If Awakening is a Fire Emblem game, then Xenoblade is a Xeno game

#31HonzouPosted 10/24/2013 5:55:31 AM
americancheeze posted...
- According to you they made the system more shallow by having a higher level of story to a mechanic that was previously entirely just story, added mechanical benefits for doing them, and it's terrible because you chose to use it to min-max when you can make perfectly suitable units without giving any heed to the min-maxing and simply enjoy the dynamic for what it is without increasingly triviality.

- Calling me a casual because I find the games easy enough to mostly ignore the weapon triangle apparently makes sense to you and "You're a casual" is a apparently a valid counterpoint that enables you to ignore all other points of a subject. And also me being a fan that doesn't abuse mechanics and simply enjoys the game for what it offers makes me a worse fan than a person that does and then complains about it.

- Your counterpoint to my permadeath point doesn't even make any logical sense whatsoever. You argue that it being an option is an overdone excuse and then make an argument that in no way backs up your point: that permadeath is in previous FE games and is the only way to play. As if permadeath is not in Awakening or that the casual mode somehow affects your game even though it has no way to affect your game unless you pick it. It literally does not in any way affect the game unless you choose to use it. This isn't an overdone argument or an excuse. If you don't use it, it might as well not be there because it does nothing to anything. It can in no possible way actually affect your game unless you make it do so.

- Yes them being options does exempt everything but the lower overall difficulty from being "flaws". If you don't choose the options you think are flaws, they can't affect your game. That's what it being an option means. That's how options work. If you don't pick casual mode it doesn't affect your gameplay, if you don't download the fan service missions they literally aren't part of the game and even the fan service bits in those missions are things you have to choose to trigger, you can start at a higher difficulty, you don't have to min max the kids if you don't want to. This is like picking up something heavy that nobody asked or needed you to and then complaining that you have to carry it around.

- Again you keep saying "This isn't a FE game" despite it having all the same mechanics, tropes, and genre, and then refusing to actually explain why it's a completely and totally different game despite having the same mechanics, tropes, and genre. I'd accept a statement like "It's a hollow shell of a FE game.", but completely denying it as a FE game at all makes you look like an elitist hipster. One of those types that go "I liked _____ blank before it was cool, now ____ sold out and sucks." and "If you don't agree with me you are a lesser fan than me."

Fixed.

Personally I told my self never to bother with another Katella post but for the sake of some posters here... Let give ya a peek at Katella's progression based on her posts and signatures.

FE:A fan-> WB7 fan->WB7's fall out with FE:A->Katella hates FE:A->WB8 love/hate relationship->Official FE7 waifu (signature and copy pasta Smash stupid wall of text)-> current Katella.

Now stop being stupid people and move on. FE Awakening is an FE game. deal with it or simply put a bullet in your head and stop producing more CO2. Your choice.

Sometimes I wonder how people can be this stupid. It's just a game.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#32katellaPosted 10/24/2013 6:50:33 AM
Honzou posted...
Personally I told my self never to bother with another Katella post but for the sake of some posters here... Let give ya a peek at Katella's progression based on her posts and signatures.

I find it very creepy, disturbing and stupid that you'd stalk my every move and write a false summary on my history.

FE:A fan-> WB7 fan->WB7's fall out with FE:A->Katella hates FE:A->WB8 love/hate relationship->Official FE7 waifu (signature and copy pasta Smash stupid wall of text)-> current Katella.

I know people need something greater than them to believe in to get through their miserable lives, but don't be mistaken because though it's very easy to, WB isn't some sort of deity and since his awesome has blinded your judgement you think that I think the same way that you do. Sorry, I'm not hooked on worshipping and religion. Anyway, stop thinking WB started some sort of mass-fad of sippin' on haterade. He simply made people more comfortable with being more vocal with their complaints on the series.

I find it hilarious that you tryhards think you have accurate assessments on me, so please do humor me moar. :3
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
#33HonzouPosted 10/24/2013 11:09:45 AM
I rest my case. folks this shows Katella's self denial. Specially when "it" itself wore signatures proclaiming most of the things I put there.

Yes I do think you are in an eternal self denial state, Also no one is stalking you (Proving everyone's point you just have a huge ego). I just happen to have a good memory.

Also swinging around terms like tryhards, casuals, etc.pretty much proves you never had a valid point, and shows you have a severe inferiority complex that you will eternally deny and try to prove people wrong. Also I find it charming the stupidity of your WB comment, when you yourselves were riding him hard when he was here. It just proves how delusional you are.

But yes Katella please continue being the joke of this board, due entertain us. Please continue coming here and show how this board is the closest thing you have for "Social interaction" cause clearly the "FE7 fanservice Waifu" knows what she/it talking about (A.K.A. nothing).

And that folks is my final say in this topic because we all know Katella will comeback with more moronic comebacks. :D
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#34MoranitePosted 10/24/2013 11:26:46 AM
Being somewhat new to Fire Emblem, I can't say much about that, but...

How do you define Xeno- game? If all you need is the name and the creative force behind it, then yeah, Xenoblade is a Xeno- game, alongside Xenogears and Xenosaga.

If you're saying it's in the same series, and occurs in the same timeline... no. Xenoblade has no place in either Xenogears' or Xenosaga's universes. Even those two don't line up perfectly because Xenosaga had to be rewritten for all kinds of reasons.
---
http://anilist.co/user/2482/Moranite
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Moranite
#35katellaPosted 10/24/2013 11:39:00 AM(edited)
Honzou posted...
I rest my case. folks this shows Katella's self denial. Specially when "it" itself wore signatures proclaiming most of the things I put there.

Yes I do think you are in an eternal self denial state, Also no one is stalking you (Proving everyone's point you just have a huge ego). I just happen to have a good memory.

A little mad, aren't we Honzou? No one was talking to you to begin with so you have no reason to be. Furthermore, if you can't depict the sarcasm in my post then I have no reason to take it seriously, however...

Also swinging around terms like tryhards, casuals, etc.pretty much proves you never had a valid point, and shows you have a severe inferiority complex that you will eternally deny and try to prove people wrong. Also I find it charming the stupidity of your WB comment, when you yourselves were riding him hard when he was here. It just proves how delusional you are.

I don't know where you get such wild, baseless accusations from; it's like you're just flinging empty insults with no meaning as a sad attempt to get a rise out of me, when it won't happen but I'm sure you have it somewhere in your empty head otherwise. You have to be the worst, most illiterate fool I've encountered on gamefaqs.

But yes Katella please continue being the joke of this board, due entertain us.

Ouch! I should work on my grammar too. Oh wait... :(

Please continue coming here and show how this board is the closest thing you have for "Social interaction" cause clearly the "FE7 fanservice Waifu" knows what she/it talking about (A.K.A. nothing).

...and how would you know that, assuming it weren't the furthest thing from the truth? Your empty butthurt insults tickle me :3

Silly Madzou, if you had any skill in the art of le troll, I'd take you somewhat seriously, troll-wise. You're just bad and look dumb when you insult with your terribru grammar. I'd feel bad serving you up so I'll leave it at that. <3
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
#36americancheezePosted 10/25/2013 1:15:50 PM
I'd continue debating the point, but considering the opposition thinks I should bring his argument to the debate for him it would be kinda like punching a retarded baby and proclaiming myself a master of kung-fu.
---
Real cheeze taste, zero calories.
"Remember, friends don't let friends get pulled up to the ceiling by horrid mutant beetle creatures."