So, i'm not sure people understood it in my first try, so let's do this again!

#1guedesbrawlPosted 10/16/2013 6:53:07 PM
There is a tier list, regarding how good each dad is overall, in the beginning of this post. How correct it is, in your opinion? - Results (54 votes)
100% correct, seriously. All dads are where they should be
5.56% (3 votes)
Well, there are only a few little mistakes, but it's mostly correct
40.74% (22 votes)
So-so. Around half of it was right, half was wrong.
22.22% (12 votes)
Personally, i think this list isn't very true to the game.
29.63% (16 votes)
Like, it's great, but the old one (which is shown as the second tier list), is more correct.
1.85% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Yeah, blame me. I didn't think people would actually think about the pairing list when voting, but the first post proved me wrong. (Although it WAS Endgame of all people, so i dunno if i should've taken it seriously)

Well, this should be clear enough. For those that have no idea of what this is about... have you ever seen a topic whose tittle began with "Rate the Character"?

Those are part of a series done by yours truly, where me and other users went through every pairing (that doesn't involve the Avatar) to rate the resulting kid. We gave each pairing a rank.

There were 5 ranks at all: S, A, B, C and D; with S being reserved for the best pairings in the game, D for the worsts, and ABC for the in-betweens.

If you want to see the results for each pairing, easymodexz was nice enough to make a table in excel and uploaded the table for ease of use:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsROa0PvbZ4XdG95cEFoV3p1b0hiMTNjMVFzc0M4bWc&usp=sharing

After giving each rank a numerical value (S being 5, D being 1... you get the picture.); i could calculate an average score for each dad. So, this list below, shows the dads ordered by their scores, divided in tiers. In case you want to know their scores, it's right beside their names:

Just to make sure you got it, this is the tier list you should be analyzing

S Rank
1-Gaius 3,81
2-Stahl 3,80
2-Gregor 3,80

A Rank
3-Frederick 3,54
4-Ricken 3,50
5-Kellam 3,30

B Rank
6-Henry 3,18
7-Chrom 3,00
7-Lon'qu 3,00

C Rank
8-Vaike 2,80
8-Libra 2,80
9-Donnel 2,70

D Rank
10-Virion 2,20

My comments about the tiers:

S: So, the Vantage dads that pass other very useful things are the best dads? I'm okay with that.

A: Here, the Luna pairings. Due to mods, they are kinda situational, but the kids that do make use of Luna always turn out pretty great, so it's no wonder they got so high up.

B: Henry and Lon'qu are here because of the few kids that really like one of
Sorceror or Myrmidon, otherwise their lack of class synergy/overlap surely
would've brought them down. Chrom is a hit-or-miss dad, with 4 drastically
different options, so he got the middle spot as expected.

C: Highly situational dads with lots of overlap, not that bad, but mostly meh.

D: None of Virion's kids want more than one of his classes. And they always
are lacking something afterward (one of Luna or Galeforce, if not both).

Now then, in the last option of the poll i mentioned a second tier list. This is it: the first version (or in other words, the OLD tier list of the above rankings, so if you want to take a look for comparison purposes:

S Rank
1-Gaius 3,90
1-Gregor 3,90

A Rank
2-Stahl 3,70
3-Frederick 3,63

B Rank
4-Kellam 3,3
4-Ricken 3,3
5-Henry 3,27
6-Lon'qu 3,1

C Rank
7-Chrom: 3,0
7-Vaike 3,0
8-Donnel 2,9
9-Libra 2,8

D Rank
10-Virion 2,2
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#21iqPosted 10/16/2013 7:08:07 PM
Why is donnel C and not S? he passes pegasus to some kids, as well merc class.
---
Vote donnel for SSB4!
3ds FC: 4596-9999-0519
#3guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 7:15:24 PM
1iq posted...
Why is donnel C and not S? he passes pegasus to some kids, as well merc class.

he passes pegasus to 3 kids out of his 11 possible kids. And one of those (Nah) isn't even that good.

Also, all of his other kids are pretty bad, outside of Laurent, who can actually use mercenary. In special, he has overlap problems with Merc and Fighter, and most kids have access to one of those already.

2 awesome kids does not an awesome dad make.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#4videospiritPosted 10/16/2013 10:16:12 PM
I'm honestly not sure why Gauis is so high. He's about the same as Lon'qu for most kids. Do Nah, Kjelle, and noire boost his value up that much?

Frederick is overrated too, he should be worse than the other luna fathers.

I guess everything else is alright.
#5LuminozeroPosted 10/16/2013 10:29:52 PM
Poll does not have 'Owain' on it.

This topic fails.
---
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Bill Watterson
#6guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 2:25:07 AM
Luminozero posted...

This topic fails.

what
---
#7guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 2:26:41 AM
videospirit posted...
I'm honestly not sure why Gauis is so high. He's about the same as Lon'qu for most kids. Do Nah, Kjelle, and noire boost his value up that much?

Frederick is overrated too, he should be worse than the other luna fathers.

I guess everything else is alright.

Gaius is also a vantage dad, so he gets a good Laurent/Severa; and really helps Gerome and Yarne. His only bad kids are Inigo and Owain.

Frederick? Yeah, i kinda agree there.
---
#8Karin18Posted 10/17/2013 3:28:42 AM
Luminozero posted...

This topic fails.

Typical Owain fan logic.... ~_~
---
Black Mage: Dammit fighter, White Mage doesn't like me because you're a rotten friend.
Fighter: I'm horrible!
#9LuminozeroPosted 10/17/2013 12:16:46 PM
Karin18 posted...
Luminozero posted...

This topic fails.

Uhh...

You know what? No. I'm not going to correct you. It's more fun that way.
---
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Bill Watterson
#10videospiritPosted 10/17/2013 12:29:42 PM
Luminozero posted...
Karin18 posted...
Luminozero posted...

This topic fails.

Uhh...

You know what? No. I'm not going to correct you. It's more fun that way.

I fail to see how Owain could possibly compete when the only child he can possibly father could have anyone for a dad and still be amazing. His score would be worse than Virion's!