When is the right time to download Ike, Marth, Roy, Lyndis, etc.?

#1NEW-WAYS-2-DIEPosted 2/2/2014 3:20:57 PM
I heard I can download them. What's the difference between the free and paid versions? Do they have dialogue? Unique models? Do they talk to my characters? Can they get married?

Should I even worry about DLC all my first play through?

Is there a New Game + that carries over my Support Log and the fact that I've beaten the game?
---
S8n is gr8n.
#2VascelaPosted 2/2/2014 3:24:43 PM
Of the questions I can answer (since I only have one DLC, I don't have the proper knowledge to answer questions about them)

1. I wouldn't do any DLC on a first run. Play for the story and learn the game basics.

2. Support log is constantly updated based off saves, not game completions. New game+ carries over Renown (bonus items under the wireless function)
#3DlordflashPosted 2/2/2014 3:32:39 PM
their models are generic, marth use the "marth" model in game without the mask, the rest of them use the avatar models, the DLC versions have new artwork and some have skills the other can't have, at the same time some of the Free spotpass versions use their official artwork and some have skills the DLC version doesn't have, there's also a few that will start with different skill sets but both version can get what the other one had so the only true difference would be their artwork. they do not have any dialogue outside their own dlc, that can't talk to your characters outside their own DLC, and they cannot get married

You can use the DLC on your first playthrough if you want but I personally wouldn't

when you beat the game it just recorded your renown from that file and the highest recorded Renown from any file will be carried over to the next game there isn't really a new game+
---
3DS FC: 4897-6258-8667
#4NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 3:35:19 PM
Wait what? They don't even have their own unique battle models? Just art? Which doesn't even matter because they don't talk to anyone? >_>
---
S8n is gr8n.
#5DlordflashPosted 2/2/2014 3:38:44 PM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
Wait what? They don't even have their own unique battle models? Just art? Which doesn't even matter because they don't talk to anyone? >_>

yes which is why no one really ever recommends buying DLC purely for the character unless you really want that, its either for the map, skills, classes, challenges, character interactions, story, or luxuries like gold farming, legendary weapon farming, or easy grinding.
---
3DS FC: 4897-6258-8667
#6SilverZangoosePosted 2/2/2014 4:18:15 PM
Some of the DLC characters are better than average DLC units, or their unpaid versions. The main example would be Micaiah. She gets a VERY rare skill, Shadowgift, which allows her to use Dark Magic on any magic class. The only other units who can get Shadowgift are Aversa, Katarina (who is only unlocked by completing the hardest DLC level) and Morgan if Aversa was her mother. Other than that though, most of them aren't really any better than unpaid versions.
#7NewbieN00bPosted 2/2/2014 4:58:53 PM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...

Yep.
---
3DS FC: 4596-9460-1427