What is the difference between Lunatic and Lunatic+?

#1k_pflipsenPosted 11/13/2013 8:28:29 PM
Is Lunatic+ a separate difficulty that can only be unlocked after beating the game on Lunatic? Or is it just a new game plus on Lunatic difficulty.

Basically, I'm wondering if after I finish my Hard playthough, if I will have to complete the game again on Lunatic just to unlock the hardest difficulty.
---
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handy
#2welkin_gPosted 11/13/2013 8:36:37 PM
Lunatic is babby difficulty, Lunatic+ is artificial difficulty.
#3VascelaPosted 11/13/2013 8:38:04 PM
Enemy units get skills such as hawkeye (100% accuracy), luna+ (100% Luna), etc, etc.
#4k_pflipsen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:46:41 PM
But do you have to complete the game on Lunatic to unlock Lunatic+? Or can you just play Lunatic+ after completing the game on ANY difficulty?
---
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handy
#5mudkip72Posted 11/13/2013 8:48:05 PM
You must beat Lunatic to get Lunatic+

In addition, if you beat Lunatic Casual, you will only unlock Lunatic+ Casual. You need to beat Lunatic Classic to get both Casual and Classic Luna+.
#6Airship_CanonPosted 11/13/2013 8:52:28 PM
welkin_g posted...
Lunatic is babby difficulty, Lunatic+ is artificial difficulty.

You officially have lost all credibility forever.

Anyways:
It's a higher difficulty mode.

It's the stats/weapons/ED/bonuses of Lunatic with [Non-recruitible (EXCEPT Lucy, but she's a special case)] enemies getting two of the following skills, randomly assigned, in addition to their class skills:
Counter*
Pass
Vantage+ - User always attacks first. [Only activates on Player Phase, so if a Vantage+ unit attacks a Vantage Unit, the Vantage takes priority]
Luna+ - User always activates Luna.
Hawkeye - User cannot miss.
Pavise+* - User always activates Pavise.
Aegis+* - User always activates Aegis.

(Skills marked with * do not appear in Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2)
---
Do you Remember these Mechanized Memories? For the Spirit of the Mother Will Comes Again.
#7k_pflipsen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:54:18 PM
mudkip72 posted...
You must beat Lunatic to get Lunatic+

In addition, if you beat Lunatic Casual, you will only unlock Lunatic+ Casual. You need to beat Lunatic Classic to get both Casual and Classic Luna+.

OK thanks!
---
#8Sea_WyvernPosted 11/13/2013 8:59:47 PM
Lunatic+ is Lunatic plus the enemies have exclusive access to extremely broken skills.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

At the very bottom of that link is a list of the enemy-only skills. The most broken combination possible is Hawkeye and Luna+, which means guaranteed 100% accurate Lunas to the face.

What's more, distribution of these skills is completely random amongst the enemies. You could end up barely seeing any of the skills on the enemies or facing a full contingent of Hawkeye and Luna+ enemies. As aptly put in the TvTropes page for this game, success in Lunatic+ is dependant on how many enemies with Hawkeye and Luna+ the game decides to throw at you.

Meaning this is even more of a reset-friendly game than Lunatic in its early stages. A lot of people don't even consider Lunatic+ a legitimate difficulty setting when everything is stacked so unfairly against you.
---
It's about badass o'clock! And we're right on time!
-- MemphisMastermind
#9KarsticlesPosted 11/13/2013 10:32:57 PM
Does Lunatic+ let you carry over stats from a previous game? I'd hate to lose all my hard work on my characters...
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#10TwilightRaverPosted 11/13/2013 11:15:20 PM
Nope.
---
Finding the way to the dawn. Liberate this guilty conscience and clear my name.
- 3DS FC: 0447 - 5910 - 1026.-