Let's pretend that FE character stats are based on setting strength. (Spoilers)

#1GalwenPosted 2/4/2014 4:10:34 PM(edited)
Like how Eliwood is treated as being able to come out on top over Hector over and over in the Elibe games setting wise (beat Hector over and over in their matches, is called the greatest knight in all of Lycia) but this isn't the case mechanically. Or how holy blooded characters are superhuman.

For this game Tiki, Walhart, and Priam would be among the best.
#2Cheesepower5Posted 2/4/2014 4:18:10 PM
Galwen posted...
Like how Eliwood is treated as being able to come out on top over Hector over and over in the Elibe games setting wise (beat Hector over and over in their matches, is called the greatest knight in all of Lycia) but this isn't the case mechanically. Or how holy blooded characters are superhuman.

For this game Tiki, Walhart, and Priam would be among the best.

I always figured Eliwood's victories over Hector was a reference to the weapon triangle. And really, Eli's pretty good in-game, albeit not as much as his buddy.
---
Weak-ass apprentice, you can't see me!
I'm a W-I-Z-A-R-D!
#3FelurFalasPosted 2/4/2014 4:20:57 PM
That would make MU and Grima godly.
---
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon
#4I_eat_tablesPosted 2/4/2014 4:33:41 PM
Eliwood (Rapier) vs. Hector (Wolf Beil)
Eliwood:
100% hit
7HKO
9% critical

Hector:
48% hit
2HKO
0% critical

Well... I'd say Eliwood isn't THAT far behind Hector. I did a quick simulation and I make Eliwood's chance of winning to be around 25% (he needs to either hit 7 times or crit once and hit 4 more or crit at least twice and hit/crit a third time, before Hector can land two hits at around 46.6% true). And if they can use non-prf weapons, I think that only helps Eliwood (with killer weapons in hand for example, Eliwood kills in 4 hits with close to perfect accuracy and 39% crit, and I don't think Hector gains much from switching weapons because Wolf Beil is accurate).

So... it's probably not realistic that Eliwood beat Hector consistently (unless he got RNG blessed) but it's pretty reasonable that he beat him occasionally.

Yeah, I know I just took numbers into this thread, sorry.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#5Galwen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 7:28:14 PM(edited)
Also, Lyn beat Eliwood over and over. Which I guess points to Lyn being the better sword fighter at least.
#6TisroeroPosted 2/4/2014 7:24:24 PM
I_eat_tables posted...
Eliwood (Rapier) vs. Hector (Wolf Beil)
Eliwood:
100% hit
7HKO
9% critical

Hector:
48% hit
2HKO
0% critical

Well... I'd say Eliwood isn't THAT far behind Hector. I did a quick simulation and I make Eliwood's chance of winning to be around 25% (he needs to either hit 7 times or crit once and hit 4 more or crit at least twice and hit/crit a third time, before Hector can land two hits at around 46.6% true). And if they can use non-prf weapons, I think that only helps Eliwood (with killer weapons in hand for example, Eliwood kills in 4 hits with close to perfect accuracy and 39% crit, and I don't think Hector gains much from switching weapons because Wolf Beil is accurate).

So... it's probably not realistic that Eliwood beat Hector consistently (unless he got RNG blessed) but it's pretty reasonable that he beat him occasionally.

Yeah, I know I just took numbers into this thread, sorry.

Is this based on starting stats? That's actually pretty neat.
---
"What's the point of living if we're all just born to die?" 3DS:0447-5767-5668 Gastrodon. TN:Ryuji
#7I_eat_tablesPosted 2/4/2014 8:26:04 PM
Yes, base level stats. After all characters only get stronger, right?

Obviously don't take it too seriously, but...
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#8achimedPosted 2/4/2014 9:01:03 PM
Vaike Tier -
Vaike

God Tier -
See above

Low Tier -
Everyone else

Lissa Tier -
Lissa
Sully
---
It was my destiny to be here; In the box.
3DS Friend Code : 1865 - 0341 - 2854.
#9Galwen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 7:05:44 PM(edited)
Ike would have the highest stats of any Lord around before Awakening.

Camus would have higher stats than Ishtar, Lloyd, etc. Being put on Anri's level by Medeus.

Gharnef would have higher stats than several other enemy magic users like Manfloy since he was trained by Gotoh in magic and made Imhullu.
#10EndgamePosted 2/5/2014 6:55:57 PM
Eliwood >>>>>>>> Hector in Sword of Seals though

the tables sure have turned on THAT matchup.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert