My game is glitched.

#1Is_CorruptedPosted 11/11/2013 1:40:40 PM
I got Fire Emblem: Awakening the other day for a dollar, yet I feel ripped off. I didn't think it possible, but it is what it is. My game has so many major glitches. :/

-Some weird glitch, probably due to a character sprite/model height digit getting mixed up, has cut off the feet of all the characters. It's horrible.

-I think my copy may be hacked. Looks like the hacker took all the good level design out of the game and replaced it with "fight zombies in randomly placed forest tiles."

-The dialogue seems to be unchanged, but all the voice acting is glitchy as hell. Instead of saying their whole lines, the characters just do some weird groans or say one short sentence that isn't AT ALL what they are saying in the text boxes.

These are only some of the glitches I've encountered in game. There are more, but I don't think I need to list them for you to know how messed up my game is. ._. Did this happen to anyone else? Has IS released a patch for this?
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#2TwilightRaverPosted 11/11/2013 1:42:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3FullMetalBoxPosted 11/11/2013 1:43:11 PM
yes
---
3DS FC:3136-7029-5128 Name:Ralph
jellyfish is helping yes
#4Is_Corrupted(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:44:05 PM
TwilightRaver posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

http://media.tumblr.com/9439f05487a230f56a9c543ef00f8ae5/tumblr_inline_mvv2xdyHb51qjvb2f.png
Wow, looks like I'm not the only one after all. How do you guys even play this?
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#5Sea_WyvernPosted 11/11/2013 2:17:17 PM
Nice one. Not.

...Can't players have a little more tolerance? Seriously, the feet thing is so old I'm THIS close to resorting to shameless trolling the next time I see a topic dealing on it (to prevent getting modded, I obviously won't).
---
It's about badass o'clock! And we're right on time!
-- MemphisMastermind
#6Strawberry_EggsPosted 11/11/2013 2:31:22 PM
Is anyone else getting a feeling of déjà vu?
---
"Y'know... My Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."
"...What?"
#7S1ppy_cupPosted 11/11/2013 3:00:41 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
Is anyone else getting a feeling of déjà vu?

The same level when "No_no" posting was rampant.
---
Official official of Officialing officials official.
Pokemon Y FC: 1907-8714-8945
#8Is_Corrupted(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 5:22:10 PM
So much salt.
---
#9shiningpikablu252Posted 11/11/2013 7:15:35 PM
Is your game a physical copy, or did you purchase a download code for the digital version? (Yes, I believe there are ways you can buy download codes for digital games from retailers--and I'm sure someone could have secondhanded it to you for a dollar.) If it's physical, then your copy's probably been damaged beyond repair, and you're beyond my help. If it's digital, try this:

1. Go onto the Nintendo eShop.
2. Select "Settings/Other". It should be the farthest-left option on the upper row.
3. Select "Your Downloads".
4. Select the Awakening entry, then hit "Software Info".
5. Select "More Details" from the square options.
6. Select "Repair Software" at the very bottom of the page.
7. Select "OK" on the confirmation screen.
8. Wait until the words "Check Complete" appear on the top screen, then select "OK" on the bottom screen to initiate the repair procedure.
9. Select "Update".
10. The repair procedure will involve a redownload of the software in a "Download Now" environment. Wait patiently.
11. Once the download procedure is finished, you can select "Continue" to continue using the eShop, or hit the Home button to return to the home menu.

The digital software repair feature isn't exactly a well-known feature, so this might be news to more than just you (talking to the topic creator here)...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#10guedesbrawlPosted 11/11/2013 7:40:55 PM
so in other words, it can be said that your game is_corrupted.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto