Is it strange to have your Avatar the opposite gender of yourself?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Is it strange to have your Avatar the opposite gender of yourself?

User Info: 8Panda

8Panda
3 years ago#1
I would think so, I mean with units marrying each other and everything. What are your thoughts?
3DS FC: 2277 - 7535 - 7800

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 years ago#2
FeMU and male Morgan are outright superior from a gameplay standpoint, so no, no it's not
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#3
Its a shame I cannot use female morgan as Femu :\ that is a bit of a sacrifice. And no its not strange at all.
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "

User Info: AngelPeach

AngelPeach
3 years ago#4
No, it's not strange. I've done it before, and intend to do so again.

User Info: Externica

Externica
3 years ago#5
It was a bit odd when Chrom confessed his love to my female Avatar.
But other than that? No, not really. I'm usally playing a female character when given a choice.

User Info: azn_boy150

azn_boy150
3 years ago#6
Endgame posted...
FeMU and male Morgan are outright superior from a gameplay standpoint, so no, no it's not
Proud graduate from the University of Topic Derailing
"This is the one time I've ever lost an argument."-Westbrick, to me.

User Info: davidledsma

davidledsma
3 years ago#7
Externica posted...
It was a bit odd when Chrom confessed his love to my female Avatar.
But other than that? No, not really. I'm usally playing a female character when given a choice.

Pretty much this. Besides the confession to you and the Barracks, it isn't too weird.
Divine Dragon's Blood is back in stock.

User Info: Strawberry_Eggs

Strawberry_Eggs
3 years ago#8
Granted, I haven't gotten very far in my male Avatar playthrough, but I don't view him/her as myself. The Avatar has enough of a background and personality that I see her as his own persona, just lacking a definite appearance, name, and gender. Playing as a male Avatar is no different than playing a video game with a playable male character in a major role.
"Y'know... My Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."
"...What?"

User Info: 8Panda

8Panda
3 years ago#9
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
Granted, I haven't gotten very far in my male Avatar playthrough, but I don't view him/her as myself. The Avatar has enough of a background and personality that I see her as his own persona, just lacking a definite appearance, name, and gender. Playing as a male Avatar is no different than playing a video game with a playable male character in a major role.

I view my avatar as myself (-.-)
3DS FC: 2277 - 7535 - 7800

User Info: Jariu

Jariu
3 years ago#10
Why should i?
The Avatar as this game likes to call it isn't a self insert at all anyways, hell the only reason change it's name and appearance is because streetpass.
The Ja in the name is pronounced as Ha FYI.
Monster Hunter should just be called rule of cool: the series, and that's why you love it.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Is it strange to have your Avatar the opposite gender of yourself?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived