Marrying Lucina is better than Chrom because you can be a future king of Ylisse

#17lightsXIIIPosted 1/19/2014 12:21:33 PM(edited)
Because the role of Exalt will obviously pass down to Lucina. Who wants to be a prince or princess anyway?

What member of Ylissean royalty did you marry?
---
...In a Sexual way...
Prince Marth X Princess Peach is canon! #RoyalOTP
#2Strawberry_EggsPosted 1/19/2014 12:43:58 PM(edited)
No you can't. The title of Exalt would go to the present born Lucina. The Lucina from the future doesn't want to stay with her family, and even if she changes her mind, I imagine she would not want to take the present Lucina's inheritance. Maybe if she were to go back to her future with the Avatar, but that's neither here nor there.

On the other hand, the female Avatar married to Chrom would be queen. Or maybe she would be queen/princess consort. It's never stated what sort of political power the spouse of the Exalt has, if any. That would go back to an Avatar married Lucina and she, in one way or another, she becomes Exalt. He might actually become king/prince consort.

There is no objective "better" here anyway, just whichever one you prefer.
---
Why you are here is a profound mystery indeed.
#37lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 12:40:38 PM(edited)
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
No you can't. The title of Exalt would go to the present born Lucina. The Lucina from the future doesn't want to stay with her family, and even if she changes her mind, I imagine she would not want to take the present Lucina's inheritance. Maybe if she were to go back to her future with the Avatar, but that's neither here nor there.

On the other hand, the female Avatar married to Chrom would be queen. Or maybe she would be queen/princess consort. It's ever stated what sort of political power the spouse of the Exalt has, if any. That would go back to an Avatar married Lucina and in one way or another, she becomes exalt. He might actually become prince consort.

There is objective "better" here anyway, just whichever one you prefer.

Well, I imagine the consorts would have little power.

In their ending, Queen Olivia was able travel the land freely (No power but she was able to go without anyone pestering her about her safety and she needed to be watched at all times.)
---
...In a Sexual way...
#4Strawberry_EggsPosted 1/19/2014 12:47:36 PM
My first point still stands. Lucina would not be Exalt because she is from another world, another timeline, and is not the actual child of this Chrom and his wife. Even if Chrom wanted to give her a title of some sort, she would in all likelihood refuse it, as she would see it as the right thing to do.
---
Why you are here is a profound mystery indeed.
#57lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 12:56:33 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
My first point still stands. Lucina would not be Exalt because she is from another world, another timeline, and is not the actual child of this Chrom and his wife. Even if Chrom wanted to give her a title of some sort, she would in all likelihood refuse it, as she would see it as the right thing to do.

Oh fine. I guess MaMU could only be a prince or not even royalty.

But FeMU can be a queen? No fair. :P
---
...In a Sexual way...
#6LORDDRAGON1995Posted 1/19/2014 1:27:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7RDS1Posted 1/19/2014 1:47:01 PM
I don't want to be royalty in the first place, but if I were to be one at all, I'd be "Queen of Plegia", and only because marrying him is the only way to restore King Gangrel to his proper place on the throne.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#87lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 2:16:13 PM
RDS1 posted...
I don't want to be royalty in the first place, but if I were to be one at all, I'd be "Queen of Plegia", and only because marrying him is the only way to restore King Gangrel to his proper place on the throne.

You would already be the Queen of Plegia considering Validar was the king and he died so, MU is the heir.
---
...In a Sexual way...
#9OrangeCrush980Posted 1/19/2014 2:29:34 PM
Validar was a regent, not a king
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#10AranvoidPosted 1/19/2014 4:00:42 PM
You sure? I heard a lot of people say validar was
---
Rejoice, the rightful king returns from Historia.