This game is hard

#11VascelaPosted 12/2/2013 11:37:04 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
In previous games, pairing up reduced stats? So the only point was to ferry units across long distances?

Mainly, yes. but you could also save a dying unit. The "lead unit" picks up the "support unit." Pair up is pretty much reverse rescue.
#12Anthoba32Posted 12/2/2013 11:56:31 PM
This game is ALL about pairing up, those bonuses and support in combat is a significant point in this game.
---
3DS FC: 4768-7468-5394 (Electric Type)
Just PM me and I will add you.
#13dwdwdw6Posted 12/3/2013 4:39:33 AM
Use lots of pair-up bro. Hard is almost impossible without it.
#14EndgamePosted 12/3/2013 9:12:18 AM
I played the original fire emblem ~10 years ago and I don't remember it being nearly as difficult.

you remember wrong, because Blazing Sword was actually difficult for newcomers to the series, while Awakening is dumbed down to the point where Rush Limbaugh listeners can beat it with ease

-Pair Up
-Nosferatu

all you need to know
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#15VascelaPosted 12/3/2013 9:26:07 AM
Endgame posted...
I played the original fire emblem ~10 years ago and I don't remember it being nearly as difficult.

you remember wrong, because Blazing Sword was actually difficult for newcomers to the series, while Awakening is dumbed down to the point where Rush Limbaugh listeners can beat it with ease

-Pair Up
-Nosferatu

all you need to know

It's almost as if different people find different things difficult.

It's not like everyone thought "wow, a mediocre tome locked to a previously not-so-great class is obviously the easiest way to handle the game!"
#16GalwenPosted 12/3/2013 9:55:05 AM(edited)
Endgame posted...

-Pair Up
-Nosferatu

all you need to know

It was so hard to chuck Marcus, other prepromotes, and various mounts at enemies.
#17raze200Posted 12/7/2013 12:18:38 PM
katella posted...
Stop sucking

dude seriously???
---
I herd you liked sol and ya liked luna so I put yer sol in yer luna!
#18kacavelikiPosted 12/7/2013 12:27:18 PM
Galwen posted...
Endgame posted...

-Pair Up
-Nosferatu

all you need to know

It was so hard to chuck Marcus, other prepromotes, and various mounts at enemies.

chapter 1 was notoriously difficult on hard mode,marcus can only weaken the enemies,alan and lance can take only 2 hits from axe users who have 48% hit vs them,roy and the knight also die in 2 hits and the archer is useless. Also chapter 7 <.<