Just beat it for the first time and I feel wrong... *spoilers*

#1Rip_Van_WinkleXPosted 11/23/2013 4:22:58 AM
*Just a note, I have played Fire Emblem games on the GBA and the gamecube version but I have never finished them. Also, long post about my experience*

First time playing I started Hard Classic. I started to get my ass whooped when I wanted to try to get the kids as soon as they were available. Granted I did not worry about knowing the best way of breeding the stats on the kids as I just cared for the story between the characters. After a while I kept always losing characters on certain missions. I felt like I should grab them before sailing over to the other country.

So, I started over as normal and casual. After getting the kids easily and learning more about class changes and promotions I felt like the game was to easy. I also found out that the Avatar could class change to anything and I wanted to be a Swordmaster instead of a magic user. That I have have been getting SOOO much money from Reeking boxes since they cost only 1k of gold on Normal.

So, I stared over, yet again, back to Hard Classic. Seeing how I understood more of the game and the leveling process I felt like I could do better then my first game. Changed my character to a Myrmidon (or however it's spelt.) and for some reason he just... kicked ass. His rating was so freaking high. No one could touch him most of the game. I guess I got lucky in the leveling process.

I also went and bought characters from the wireless feature. First one I got was Malice. I wanted a Mercenary, but I didn't want to level Gregor. She was pretty good, not to over leveled and the price was about right since it's hard to get a good amount of gold in the beginning. Then I found out that I could buy the Black Knight from the gamecube version. Since I <3 him I went to pick him up as my tank. That dude had 200 Rating out of the get go and costed me 20k... but it was so worth it. Still, I felt a bit cheatish to me; but I wasn't complaining ^.^

After a bit I decided to go ahead and try to get every character before going for the kids this time. But I ended up using my Avatar Swordmaster and the Black Knight the most. Since they could just go in and wreck EVERYTHING. Some missions I just picked them and had Crom stay in a spot where he would not die.

I did wanted to level up some of the characters because I found out about Kids inheriting skills. I didn't care about the stats but I thought it was a good idea to leveling some of them up. After using the wireless feature over and over to summon challenges *Reeking boxes were so to expensive >.<* I decided screw it and got the EXP dlc to help the grind a bit. Granted I am not to mad at it since I did lost a couple of characters due to counter and forgetting to save every time I went in. I never leveled the avatar or the Black Knight; just characters to grab skills.

After a bit I wanted to get back in because I heard I could get Tiki on the team. So I went though the entire game with just the Avatar and Black Knight. Granted I had no idea she was a extra map :P so when her map showed up I thought it was another child map.

So I beat the game easily with the two characters. Only issues I had was with the last boss due to his healing and high hp, but a little weapon switching with the Avatar and the Black Knight I easily got though it.

ENJOYED THE HELL OUT OF THE GAME! I felt a bit dirty for using Black Knight and the EXP DLC. But I didn't feel that dirty about it; just a little. Either way I am going back to grab Tiki and releveling my characters. Changing the Avatar to Merc/hero so I can get Sol and Black Knight to Grand Knight. Then I am leveling all the characters to 200 rating before I start grabing the kids and start the extra maps.

Plan on playing again as a female for more dating fun! <3 <3 <3
---
3DS FC: 3411-1516-5741
My Pokemon Safari: (Fire) Growlithe, Charmeleon , and Ninetails
#2Blademaster_AioPosted 11/23/2013 5:33:31 AM
Glad to see you enjoyed it.
---
<o.o< >o.o> ^o.o^ <o.o< >o.o> ^o.o^
#3Strawberry_EggsPosted 11/23/2013 8:00:39 AM
Well, most Fire Emblems (and many other SRPGs for that matter) become easy when you concentrate on a few characters. It was a conscious choice on your part. But hey, if you enjoy the game that way, who am I to judge? It's a video game after all; you're suppose to have fun with it. :)
---
"Y'know... My Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."
"...What?"
#4HonzouPosted 11/23/2013 8:19:41 AM
That is so true Strawberry... Until you play XCOM and do a Impossible/Ironman run where there is no way in hell to save scum ya way out of that when ya mess up...
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#5Strawberry_EggsPosted 11/23/2013 8:26:11 AM
I did say "many" not "all" or even "most." I choose my words carefully, or I try to anyway.
---
"Y'know... My Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."
"...What?"
#6AngelPeachPosted 11/23/2013 11:52:10 AM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
Well, most Fire Emblems (and many other SRPGs for that matter) become easy when you concentrate on a few characters. It was a conscious choice on your part. But hey, if you enjoy the game that way, who am I to judge? It's a video game after all; you're suppose to have fun with it. :)

Totally agree. The most important part of a game is having fun and enjoying it.
#7davidledsmaPosted 11/23/2013 12:14:20 PM
I remember my cousin ditched everyone and recruited the Greil Mercenaries and the Dawn Brigade.
They DO have great balance though, except it's filled with so many sword users.
---
Divine Dragon's Blood is back in stock.
#8katellaPosted 11/23/2013 12:22:41 PM
How do you have fun without the gaming rusting your jimmies here and there?
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
#9SwordMasterEXPosted 11/23/2013 2:04:40 PM
Well if it was still an enjoyable game, then it probably didn't feel too bad. Also, I like your username TC.
---
"Oh, is this a bad time? I hope I'm not interrupting anything...OR AM I?!"- Dan Smith