Weakling run

#1Gamecube_GamerPosted 11/23/2013 11:23:35 AM
How it works:

-Classic mode only, level at Hard or above
-In each map, after you can start choosing who to take, you choose only the characters with the lowest ratings (since the rating is all their stats added together).
-If you have to take a certain character that does not follow these rules, he or she must stay out of range and not participate in the fight, nor can you pair them up. If the character that you need to take can heal, they may not do so. They can only be moved if needed to stay out of enemy range.
-If possible, every available slot must have a character
-Pairing up is allowed, as long as none of the characters in the pair up break the rules
-Playing paralogues is allowed, but are subject to the same rules
-You can buy and sell weapons to your hearts content, but forging is not allowed
-If someone falls in battle, they stay dead.
-No bonus items, DLC, or grinding is allowed
-If there is someone to save, you must make an effort to save them. You can not use them as pawns, a distraction, or anything of that nature.
-If characters join you in a chapter, they may be used (even if they break the rules) until the end of the chapter)

Any questions/suggestions/problems/game breaking stuff that didn't occur to me?
---
Dark Knight MirielxSorcerer MU
Alone, they are strong. Together, they are unstoppable.
#2katellaPosted 11/23/2013 11:28:07 AM
MU, Nosferatu/Aversa's Night, Sol.
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
#3davidledsmaPosted 11/23/2013 11:29:31 AM
katella posted...
MU, Nosferatu/Aversa's Night, Sol.

Though you'd have to ditch MU because s/he is actually stronger than Lissa.
---
Divine Dragon's Blood is back in stock.
#4mudkip72Posted 11/23/2013 1:05:16 PM(edited)
Abuse MU.
Allow all other characters to die so that MU is still technically the 2nd weakest character behind Chrom.

To make this harder, you should make it Casual mode IMO, or at least impose strict limits on character deaths. That way you are forced to keep using the weakest characters and it may actually become a challenge to protect Chrom.
#5Airship_CanonPosted 11/23/2013 1:30:03 PM
Classic/Ironman makes it easier.
Casual Mode actually is more conductive to this challenge.
---
Do you Remember these Mechanized Memories? For the Spirit of the Mother Will Comes Again.
#6Gamecube_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 10:06:20 PM
Okay, it's now going to be casual mode only, and the ones that fall are not considered dead. Sadly, I can't edit the OP, so this will have to do.
---
#7katellaPosted 11/24/2013 12:14:10 AM
Gamecube_Gamer posted...
Okay, it's now going to be casual mode only, and the ones that fall are not considered dead. Sadly, I can't edit the OP, so this will have to do.

MU/Nosferatu/Sol??????
---
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
#8dwdwdw6Posted 11/24/2013 4:23:43 AM
katella posted...
Gamecube_Gamer posted...

MU/Nosferatu/Sol??????

Somebody feed it.
#9Airship_CanonPosted 11/24/2013 5:31:49 AM
katella posted...
Gamecube_Gamer posted...

MU/Nosferatu/Sol??????

All of those are irrelevant for this run.
1. It's a main game run, so Sol will not have a reliable enough proc rate- it'd be on PoR/GotHW/Thracia 776 levels. [Relying on it at all will accomplish getting you killed.]
2. Nosferatu is not all powerful without the snowball effect that goes with it.
3. MU will wind up getting benched frequently. The way a run like this would work you'd wind up using every character with a near random [due to growths] selection. Under casual mode, there's no way to abuse MU, or any character for that matter, save for Chrom, who isn't exactly abuse-able.
---
Do you Remember these Mechanized Memories? For the Spirit of the Mother Will Comes Again.
#10Gamecube_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 10:07:49 AM
New rule:
-No taking items in or out of storage unless forced.

This rule was put in place after someone informed me that Panne and Nowi have a lower rating without their stones, since the rating factors in stat bonuses. So this way, if you use that loophole to use the character as a Tangul or Manateke, they'll be completely unarmed.
---