Which of these External Resource Exploits is more beneficial....

#11scigeek101Posted 1/19/2014 1:49:34 PM
Vascela posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Vascela posted...
Theoretically you never need to battle save in the first place

Lunatic+. Battle Saving is the only way to have a Skill Arrangement be saved. Since you pretty much need a no Luna+ arrangement for Chapter 2, which is before the point where you can trivialize the game, and the RNG dictates some target selection [I.E. who the enemies who cannot reach their targets chase] and thus, even with perfect strategy, you can wind up screwed because the Squish has to deal with two enemies at once, and you cannot kite them out, saving the limited Luna+ arrangements is greatly beneficial. [It's on that factor that I'd say Bookmark/Backup is more beneficial than Streetpassing yourself, since it can take pressure off areas where it matters.]

If you're aiming for total completion, L+/Classic and L+/Casual are different modes, so...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you battle save, you also save the RNG layout. All FE games roll the maps' RNs when the map starts. So if you planned on failing it once, you'd reload a god-fated loss.

I'm not sure if it generates a new RNG or not when you reload but, if it doesn't you can always re adjust the rng number by moving your character and then cancelling and then doing it again a couple of times can't you?
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#12Huff n puff 20(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 1:51:22 PM
Vascela posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Vascela posted...

Lunatic+. Battle Saving is the only way to have a Skill Arrangement be saved. Since you pretty much need a no Luna+ arrangement for Chapter 2, which is before the point where you can trivialize the game, and the RNG dictates some target selection [I.E. who the enemies who cannot reach their targets chase] and thus, even with perfect strategy, you can wind up screwed because the Squish has to deal with two enemies at once, and you cannot kite them out, saving the limited Luna+ arrangements is greatly beneficial. [It's on that factor that I'd say Bookmark/Backup is more beneficial than Streetpassing yourself, since it can take pressure off areas where it matters.]

If you're aiming for total completion, L+/Classic and L+/Casual are different modes, so...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you battle save, you also save the RNG layout. All FE games roll the maps' RNs when the map starts. So if you planned on failing it once, you'd reload a god-fated loss.

While yes, Repeating the Same Actions and expecting different results is madness, reloading the Battle Saves does change things if you change orders of actions. A slight change wastes RNs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vSQXpF4.jpg (Cutest Giant Robot ever)
http://i.imgur.com/rc9CO0c.jpg
#13VascelaPosted 1/19/2014 1:59:06 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Vascela posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Vascela posted...

While yes, Repeating the Same Actions and expecting different results is madness, reloading the Battle Saves does change things if you change orders of actions. A slight change wastes RNs.

I don't think you can burn RNs in this game like in the GBA versions, and you only have ~2 opening moves.