What should MU pass down to MU!Noire?

#1Ryan86Posted 2/2/2014 8:10:54 AM
Hello everyone.

I finally managed to get back to FE after a busy time with work (and Pokémon Y's Dex), and now that I've ocmpleted the Support Log for all male MU marriages, I can finally marry him to Tharja (just because).

I thought on passing down Wrath, for a likely VVW Sorcerer Noire. I went + Mag - Luck, if memory serves me right. Would Wrathe be a good choice to pass down to Noire (and Morgan too, on that note)?

Also, as of now my MU is a Sage, for Rexcalibur usage with Armsthrift and being able to heal/Rescue is needed. Since he's marrying Tharja, what would be a good combo for the two of them?
---
3DS FC for Pokemon XY: 3652-1372-5402
Pokemon Heart Gold FC: 5157 7826 4368, Pokemon Black 2 FC: need to update it. =x
#2daytonthegreatPosted 2/2/2014 8:38:01 AM
Ryan86 posted...
Hello everyone.

I finally managed to get back to FE after a busy time with work (and Pokémon Y's Dex), and now that I've ocmpleted the Support Log for all male MU marriages, I can finally marry him to Tharja (just because).

I thought on passing down Wrath, for a likely VVW Sorcerer Noire. I went + Mag - Luck, if memory serves me right. Would Wrathe be a good choice to pass down to Noire (and Morgan too, on that note)?

Also, as of now my MU is a Sage, for Rexcalibur usage with Armsthrift and being able to heal/Rescue is needed. Since he's marrying Tharja, what would be a good combo for the two of them?

Since I know this pairing a lot more than others I can tell you that the Assets and Flaw for your Avatar is a great choice along having MU as a Great Offensive and Healer Unit. When it comes to skills however, I would pass out the following skills as MU : Gamble, Wrath, Counter (Great for streetpass and TSON.) and Despoil.

Also if your considering to do a VVW Sorcerer Noire, its going have to be planned out right but if you feel like trying something else out you could always try two of my older setups which is shown here:

Sorcerer Morgan: Sol, Armsthrift, Tomefaire, Galeforce, Limit Breaker

VV Sorcerer Noire: Vantage, Vengeance, Armsthrift, Galeforce, Limit Breaker
---
I liked this Story....
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9045624/1/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Hexes-and-Proposals
#3mudkip72Posted 2/2/2014 8:58:22 AM(edited)
When it comes to the male exclusive skills, I only consider Axefaire, Wrath, and Counter. Even then, none of those 3 skills are that important.

Axefaire is obviously only worth it for axe wielders, so magic based Noire and Morgan will not have any use for it unless you ever felt like doing something silly like Bolt Axe War Cleric.

Wrath can be a fun thing for having a higher crit rate on VV builds, but generally your crit rate still won't be reliably high enough without making other compromises, or Vengeance powered attacks will already be enough fire power on their own and you can put a better utility skill in instead.

Counter is good for Streetpass, but extremely situational elsewhere - there is not going to be many scenarios where Counter damage is going to be making or breaking a kill on an enemy unit. Counter is also worthless in Apotheosis.

In your situation, I think I'd pass Wrath to one and Counter to the other. If you aren't really grinding though, just pass whatever, because its not really that worth it.
#4VascelaPosted 2/2/2014 10:30:23 AM
In game - Veteran
Streetpass - Counter
Apotheosis - Depends on what you want Morgan/Noire to be. Axe Userl: Axefaire, Magical: Doesn't matter

Wrath loses a lot of value because you can't bank on low-medium% crit (although the enemy can bank on 1%)
#5Ryan86(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 3:48:07 PM
Well, I don't care for StreetPass team (I made a team full of boosters and good weapons for people to buy), so Counter is useless. Axefaire for mages is a waste, for Bolt Axe is silly to use (if memory serves me right, it's the only magical-bolt weapon that lacks 2-range). And I have Paragon for every single unit, so Veteran isn't that useful (I take it that Noire can't reclass to Tactician, only Morgan). So I guess Wrath it is, despite not being exactly that awesome for the final maps. Tharja might pass down something just for the heck of it, Luna or Aegis (or was is Pavise?), I guess.

Neither MU nor Tharja got Galeforce, so I suppose it won't be too useful to pair the two of them in battle? If so, a Sage + Sorcerer combo for magic boosting would be good enough?
---
Pokemon Heart Gold FC: 5157 7826 4368, Pokemon Black 2 FC: need to update it. =x
#6VascelaPosted 2/2/2014 3:52:57 PM(edited)
Bolt axe has 1-2 range

Noire can go Tactician

Don't appeal to Galeforce as godsend. It's not as potent as it looks (still an outstanding skill, arguably the best).

edit: lance shockstick is only 1 range, which is what you're thinking
#7CharizardFirePosted 2/2/2014 4:36:46 PM
Neither MU nor Tharja got Galeforce, so I suppose it won't be too useful to pair the two of them in battle? If so, a Sage + Sorcerer combo for magic boosting would be good enough?

While Galeforce access is nice to have, not having it doesn't mean the unit is useless. The magic boosts from a Sage + Sorceror combo is just fine.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#8Ryan86(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 4:51:17 PM(edited)
Oh, my apologies for mistaking the axe for the lance in the "magical with 1-range" department. That's good to know.

Regardless, I rather doubt that using a Bolt Axe War Cleric Noire would be optimal, regardless. Iunno, I never liked that job much, seems like a waste of all the Magic mods. Guess I'll study a little more about what War Cleric can offer before deciding.

Oh, and would Sage MU + Sorcerer Tharja make a good combo? When I mentioned Galeforce, I meant that the couple wouldn't work that great in the frontlines when both lack the skill, so I thought on using them more of a support or something, so Pairing Up wouldn't help as much. Then again, MU gets Aggressor...

EDIT: got ninja'd. Guess Sage + Sorcerer it is, then. =3
---