Just beat it for the first time and I feel wrong... *spoilers*

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Just beat it for the first time and I feel wrong... *spoilers*
2 years ago#1
*Just a note, I have played Fire Emblem games on the GBA and the gamecube version but I have never finished them. Also, long post about my experience*

First time playing I started Hard Classic. I started to get my ass whooped when I wanted to try to get the kids as soon as they were available. Granted I did not worry about knowing the best way of breeding the stats on the kids as I just cared for the story between the characters. After a while I kept always losing characters on certain missions. I felt like I should grab them before sailing over to the other country.

So, I started over as normal and casual. After getting the kids easily and learning more about class changes and promotions I felt like the game was to easy. I also found out that the Avatar could class change to anything and I wanted to be a Swordmaster instead of a magic user. That I have have been getting SOOO much money from Reeking boxes since they cost only 1k of gold on Normal.

So, I stared over, yet again, back to Hard Classic. Seeing how I understood more of the game and the leveling process I felt like I could do better then my first game. Changed my character to a Myrmidon (or however it's spelt.) and for some reason he just... kicked ass. His rating was so freaking high. No one could touch him most of the game. I guess I got lucky in the leveling process.

I also went and bought characters from the wireless feature. First one I got was Malice. I wanted a Mercenary, but I didn't want to level Gregor. She was pretty good, not to over leveled and the price was about right since it's hard to get a good amount of gold in the beginning. Then I found out that I could buy the Black Knight from the gamecube version. Since I <3 him I went to pick him up as my tank. That dude had 200 Rating out of the get go and costed me 20k... but it was so worth it. Still, I felt a bit cheatish to me; but I wasn't complaining ^.^

After a bit I decided to go ahead and try to get every character before going for the kids this time. But I ended up using my Avatar Swordmaster and the Black Knight the most. Since they could just go in and wreck EVERYTHING. Some missions I just picked them and had Crom stay in a spot where he would not die.

I did wanted to level up some of the characters because I found out about Kids inheriting skills. I didn't care about the stats but I thought it was a good idea to leveling some of them up. After using the wireless feature over and over to summon challenges *Reeking boxes were so to expensive >.<* I decided screw it and got the EXP dlc to help the grind a bit. Granted I am not to mad at it since I did lost a couple of characters due to counter and forgetting to save every time I went in. I never leveled the avatar or the Black Knight; just characters to grab skills.

After a bit I wanted to get back in because I heard I could get Tiki on the team. So I went though the entire game with just the Avatar and Black Knight. Granted I had no idea she was a extra map :P so when her map showed up I thought it was another child map.

So I beat the game easily with the two characters. Only issues I had was with the last boss due to his healing and high hp, but a little weapon switching with the Avatar and the Black Knight I easily got though it.

ENJOYED THE HELL OUT OF THE GAME! I felt a bit dirty for using Black Knight and the EXP DLC. But I didn't feel that dirty about it; just a little. Either way I am going back to grab Tiki and releveling my characters. Changing the Avatar to Merc/hero so I can get Sol and Black Knight to Grand Knight. Then I am leveling all the characters to 200 rating before I start grabing the kids and start the extra maps.

Plan on playing again as a female for more dating fun! <3 <3 <3
---
3DS FC: 3411-1516-5741
My Pokemon Safari: (Fire) Growlithe, Charmeleon , and Ninetails
2 years ago#2
Glad to see you enjoyed it.
---
<o.o< >o.o> ^o.o^ <o.o< >o.o> ^o.o^
2 years ago#3
Well, most Fire Emblems (and many other SRPGs for that matter) become easy when you concentrate on a few characters. It was a conscious choice on your part. But hey, if you enjoy the game that way, who am I to judge? It's a video game after all; you're suppose to have fun with it. :)
---
"Y'know... My Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."
"...What?"
2 years ago#4
That is so true Strawberry... Until you play XCOM and do a Impossible/Ironman run where there is no way in hell to save scum ya way out of that when ya mess up...
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
2 years ago#5
I did say "many" not "all" or even "most." I choose my words carefully, or I try to anyway.
---
"Y'know... My Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."
"...What?"
2 years ago#6
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
Well, most Fire Emblems (and many other SRPGs for that matter) become easy when you concentrate on a few characters. It was a conscious choice on your part. But hey, if you enjoy the game that way, who am I to judge? It's a video game after all; you're suppose to have fun with it. :)

Totally agree. The most important part of a game is having fun and enjoying it.
2 years ago#7
I remember my cousin ditched everyone and recruited the Greil Mercenaries and the Dawn Brigade.
They DO have great balance though, except it's filled with so many sword users.
---
Divine Dragon's Blood is back in stock.
2 years ago#8
How do you have fun without the gaming rusting your jimmies here and there?
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
2 years ago#9
Well if it was still an enjoyable game, then it probably didn't feel too bad. Also, I like your username TC.
---
"Oh, is this a bad time? I hope I'm not interrupting anything...OR AM I?!"- Dan Smith
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Just beat it for the first time and I feel wrong... *spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived