Is it strange to have your Avatar the opposite gender of yourself?

#18PandaPosted 11/23/2013 11:14:30 AM
I would think so, I mean with units marrying each other and everything. What are your thoughts?
---
3DS FC: 2277 - 7535 - 7800
#2EndgamePosted 11/23/2013 11:20:50 AM
FeMU and male Morgan are outright superior from a gameplay standpoint, so no, no it's not
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#3JarickoPosted 11/23/2013 11:37:16 AM
Its a shame I cannot use female morgan as Femu :\ that is a bit of a sacrifice. And no its not strange at all.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#4AngelPeachPosted 11/23/2013 11:49:22 AM
No, it's not strange. I've done it before, and intend to do so again.
#5ExternicaPosted 11/23/2013 12:40:43 PM
It was a bit odd when Chrom confessed his love to my female Avatar.
But other than that? No, not really. I'm usally playing a female character when given a choice.
#6azn_boy150Posted 11/23/2013 12:41:38 PM
Endgame posted...
FeMU and male Morgan are outright superior from a gameplay standpoint, so no, no it's not

---
Proud graduate from the University of Topic Derailing
"This is the one time I've ever lost an argument."-Westbrick, to me.
#7davidledsmaPosted 11/23/2013 12:42:44 PM
Externica posted...
It was a bit odd when Chrom confessed his love to my female Avatar.
But other than that? No, not really. I'm usally playing a female character when given a choice.

Pretty much this. Besides the confession to you and the Barracks, it isn't too weird.
---
Divine Dragon's Blood is back in stock.
#8Strawberry_EggsPosted 11/23/2013 1:45:58 PM
Granted, I haven't gotten very far in my male Avatar playthrough, but I don't view him/her as myself. The Avatar has enough of a background and personality that I see her as his own persona, just lacking a definite appearance, name, and gender. Playing as a male Avatar is no different than playing a video game with a playable male character in a major role.
---
"Y'know... My Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."
"...What?"
#98Panda(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 1:55:13 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
Granted, I haven't gotten very far in my male Avatar playthrough, but I don't view him/her as myself. The Avatar has enough of a background and personality that I see her as his own persona, just lacking a definite appearance, name, and gender. Playing as a male Avatar is no different than playing a video game with a playable male character in a major role.

I view my avatar as myself (-.-)
---
3DS FC: 2277 - 7535 - 7800
#10JariuPosted 11/23/2013 1:57:11 PM
Why should i?
The Avatar as this game likes to call it isn't a self insert at all anyways, hell the only reason change it's name and appearance is because streetpass.
---
The Ja in the name is pronounced as Ha FYI.
Monster Hunter should just be called rule of cool: the series, and that's why you love it.