Any tips for the spotpass side storys?

#1OkikurmiPosted 1/19/2014 11:37:22 AM
I did side story 18 (although i failed to recruit Gangrel)

But the rest of these are so hard. What order would it be best to do them in?
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#2scigeek101Posted 1/19/2014 12:27:33 PM
In numerical order.

The others are pretty similar in difficulty to Gangrel's with 2 exceptions.

Aversa's is nasty because you have to fight clones of yourself, if you fight it legit it can be quite nasty. Otherwise there are tricks like using only weak units and 1 strong unit to beat it easier, but legit is much more fun.

The final one, Priam's, is probably the hardest non DLC chapter in the game. You have a absolute huge mob of promoted units out for blood and they will rush you. You will have the option to bring up to 30 units into battle on your side which is awesome, but you probably haven't trained 30 units so that could leave you with multiple weak units, leaving you with the option to either grind, or find a creative way to beat it with your available resources.

I chose the 2nd option, and ended up having one pair nosferatu tank while I used the terrain to my advantage to control the enemy mob with my other groups, essentially splitting their army into about 3 smaller but manageable chunks.

I played on hard classic by the way. I can't begin to imagine doing Priam's gaiden on Lunatic without grinding.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#3MAtt5TERPosted 1/19/2014 12:34:51 PM
scigeek101 posted...
but you probably haven't trained 30 units so that could leave you with multiple weak units... I can't begin to imagine doing Priam's gaiden on Lunatic without grinding.

If you don't have 30 strong units, don't send out 30 units. Who said you have to always deploy the max number? Priam's Gaiden can be easily beaten just by sending out 2 units and having them "solo" by pairing up.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#4scigeek101Posted 1/19/2014 12:40:14 PM
MAtt5TER posted...
scigeek101 posted...
but you probably haven't trained 30 units so that could leave you with multiple weak units... I can't begin to imagine doing Priam's gaiden on Lunatic without grinding.

If you don't have 30 strong units, don't send out 30 units. Who said you have to always deploy the max number? Priam's Gaiden can be easily beaten just by sending out 2 units and having them "solo" by pairing up.

You don't have to send out the max number but more units certainly helps you with enemy crowd control.

Sure you can beat it with one pair but even on hard mode my Nosferatu tank MU with galeforce totally got owned after getting bum rushed by all the enemies at once.
---
Harry Truman.
#5Huff n puff 20Posted 1/19/2014 12:43:26 PM
scigeek101 posted...

Aversa's is nasty because you have to fight clones of yourself, if you fight it legit it can be quite nasty. Otherwise there are tricks like using only weak units and 1 strong unit to beat it easier, but legit is much more fun.

Not really.
If you use Pair Up with S-rank Supports, Para 22 isn't hard at all.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vSQXpF4.jpg (Cutest Giant Robot ever)
http://i.imgur.com/rc9CO0c.jpg
#6Huff n puff 20Posted 1/19/2014 12:47:16 PM
scigeek101 posted...
MAtt5TER posted...
scigeek101 posted...

You don't have to send out the max number but more units certainly helps you with enemy crowd control.

Sure you can beat it with one pair but even on hard mode my Nosferatu tank MU with galeforce totally got owned after getting bum rushed by all the enemies at once.

Para 23 is easier than Rogues and Redeemers 3 on everything but Lunatic+ [where it actually starts to approach Apoth difficulty [harder than? Definitely not. Hard as? Nope. Close? Yes.] if the kits decide to be mean].

RaR3 is easily trivialized. [I've flattened it with Maribelle/Chrom, Maribelle lead as a Sage.... On Lunatic.] Just for a point at what Para 23 is.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vSQXpF4.jpg (Cutest Giant Robot ever)
http://i.imgur.com/rc9CO0c.jpg
#7RDS1Posted 1/19/2014 12:51:47 PM
One tip for recruiting Gangrel, if you should ever try again: to recruit him you have to talk to him three times, but you can in fact talk to him three times in the same turn, through a combination of Pair Up switching and Galeforce/Olivia.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#8scigeek101Posted 1/19/2014 12:55:08 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
scigeek101 posted...
MAtt5TER posted...
scigeek101 posted...

Para 23 is easier than Rogues and Redeemers 3 on everything but Lunatic+ [where it actually starts to approach Apoth difficulty [harder than? Definitely not. Hard as? Nope. Close? Yes.] if the kits decide to be mean].

RaR3 is easily trivialized. [I've flattened it with Maribelle/Chrom, Maribelle lead as a Sage.... On Lunatic.] Just for a point at what Para 23 is.

Its been awhile but I remember my Nosferatu tank failing several times on that level. I wasn't using DLC though and I hadn't been grinding (Other than a few random battles to up supports to access paralogues) so its possible I wasn't at an optimal level or skill set.
---
Harry Truman.
#9Okikurmi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 1:44:43 PM
can i still try them after finishing the last story mission? or will the game just end?
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#10DlordflashPosted 1/19/2014 1:48:07 PM
Okikurmi posted...
can i still try them after finishing the last story mission? or will the game just end?

when you beat the game it just goes back to before you beat the game so ya you can keep doing stuff
---
3DS FC: 4897-6258-8667