is astra supposed to be good?

#1Danger_ClosePosted 11/16/2013 5:45:06 PM
what proc should i be aiming for on my characters?
---
A Lodestar's a Lodestar, but the Care Package could be anything! It could even be a Lodestar! You know how much we've wanted one of those!
#2Misha-HeartPosted 11/16/2013 6:02:13 PM
Luna. It adds more damage, has a good proc rate and is easy to obtain for each character.

Sol doesn't heal you that much unless you're overleveled and relying on skill% to keep you alive on Enemy Phase is bad.
Vengeance needs Vantage to be great.
Astra is terrible against high defense enemies.
Lethality has basically non-existent proc rate and you could already be killing enemies even if you could raise the proc rate to its highest.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#3Airship_CanonPosted 11/16/2013 6:35:56 PM
Sol sucks. It's an alright proc if its the only thing you've got, but:
1. In game its proc rate is not good enough to keep you up.
2. Post game you either kill everything anyways or Sol is doing nothing. No middle ground.
3. Sol interferes with other procs and makes you worse.

Luna's the most common and useful.
Ignis is a rare, inferior, Luna. It's not worth using on anyone besides MU and maybe Morgan.

Astra is about as good as Luna during a proc.
It's better than RFK for Inigo, but that's about it.

Vengeance if you've got Vantage access, and/or can reasonably control incoming damage.

Aether is the strongest non-Lethality proc, but it's rare, and doesn't have the best proc rate in the world. If you have it, though, and realize it's not a standalone, but instead a Synergy skill [use it with Luna!] it's amazing. But it's rare.
---
Do you Remember these Mechanized Memories? For the Spirit of the Mother Will Comes Again.
#4Danger_Close(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 7:04:40 PM
cool. i'm glad luna is the best because i already have it on most of the people i use. i also never considered combining aether with luna before. if i do that, i should also put rightful king on as well, right?
---
A Lodestar's a Lodestar, but the Care Package could be anything! It could even be a Lodestar! You know how much we've wanted one of those!
#5RunesamuraiPosted 11/16/2013 7:19:13 PM
And you'll wanna make sure that you don't ever use it on any enemies who have Counter.
---
Will it be tears or blood you weep first? - Navarre Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon