Hardest FE game in your opinion?

#11welkin_gPosted 12/27/2013 7:35:16 AM
Based on my impressions FE9 maniac has the most ridiculous enemy stats/density. FE12 lunatic enemies seemed the toughest.

Lunatic+ is atrocious game design and can't seriously be called a difficulty mode.
#12Majora787Posted 12/27/2013 9:09:09 AM
In my opinion, Radiant Dawn was the hardest simply because of how many of the units were bad. But by the end of the game, I had some really overpowered units that shredded basically everything.

Alternatively, FE7 was the hardest to play because of how terrible it was in nearly every way.
---
I'd take Other M over Super Metroid, Skyward Sword over OoT, FE11 over FE7, and fresh molten crap smeared all over my face over Persona 2. Come at me.
#13L0rdCrumpPosted 12/27/2013 9:21:37 AM
I don't even remember or play normal modes, unless it has one difficulty at the beginning.

FE6 had high throne bonuses where only a few units could hit or damage bosses. But axe users in that game can't even hit you. The chapters start off harder and longer than FE7.

FE10 normal mode is basically the hard mode. Part 1 is pretty hard. I'm replaying it and part 2 and half of part 3 so far have been easy. I imported my save data, so most of the Greil mercanaries max 2-3 stats a few levels in.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#14TaiphlosionPosted 12/27/2013 6:00:13 PM(edited)
Skatz95 posted...
FE6. tutorial blows, difficulty spikes in the fourth level, with a recruit having a high critical stat and killing edge.

FE6 isn't that hard. It isn't that hard at all. I'd actually say that if you slow down a little (except in the maps you can't, obviously) Its hard mode is easier than HHM.
Chapter 21, which is the hardest in the game can't even compare to HHM's CoD, for example.
And recruiting rutger isn't hard, considering clarine has a higher move, and the enemy won't attack her on that chapter.
---
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets and on TV.
#15VascelaPosted 12/27/2013 6:02:55 PM
Taiphlosion posted...
Skatz95 posted...
FE6. tutorial blows, difficulty spikes in the fourth level, with a recruit having a high critical stat and killing edge.

FE6 isn't that hard. It isn't that hard at all. I'd actually say that if you slow down a little (except in the maps you can't, obviously) Its hard mode is easier than HHM.
Chapter 21, which is the hardest in the game can't even compare to HHM's CoD, for example.
And recruiting rutger isn't hard, considering clarine has a higher move, and the enemy won't attack her on that chapter.

I thought battle before dawn was harder than cod. I dunno if I rank HHM harder than FE6 HM. Both had ups and downs.
#16ganstamaoriPosted 12/28/2013 2:52:48 AM
Fire Emblem 5: Thracia 776. That one caused me grief, although it is satisfying to finish. A very annoying character to recruit later on if you are playing to recruit everyone, not to mention the difficulty you run into with money and weapons.

Fire Emblem 6 is not too bad. The only major problem is chapter 16 if you are trying to unlock 16x to get the complete ending, as you have to leave that enemy unit alive while he tries to kill you. Not too hard in the grand scheme of things, but a huge pain if he kills one of your characters. The game is a solid challenge, but not unduly difficult like Thracia 776, with its bloody numerous status staffs with huuuuge range.
---
Sansa backed away from him. "You're awful".
"I'm honest. Its the world thats awful."