.
#6Model_OmegaPosted 10/16/2013 2:30:45 PM
If you think Awakening is vastly different from FE, then you should really play Gaiden.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
Reggie for SSB4!
#7katellaPosted 10/16/2013 2:34:44 PM
I'd totally agree with this statement if:

1.) Xenoblade was part of the Xeno series(coincidentally the same prefix; it was originally named "Monad" or something)
2.) Awakening was a real Fire Emblem
3.) Awakening was the same genre as Fire Emblem series
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
#8EndgamePosted 10/16/2013 3:05:12 PM
Awakening is completely different from the real Fire Emblems, yes, but how is Xenoblade different from Xenogears or Xenosaga? all three are just generic shounen anime movies with a sci-fi theme and some bible references
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#9katellaPosted 10/16/2013 3:08:09 PM(edited)
Endgame posted...
yes, but how is Xenoblade different from Xenogears or Xenosaga?

It's not part of the xeno series. It's like Confusing Digimon with Pokemon.
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
#10Strawberry_EggsPosted 10/16/2013 3:26:29 PM(edited)
It's Gnosticism, not the Bible or "regular" Christianity of any sort. It's a fascinating religion/philosophy that influenced early Christianity, though was later considered a heresy. They also, if you ask me, realized how much of an evil tyrant Yaweh is in the Old Testament, as they identified him as the ignorant Demiurge.
---
"What good is having friends if they don't put you in mortal peril every once in a while?" - Melody Muns, The Rithmatist