Is it necessary to grind Parents before recruiting the children?

#18PandaPosted 2/2/2014 2:16:36 PM
I paired Henry and Sumia together and I really can't bring myself to grind either of them. Cynthia already has the same classes as Sumia and I don't think Henry has anything good to pass down to her aside from Wrath and Counter. Should I bother grinding them. If I don't will it make Cynthia stat caps bad?
---
3DS FC: 2277 - 7535 - 7800
Friend Safari: Electrode, Stunfisk, and Manectric
#2_Sanaki_Posted 2/2/2014 2:20:26 PM
It shouldn't impact her stat caps, that's just determined by the parents.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
#3Chipous_McNuggPosted 2/2/2014 2:53:32 PM(edited)
Not really, especially if you have dlc. The kids gain a ton of levels fast and will quickly catch up.

EDIT: ah, leveling the parents up only determines their starting stats and skills.
#4LunaEmblemPosted 2/2/2014 3:07:53 PM
It will impact the stats she has when you recruit her, but that's about it. Stat caps are determined solely by who the parents are, not the current stats of the parents.
---
Why can't life give me strawberries or something instead? I don't even like lemons.
#5MancerNecroPosted 2/2/2014 3:37:55 PM
It is sometimes necessary to grind to pass down skills that are gotten at Level 15 of the promoted class.

Also, with HenryxSumia, it's actually possible to turn Sumia into a Falcoknight and pass down Rally Speed to Cynthia (if you're planning to make Cynthia a Dark Flier). You can then turn Sumia into a Dark Flier to gain Galeforce for herself.

Since classes usually have two promotion options, you can make mothers learn skills from one promotion path and promote their children down the other promotion path to increase and improve their skill repertoire.
---
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky: Team Royalis
Member of Team Ancient Legends