Does this game have canon pairings?

#1FirstBloodXPlusPosted 10/21/2013 12:28:01 AM
I'm just curious.
---
First Blood
lrn2adapt
#2SwordMasterEXPosted 10/21/2013 1:38:04 AM
The closest you'll get is Chrom x Sumia, but even that isn't canon.
---
It's the Autumn season and that means Pumpkin flavored everything! Pumpkin donuts, Pumpkin coffee, Pumpkin bread, even Pumpkin flavored harlots!
#3Airship_CanonPosted 10/21/2013 1:58:41 AM
Nothing official.
Chrom/Sumia pretty much is though. Kinda hard to fight with an intro. >_>;;
---
Do you Remember these Mechanized Memories? For the Spirit of the Mother Will Comes Again.
#4Model_OmegaPosted 10/21/2013 6:30:19 AM
Figuring things out for yourself is the only real freedom humans have, don't give that up.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
Reggie for SSB4!
#5BlossercubblesPosted 10/21/2013 6:41:27 AM
It's mostly up to the player. I did find it rather odd that so very often, when a new unit joined, there would just happen to be one male and one female.

Sully/Virion, Maribelle/Ricker, Vaike/Miriel. Gave me a chuckle.
---
I've boned a troll and wreaked some wrath, but on the whole I've had no path.
#6fawful_XPosted 10/21/2013 7:26:05 AM
Blossercubbles posted...
It's mostly up to the player. I did find it rather odd that so very often, when a new unit joined, there would just happen to be one male and one female.

Yeah. Now, if only Sumia/Kellam was possible...
---
I did what I could!
*drunken babbling*
#7LuminozeroPosted 10/21/2013 8:30:19 AM
fawful_X posted...
Blossercubbles posted...

Yeah. Now, if only Sumia/Kellam was possible...

I find Sumia/Henry and Miriel/Kellam sufficient for the both of them. Some cute supports there.
---
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Bill Watterson
#8shiningpikablu252Posted 10/21/2013 8:41:28 AM
Given how the game has a character who doesn't even have a canonical gender (the My Unit), there's probably very little in set-in-stone canon concerning character pairings, and none of which is outright revealed as such. I wouldn't be surprised if there were two different sets of pairing lists, one for each gender of My Unit...

(Also, if somebody called SazukeEX comes around trying to talk about the subject, it's best not to pay attention. He claims to be an expert in the field of Fire Emblem canon, yet does nothing but spout nonsense whenever the subject comes up. He says in-game hints are heavy clues toward in-game canon--yet ignores his own advice concerning FE7 by insisting Hector's canonical bride is Farina, who's practically never hinted at, as opposed to Lyn, who's heavily hinted at especially in Hector's tale. He claims the My Unit has a canonical gender, akin to claiming that Red, Kris, May, Dawn, and Iris are the canonical player character choices in the Pokémon games [do keep in mind that Kris isn't even playable in Gold/Silver--only in Crystal and HeartGold/SoulSilver]--if the My Unit were intended to have a canonical gender, that would defeat the purpose of even having the My Unit concept)...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#9easymodexzPosted 10/21/2013 9:11:36 AM
This thread's kinda deja vu.
#10Strawberry_EggsPosted 10/21/2013 10:14:05 AM
This thread crops up every couple of weeks or so.

Sully x Virion seems especially iffy to me. There is Stahl after all, the Abel of the Cain and Abel Archetype in this game. And of course, Sully x Stahl are the only couple to get a truly unique paired ending.
---
"What good is having friends if they don't put you in mortal peril every once in a while?" - Melody Muns, The Rithmatist