Most broken character in a FE game?

#51katellaPosted 11/4/2013 1:36:46 AM
Galwen posted...
New Mystery of the Emblem Swordmasters>Swordmasters in various other Fire Emblem games.

Glad you could verify that with your fluid elaboration. :3
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
#52Cheesepower5Posted 11/4/2013 1:42:04 AM
katella posted...
Galwen posted...
New Mystery of the Emblem Swordmasters>Swordmasters in various other Fire Emblem games.

Knight -> Swordmaster MU is pretty broken, but you need to be on a second run.

Other than that, I'm not really seeing it. As far as the basics of the class, FE6 Swordmasters >>>>>>. Dat 30% Crit bonus.
---
Etrian Odyssey; The only series where hardened warriors have to graduate from killing squirrels, armadillos and grasshoppers to still get stomped by a baboon.
#53GalwenPosted 11/4/2013 3:04:03 AM(edited)
Cheesepower5 posted...
katella posted...
Galwen posted...

Knight -> Swordmaster MU is pretty broken, but you need to be on a second run.

Other than that, I'm not really seeing it. As far as the basics of the class, FE6 Swordmasters >>>>>>. Dat 30% Crit bonus.

1. NMotE's Swordmasters are one of the better classes when it comes to dodging as far as Lunatic goes. Which is worth pointing out since after a point so many of the playable units are all killed in 2-3 hits or less.

2. Has the best offense (and does it without being based as much on critical hits) of all the non-mounted classes besides Berserkers (and that class has less move and Kris is the best Axe base user). Among other things, the class actually has decent 1-2 range combat what with magic swords at least being decent and Hand Axes+Javelins being nerfed.

Also, you can have more good Swordmasters in MotE then in BB (where Rutger really is better than other Swordmasters).
#54Sea_WyvernPosted 11/4/2013 4:50:04 AM
katella posted...
davidledsma posted...
katella posted...
jdeo1997 posted...
the whole myrmidon line (myrmidon, swordmaster, trueblade, assasin) gave and continues to give me a lot of luck when i play as them as they usually hit fast, hard, and dodge a lot. haar is also broken, but that should be obvious if you played radiant dawn

Assassin isn't part of the myrmidon tree though. Myr's are really only broken in RD where they have infinite and overpowered 1-2 range weapons(Alondite, Ragnell, and even wind edge weapons after having enough skill which isn't a problem for Myr's).

Most broken are the laguz royals in all FE. Tibarn dodges everything and can tank a crossbow shot to the face(which does like x5 damage to fliers iirc).

The Laguz Royals really just broke the game in any level you put them. Mainly Naesala, Tibarn and Caeneghis(his name's a cluster f*** I never can spell).

Crossbows I never understood, did they apply the bonus damage BEFORE the unit's defense?

I feel like they ignore def against fliers because if the damage were simply multiplied, the bonus damage would only add up to a max of 15-20 damage with Tibarn/Naesala's defence. Meanwhile, Cainephis was only in the endgame and was highly vulnerable to magic with garbage-like evasion compared to the other royals(save for Kurth, who doesn't even need to dodge most of the time). Tibarn, Naesala and Nailah wreck't everything. '3'

Crossbows and their relatives do not ignore Def. They ignore your unit's Str. Think of them as portable ballistae. What they DO have is stupidly high MT values, meaning their bonus damage is ridiculous.

Take the Arbalest, the strongest crossbow. It's MT is 38. Meaning bonus damage total is 114. Tibarn can survive a hit from that thing just barely if he has capped his Def and HP (caps are 75 HP and 20 Def (40 shifted)--meaning he'll survive with 1 HP).
---
It's about badass o'clock! And we're right on time!
-- MemphisMastermind
#55dragonite241992Posted 11/4/2013 6:16:19 AM
Does FE4 have difficulty settings actually? Early FE was rather hard, but is it harder then FE9 Maniac mode?

Also, concerning the avatar, is she(assuming a female here) strong enough to do early FE:A lunatic by herself? She needs a pair up for exp boost and stats at least, so a solo isn't really a FE:A thing.

The trouble with comparing all of those games really is the differences in general mechanics and difficulty making a objective reasoning rather difficult.

I haven't played FE4, but I don't think Sigurd is the most broken unit because he doesn't get to break his entire game. Would he be able to match up with FE4 endgame if he could go on growing the entire game like Ike?

Sigurd is designed to be a ''ace'' unit for part of the game with a tragic fate, so of course he wins out with those favorable terms. You could also argue Seth is 100% unstoppable the first half of sacred stones, and yet he gets docked brokenness simply because he has to finish endgame.

IMO Ike brokeness, even if it's flawed compared to Sigurd, still has some extra weight because he gets to be broken in endgame circumstances while Sigurd only has a earlygame to deal with. Of course, my entire point fails if Sigurd still would be able to dominate his endgame, but can he? If somebody can pull out some statistics on that I would be interested to know.
---
my 3ds FC is 1418 6686 0916, if you play pokemon, add if you wish.
#56welkin_gPosted 11/4/2013 6:27:08 AM
FE13 MU is the most stupidly broken character. He/she can have like 20 levels edge over enemy units before midgame.

Ike in FE9 is an average unit. Ike in FE10 doesn't do anything that Mia with Earth support can't do.

FE9 Marcia and Jill are better (relative to the game) than Seth if we take BEXP dumping into account.
#57redroses_4lifePosted 11/4/2013 10:28:28 AM
Seth.
---
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?
#58rhys855Posted 11/4/2013 11:11:31 AM
welkin_g posted...
FE13 MU is the most stupidly broken character. He/she can have like 20 levels edge over enemy units before midgame.

Ike in FE9 is an average unit. Ike in FE10 doesn't do anything that Mia with Earth support can't do.

FE9 Marcia and Jill are better (relative to the game) than Seth if we take BEXP dumping into account.

Mia is real weak early on.

Ike just has worry about his slight lack of speed which is resolved with the speed wings you get.
---
Best Pony, Twilight Sparkle http://i.imgur.com/QhLuNab.png
#59Sea_WyvernPosted 11/4/2013 11:36:25 AM
rhys855 posted...
welkin_g posted...

Ike just has worry about his slight lack of speed which is resolved with the speed wings you get.

The same treatment can be given to other units lacking in stats, like giving Power Drops to Marcia and the Speedwings to Jill.
---
It's about badass o'clock! And we're right on time!
-- MemphisMastermind
#60welkin_gPosted 11/4/2013 12:22:28 PM
rhys855 posted...

So Ike is better than Mia for the first half of Part 3. At that time he's about the same as Gatrie and Titania, then Haar joins just as he surpasses those two. Then late Part 3 Mia catches up and is doing a reasonable Ike-impersonation, though not quite as good.

What I'm saying is, Ike in RD is a very good unit, but he's far from the most broken in all FE games ever, or even in RD. He just happens to be in Smash and gets a lot of exposure.