Which Fire Emblem Game should I play next?

#11smashman92Posted 1/13/2014 4:50:25 PM
PoR or RD are the best ones, but from that list, FE7
---
Charizard for SSBU
Friend Safari: Grass Type: Sunkern,Petilil,and Quilladin
#12BloodlustSwedenPosted 1/15/2014 3:33:22 PM
deadpool848 posted...
So FE: Awakening was my first FE game and I loved it, was wondering which game should I move to next in the series? These are the ones I have access too.

You should probably have started with an older game because of game mechanics and such, but anyway i'd have to say FE:SacredStones since it's the only other FE i've played. It's great, though you might be a bit put off at first that you can't pair up units.
---
Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! *Manical laughter*
#13SegavsCapcomPosted 1/15/2014 5:06:42 PM
Shadow Dragon is awful.

Sacred Stones is easier than most FEs, but is still pretty darn good.

FE7 is harder than Stones and Awakening but is arguably better.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#14Flamingace18Posted 1/15/2014 5:10:47 PM
Fire Emblem (7) is one of the best in the series. Good length, characters, and balance all while maintaining a decent challenge that is fun.

Sacred Stones probably has the best characters in the series next to Path of Radiance but is short and incredibly easy.

Shadow Dragon is a piss poor remake that honestly gets bashed a little to much. It is still a fun game and can be absolutely unforgiving on the higher difficulty and has a lot of back story to Awakening and will help you understand a lot of the references in this game.

I would go with the GBA games first just because of their rarity and then play Shadow Dragon.
---
Oklahoma City Thunder, Texas Rangers, St Louis Rams, and Oklahoma Sooners fan. Yea it's been rough for me with championships.
#15Majora787Posted 1/15/2014 5:25:57 PM
Flamingace18 posted...
Fire Emblem (7) is one of the best in the series. Good length, characters, and balance all while maintaining a decent challenge that is fun.

Shadow Dragon is a piss poor remake that honestly gets bashed a little to much. It is still a fun game and can be absolutely unforgiving on the higher difficulty and has a lot of back story to Awakening and will help you understand a lot of the references in this game.

People saying things that are wrong is always funny. I don't have to even say anything about the first thing because of how bad Blazing Sword is with its shoddy plot, cardboard or unlikeable characters, poor map design, and awkwardly haphazard programming. But

The entire reason people bash Shadow Dragon is because it's too GOOD of a remake and isn't a re-imagining of the original NES game. Instead it is largely the original game with highly improved video and audio quality with a couple of new features, removed bugs and bad ideas, and a new interface.

People who bash it to such draconian extents either didn't want a remake of a Fire Emblem game and were disappointed, or don't understand the point of a remake.
---
I'd take Other M over Super Metroid, Skyward Sword over OoT, FE11 over FE7, and fresh molten crap smeared all over my face over Persona 2. Come at me.
#16Flamingace18Posted 1/15/2014 5:36:18 PM
Piss poor remake. What part of they did a crappy job of remaking the game do you not understand? It's not a bad game it's just a crappy remake. They didn't remake like it they should have which is why I said it was a bad remake brah.

....... While Fire Emblem 7 isn't even in my top three FE games of all time, it is definitely better than SD and SS.

It's character and plot aren't shoddy. They're actually pretty decent for a FIRE EMBLEM game. Then again you're obviously trolling.
---
Oklahoma City Thunder, Texas Rangers, St Louis Rams, and Oklahoma Sooners fan. Yea it's been rough for me with championships.