Help... 'Think I painted myself into a corner. (maybe SPOILERS)

#1Dash XPosted 1/19/2014 5:08:02 AM
Here's the rundown:

- Chapter 7: Hard, Classic.
- All units (with the exception of Donnel) are level 16~19.
- In the case of Donnel, used my only second seal to reclass him (at level 30 villager) to Merc.
- All of Donnel's hard stats (Str, Spd, Skill, Def, Luck) are capped at level 3
- Chrom has reached level 20
- I only have ONE master seal.

Who do I promote?
How do I prevent maxed characters from "wasting" EXP until I can get them a Master/Second Seal?

Damn you, EXPonential Growth DLC! *Shakes fists in the air.*
---
PSN: DashXero
DD Main Pawn: Olga. Fighter, Level 200. Challenger/Scather. Gone Amazon.
#2I_eat_tablesPosted 1/19/2014 6:05:36 AM
Considering you've already powerlevelled to the point that Donnel could easily solo the rest of the game, I don't think you need to be concerned about wasting EXP.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#3BeatenByBulbaPosted 1/19/2014 6:07:34 AM
Promote avatar, race through to chapter 12 (for unlimited master seals) and 16 (for unlimited second seals) and THEN grind until your heart's content. You will get a few seals from now until then so just promote who you use most.

At least having most of your roster already trained sets you up nicely when you can recruit children.
---
Yo 0232-9045-5416
#4xXEldestXxPosted 1/19/2014 6:08:06 AM
As I recall, you unlock a location that sells master's seals somewhere around chapter 10 - 12.
---
I would not mind you in my head if you were not so clearly mad.
#5RygonPosted 1/19/2014 8:23:54 AM
None of your characters need the experience right now. Waste it all you want until you have the items you need.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#6Mr_BojingoPosted 1/19/2014 10:29:52 AM
I would make sure Chrom is married to whoever you want first before you reach chapter 12 (or was it 13?). For obvious reasons. (protecting my ASSets against the spoiler police). Also, until you clear chapter 12, i would HIGHLY suggest checking each and every Anna that pops up for any potential Master/Second seals. Same goes for Streetpass characters if you have that enabled. And there aren't any spotpass shops that contain seals. So you're only hope until Chapter 12 and 16 is to check Anna and Streetpass shops. The streetpass shops are awesome because they're completely random. And i've gotten quite a few Master/Second seals from those shops until i unlocked chapter 12 and 16.
---
Steam ID: MrBojingo
#7RDS1Posted 1/19/2014 1:38:41 PM
Dash X posted...
Here's the rundown:

- In the case of Donnel, used my only second seal to reclass him (at level 30 villager) to Merc.

Who do I promote?
How do I prevent maxed characters from "wasting" EXP until I can get them a Master/Second Seal?

Damn you, EXPonential Growth DLC!
*Shakes fists in the air.*

...you just admitted that you have easy access to an unlimited amount of EXP. Why should you care if you "waste" a few chapters' worth?
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#8Mr_BojingoPosted 1/19/2014 1:50:27 PM
RDS1 posted...
Dash X posted...
Here's the rundown:

Who do I promote?

Damn you, EXPonential Growth DLC!
*Shakes fists in the air.*

...you just admitted that you have easy access to an unlimited amount of EXP. Why should you care if you "waste" a few chapters' worth?

Unless i'm mistaken, it doesnt state that he has it, he's just damning it. Another way to perceive it is, he could be damning it because he doesnt have access to it, hence having to level his units the normal way and having to be careful with exp. But again, i could be wrong.
---
Steam ID: MrBojingo
#9Bald_MoneyPosted 1/19/2014 1:52:33 PM
I don't get it. There is an unlimited amount of EXP in this game. You do not need to worry about wasting it. You're already at the point where you can easily trample over the next 10 chapters with zero problems, and by then you'll be able to buy master seals straight up.
#10RDS1Posted 1/19/2014 1:57:14 PM
Mr_Bojingo posted...
Unless i'm mistaken, it doesnt state that he has it, he's just damning it. Another way to perceive it is, he could be damning it because he doesnt have access to it, hence having to level his units the normal way and having to be careful with exp. But again, i could be wrong.

I'd like to see whatever manner of "normal" training results in everyone about to ram into the level cap on Chapter 7.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)