Timeline confusion (this topic has every major spoiler in the game, unmarked)

#1pokemonfreak97Posted 12/29/2013 8:47:05 PM
So, I'm somewhat confused about the timeline after playing through the game once. Before Chapter 6, during the cutscene, Lucina implies that Chrom would've died in the original timeline if she hadn't saved him. But later there's the whole plot element about how she knows that you're going to kill him. How did you kill him if the Grimleal assassins at Chapter 6 killed him?

Next, you can marry, say, Lucina and the (male) Avatar. This means that Morgan will:

A) Remember his father but not his mother. This is minor, but it's there.

B) Have a mother who didn't exist in his timeline.

So, those are my two major timeline questions. But, since the title said every major spoiler, Emmeryn is forced to kill herself by jumping off the pillar, you're actually Grima, and if you sacrifice yourself to kill Grima, you don't die.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#2mudkip72Posted 12/29/2013 9:02:20 PM(edited)
Lucina later says that Chrom was seriously wounded by the assassin, not killed, which prevented him from protecting Emmeryn and causing other issues with the war against Plegia.

And Morgan is from a different timeline from the other children entirely.
#3Strawberry_EggsPosted 12/29/2013 9:02:33 PM
Lucina wasn't certain that the Avatar is her father's murderer:

Lucina: I was not certain myself, until now... I knew he had been killed by his closest friend. Having witnessed your bond with him, I doubted it could be so... But today's events make it clear. You are at Validar's mercy. I suspect it's he who forces you to take my father's life, and very soon...

As for the assassin in chapter 6, he wasn't suppose to have killed Chrom, but instead injure him greatly. It would have prevented him from saving Emmeryn and hinder him during the following wars with Plegia and Valm.

As for the case of Morgan's mother if the Avatar marries Lucina (or a any other second generation female, then there's male Morgan and the Avatar marrying a second generation male), she may be from a timeline that's a future version of the game's timeline. The Future Past DLC has some interesting implications, but it makes less sense with the Avatar marrying a second generation character.
---
Why you are here is a profound mystery indeed.
#4pokemonfreak97(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 9:51:45 PM
OK, I get the thing about how Chrom didn't die to the assassin. But I just used Morgan as an example; if, say, some male future-kid marries Sumia, then who is playable-Cynthia's father in the original timeline?
---
Generation (pi)(i).
#5DlordflashPosted 12/29/2013 9:54:38 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
OK, I get the thing about how Chrom didn't die to the assassin. But I just used Morgan as an example; if, say, some male future-kid marries Sumia, then who is playable-Cynthia's father in the original timeline?

2nd gen children can't marry 1st gen, the avatar is the only exception, its 1st gen to 1st gen or 2nd gen to 2nd gen only
---
3DS FC: 4897-6258-8667
#6pokemonfreak97(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 9:58:47 PM
Dlordflash posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...

2nd gen children can't marry 1st gen, the avatar is the only exception, its 1st gen to 1st gen or 2nd gen to 2nd gen only

Oh. Probably should've checked that first.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
#7ClaudeZeroPosted 12/30/2013 2:03:08 AM
what makes me confused is Morgan's siblings if Avatar marrying someone (except maybe Chrom), it looks like Morgan and his/her sibling comes from the same timeline and then about how the parent ask about if they come with Lucina, lol in this case, there supposed to be either 2 Lucinas from different future timeline OR 2 Morgans, each from different timelines

argh my poor brain..

now that's a.. what do they say it in english? Plot hole?
---
PSN : Claude251193, currently waiting : GE 2, Ys : Memories of Celceta,
FC : 3067-5895-7578 ,Safari : haven't checked yet
#8Strawberry_EggsPosted 12/30/2013 6:45:41 AM
Well, Morgan is suppose to be an enigma. With all of his/her potential origins, parents, and siblings, it makes a lot of sense that the kid is kept a mystery. Morgan likely has different origins depending on her/his parentage.

There is the matter of (DLC SPOILERS) Female Morgan's Hot-Spring Scramble conversation with Cynthia, wherein she has two identical annotated strategy books and the Future Past. The Future Past may explain Morgan's origin if s/he's the result of the Avatar pairing with a first generation character, but if the Avatar marries a second generation character, we're back to square one. None of the second generation characters look old enough to have a child as old as Morgan.

There's also the matter of both Morgan being in future past. Maybe Grima pulled one or even both of them out of yet another universe to serve it. The Future Past raises some interesting questions, but it barely answers any concerning Morgan.

---
Why you are here is a profound mystery indeed.