"Canon" build special characters (DLC/Spotpass) + Marisa build

#1AkumashiroPosted 1/27/2014 9:53:33 AM
Like the title says, I would like to make "canon" builds, class and skills (weapons too maybe) for the DLC and spotpass character.

I explain myself for canon : I want to do builds which correspond with the characters : his/her personnality, particularities of them, their abilities.

For example, i thought something for micaiah :

Her class is sage, for the light sage of Radiant Dawn. And in skills, healtouch for being a reference to Sacrifice. And if I add the weapons in the process, I give her the Naga's book, which is basically the only "light" tome in the whole game.

I will also put Limit Break in all build.

What do you think of this ? It is completely stupid or it can be a good/fun thing to do ?

What skills will you put for a Swordmaster Marisa please ?
#2Huff n puff 20Posted 1/27/2014 10:42:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3dr_burger92Posted 1/27/2014 12:00:16 PM
If its something you want to take the time to do, then it's not stupid. I don't believe those characters you raise will be able to be used in streetpass because of a glitch concerning streetpass gained characters, but ingame sure.

Marisa should be something like Limit Break, Swordfaire, Lethality/Astra, Vantage, Focus/Anathema (because she doesn't have access to other crit boosting skills).

She could have become either a swordmaster or assassin in her own game, and it's the same here. You should take that into consideration.
---
FC: 2664-2858-8812-----Steam ID: viewtiful_objection
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?
#4Akumashiro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 12:48:57 PM
Yeah, I think too about that and this is partly why I will put her as a swordmaster ^^, seeing that it is the class I always pick for her in Sacred Stones ^^. As an assassin, we could put lockpick in one of the slot too ^^. Armthrift could be here too if we think about the fact that she is part of a band of mercenaries. For her personnality, Marisa isn't someone very sociable apart with Gethys and maybe Joshua, si Tantivy could, IMO, be an alternative to Focus but we loose the crit boost, which is the speciality of swordmasters and assassins, and also it is the competence of Swordmasters in SS

So, we can have something like that :

Swordmaster Marisa :

- Astra
- Swordfaire
- Armthrift
- Tantivy / Focus
- Limit Break

Assassin Marisa

- Lethality
- Swordfaire/Lockpick
- Armthrift
- Tantivy
- Limit Break

How it looks ?
#5Akumashiro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 11:18:26 AM
Today, I will look at Ike, the DLC one.

tell me what you think. For the moment, here my ideas :

Class : Hero( In his game, it is his base class. Plus, this class uses Swords and Axes, which correspond to the Vanguard class of Ike in Radiant Dawn.)

Skills :

-Aether (skill of predilection of Ike, this skill is clearly indispensable for me)

-Armthrift (Ike is in a band of mercenaries and even become the chief of this one. This skills will be a good reference to it)

-Limit break( base technique of my builds. Plus, we getting this skill when we recruit him.)

For the 2 last slot, I don't know much but maybe this two :

-Swordfaire(Ike is a great swordsman, but this skill isn't maybe really appropriate for him, or so use it for negate the nerf of the Ragnell, which loose 3 point in strength)

I really don't know for the last slot :/ . Thoughts ?
#6Akumashiro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 5:59:57 PM
Celica :

Class :

Sorcerer ( In her game, Celica's class is a class able to use staffs, swords and black magic. Besides Grandmaster, there is no class which correspond to this. So I just decide to choose between sword and magic, and I choose magic. Sorcerer is for black magic.)

Sage ( Same reason as above, apart we forgot about black magic and we gain the possibility to use staffs.)

Grandmaster (Here, we can use magic and swords, but no black magic or staffs. Plus the maximum of magic is 40(50 with Limit Break) so I will recommend this class for peoples who wants a certain "ressemblance" with the original class.)

Weapons :

As a Sorcerer :

-a Fire tome
-a Thunder tome
-Naga's book tome (Angel tome in Gaiden)
-Rexcalibur tome/Celica's Gale
-a Dark tome

As a Grandmaster :

-a Fire tome
-a Thunder tome
-Naga's book tome
-Rexcalibur tome/ Celica's Gale
-Silver sword(any swords in fact ^^)

As a Sage :

-Fire tome
-Thunder tome
-Rexcalibur tome/ Celica's Gale
-Naga's book
-Recover

Skills :

-Limit Break : Like all previous builds, he is always here (if you don't use it, you can put tomefaire or Solidarity for being able to put Sol)

-Rightful King : In her game, Celica is a princess, Righful is perfect for her.

-Dual Support + : In Fire Emblem Gaiden, the support was characterized by Alm doing a crit if Celica was next to him.

-Miracle : The default class of Celica in Gaiden is Priestess, which is now Priests and Cleric. Miracle is the default skill of this class. Also, the name of Celica means "divine", a sort of tribute if I can say.

-Sol : Princess class has acess to staffs. If you choose Sorcerer like, this skills can be a good alternative, combined with Rightful King. You can also use Renewal in this slot or like I said above : Solidarity. Like ,already said, the support in Fire Emblem Gaiden was characterized by a crit of Alm if Celica is next to him. Solidarity boosts crits of allies adjacents to you, it can be an other tribute. Try to pair up Alm with Celica and get a crit with him x').

So, what did you think of this one ? I know that it is almost identical to the original DLC Celica, but it isn't intentional.
#7Pepsi_AlPosted 1/29/2014 4:29:08 PM
I wonder if we can share our own builds for StreetPass/DLC characters in topics such as this one.

Like for this one, which I think would be a "canon" build for Lyn

Class is either SM or Assassin. SM for starting class in this game and the class theme in her own game. And Assassin because of her weaponry in her own game. (Though I do wonder if Bow Knight could work as well.)

Limit Breaker for reasons you listed.

Vantage and Astra because they're part of the Myrmidon line.

Luna because she's practicing sword techniques that are effective on armored infantry during her B support with Hector. Plus, Lilina starts with the skill. (Don't know how valid the latter reason would be, though. Seeing as she's not confirmed to be Lilina's mother.)

And Acrobat if only to reference her tracking skills in FE7.
#8Akumashiro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 7:26:57 AM
So, yesterday I post an answer but she disappear, I'm kinda disgusted, but I will try to repeat as close to what I said :

You can, of course, share your own builds for the DLC and Streetpass character, it is partly why I create this topic ^^. It will help me for characters I don't really know, like mostly of the characters from the five first Fire Emblem (I do the build of Celica with info I read, so I don't really know if for a player of Gaiden, it will seems correct.)

So, Lyndis, one of my favorite female characters in all games. Tour build look pretty much like mine, and your thoughts too.

For me, I made this quickly, so it will maybe change in the future, but here :

I) The class

In her game, Lyn is a Lord with a high crit rate and a high rapidity. However her defenses and her strength were bad. She also have a great accuracy. This stats fits well with myrmidon's ones. When she promote, she gain the possibility to use Bow.

So, for her, i see two choice for her class : Sword Master or Assassin.

Swordmaster fit well the original stats of Lord Sparta Lyndis while Assassin fits better for the weaponry, with the possibility to use bow in this class. I personnally choose Swordmaster for stats and appearance.

A third option is possible : Bow Knight, which also use Bow and Swords, but the fact she will be riding a horse kinda bothers me a bit. But she is a nomad and she know ride a horse, so why not ?

II) The skills

First of all : Limit Break. For all my builds, I will use this skill.

If you don't play with DLCs, I would suggest as an alternative Outdoor Fighter, Galeforce or a boosting-stats skill like Hit rate +20%, Speed +2, Avoid +10/ crit boosts : Focus.

Outdoor Fighter is a big deal in my opinon : Lyndis learns to fight in the plains so she is obviously better at the outside for fighting.

Galeforce deals about the high mobility of Lyndis, and the fact she pierce through ennemy troops in a flash. Pass is a good alternative.

The stats boosts are tribute to the assets of Lyndis

For the second slot : Swordfaire or Astra

Swordfaire is the skill I choose here : Lyndis is a goddess swordsman, she is incredibly skillful and quick with a sword. Just look her critical animation in FE 7. She fully deserve the skill.

Astra will be explain below

Third slot : Astra or Luna :

Astra : Like I said above, Lyndis is very quick with a sword and she can easily give ten strokes to her opponent in few seconds, Astra gives her 5 hits so it can be a good idea.

Luna : I didn't think to this one before you speak about it ^^.

In her B-support with Hector, Lyn says she has trained to deals big damage to armored soldiers. Also, her favored weapon, Mani Katti deals extra damages to armor units.The Mani Katti isn't in the game, so Luna could be a surrogate.

Fourth slot : Acrobat :

As a nomad, Lyndis have a great mobility, as well in plains that in rocky areas. In her game, she is able to pass through areas that some units can't.

Fifth slot : Vantage/ Bowfaire(if you take Assassin or Bow Knight)/ Axe-breaker/ Avoid-boosting skills

Vantage : same thing as for Astra, Lyndis is a quick fighter, so she can easily outspeed her foes.

Bowfaire : In Rekka no Ken, she can have S-rank in swords and in bows, so Bowfaire is just a reference to this.

Axe-Breaker : Lyndis is a counter of choice for axe-holders : expert with swords, quick fighter, Axe-breaker is my personnal choice for the last slot.

Avoid boosting : Lyndis is a character who avoid a lot, who NEEDS to avoid a lot due to her fragility, so add a skills for increase her avoid aptitudes is good for me.

So, without the comments, here my build :

Skills :

-Limit Break

-Swordfaire

-Astra

-Acrobat

-Axe-breaker

III) Weapons

A forged Killing edge name Mani Katti or Sol Katti
#9TestPilotVGCPosted 1/30/2014 9:44:57 AM
Akumashiro posted...
So, yesterday I post an answer but she disappear, I'm kinda disgusted, but I will try to repeat as close to what I said :

You can, of course, share your own builds for the DLC and Streetpass character, it is partly why I create this topic ^^. It will help me for characters I don't really know, like mostly of the characters from the five first Fire Emblem (I do the build of Celica with info I read, so I don't really know if for a player of Gaiden, it will seems correct.)

So, Lyndis, one of my favorite female characters in all games. Tour build look pretty much like mine, and your thoughts too.

For me, I made this quickly, so it will maybe change in the future, but here :

I) The class

In her game, Lyn is a Lord with a high crit rate and a high rapidity. However her defenses and her strength were bad. She also have a great accuracy. This stats fits well with myrmidon's ones. When she promote, she gain the possibility to use Bow.

So, for her, i see two choice for her class : Sword Master or Assassin.

Swordmaster fit well the original stats of Lord Sparta Lyndis while Assassin fits better for the weaponry, with the possibility to use bow in this class. I personnally choose Swordmaster for stats and appearance.

A third option is possible : Bow Knight, which also use Bow and Swords, but the fact she will be riding a horse kinda bothers me a bit. But she is a nomad and she know ride a horse, so why not ?

II) The skills

-Limit Break

-Swordfaire

-Astra

-Acrobat

-Axe-breaker

III) Weapons

A forged Killing edge name Mani Katti or Sol Katti

Sorry, I had to paraphrase the quote due to character quantity constraints.

Anyway, I really like this idea. The closest weapon in this game to the Mani Katti in terms of bonus damage against armored and mounted enemies is the Rapier or Noble Rapier.
But as this weapon is exclusive to in-game lords, you could forge an Armorslayer with extra crit and hit.

The Mani Katti from FE7 has 8 Mt, 80% Hit, and 20% Crit
The Armorslayer in FE13 has 8 Mt, 80% Hit and 0% Crit

You'd logically want to improve the crit rate. How else you modify the weapon is up to you.

Just so you know, you CAN get the Sol Katti in this game. As I don't know how far along in the game you are, I'll just leave the explanation here if you choose to read it.

The Sol Katti is acquired at the end of Paralogue 21

While in FE7 it had the following stats:
12 Mt/ 95% Hit/ 25% Crit
In FE13 it currently has the following stats:
8 Mt/ 100% Hit/ 50% Crit

While it no longer does bonus damage to dragons, it still boosts Resistance by +5

---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#10Akumashiro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 10:28:38 AM
The Idea of the Armorslayer, I kinda like it but the design of the weapon, it doesn't correspond to the Mani Katti, which is a thin blade when the Armoslayer is a huge sword. Well I'm just very difficult here, but yeah it's a good representation of the Mani Katti in terms of damage and bonuses, when, like you said, Other class can't use the Rapier :/ .

The max crit we can obtain forging an Armorslayer is 15%, which is close enough of the Mani Katti :)

For the Sol Katti I know, but with the contraint on character, I can't put this.

This is the full text for III)

-A forged Killing edge, which shape is similar, rename into Mani Katti
-The Sol Katti, but if you don't have access to DLC, watch out to not break it
- A lot of Vulneraries, for tribute to our first encounter with the young girl of the plains, who have two lots of Vulneraries in her inventory ^^.

Note that if you don't go for Sword Masters, who cannot use the Sol Katti, which is reserved to myrmidons and Sword masters.

Don't worry, I finish the game several times, I do the support log before go in Lunatic mode, and Lunatic + after ^^

Sad that legendaries weapon has been nerfed, and some loose their bonus damage :/. Plus we have the Sol Katti and the Armades, but no Durandal, poor Eliwood x').