What's the point if there is no new game plus?

#1PerfectZedorPosted 2/5/2014 4:07:15 PM
I am new to the game and VERY OVERWHELMED (going through my first run in awakening right now in hard/classic)! I played Fire Emblem GBA and Sacred Stones GBA. They were epicly nice, simple and enjoyable but in awakening, I keep reading about people building this team and optimizing that team blah blah blah.

What is the point of that? If we cannot apply our "legendary" teams that we worked so hard to create in multilayer (because there is no multilayer, to my knowledge) why bother getting anyone to max out their stats/skills?
---
"Did you get your end in all of this, Ramza? I...I got this."
- Delita, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
#2CaptainBangPosted 2/5/2014 4:09:48 PM
OCD nuts
---
Recent research claims that people who haven't played A Link Between Worlds are more prone to worship Cthulhu.
Please, I beg of you, don't worship Cthulhu.
#3LunaEmblemPosted 2/5/2014 4:10:31 PM
It's primarily for the people who have DLC, specifically the Apotheosis map, which is considered the hardest level in the game. And there are also people who simply derive enjoyment from min-maxing, even without a purpose other than for the sake of optimizing; I'm one of those people (though I do have DLC).
---
Why can't life give me strawberries or something instead? I don't even like lemons.
#4PerfectZedor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 4:12:35 PM
Ah! Can you tell me which DLC that is part of?
---
#5LunaEmblemPosted 2/5/2014 4:15:51 PM
PerfectZedor posted...
Ah! Can you tell me which DLC that is part of?

The DLC is literally called Apotheosis.
---
Why can't life give me strawberries or something instead? I don't even like lemons.
#6LunaEmblemPosted 2/5/2014 4:17:18 PM
Also, since we're on the topic of stuff to do after the game, if you're willing to spend the extra money then I would recommend buying the Future Past pack. I personally found those to be a nice way to wrap up the game after beating the main story.
---
#7DriftedOffPosted 2/5/2014 4:28:23 PM
Yes, I have to agree.

The Future Past DLC pack is worth picking up in my opinion. It offers a good challenge (unless, of course, you grinded to the max for some characters) and I liked the story.

If there was one DLC that was worth getting, it'd be that one.
#8PerfectZedor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 4:40:25 PM
I'll look into it. Thanks.
---
#9I_eat_tablesPosted 2/5/2014 5:09:29 PM
Point of information: There is a New Game+, although not carrying over everything (not that you'd want to, beating every chapter with ease would be pretty boring). You can carry over former (and streetpassed) Avatar characters, plus all Legacy characters in the Avatar logbook, and buy them in your next playthrough. You also carry over and can use Renown rewards, which kinda trivialise the game once you get enough of them.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#10Huff n puff 20Posted 2/5/2014 6:41:29 PM(edited)
I_eat_tables posted...
which kinda trivialise the game once you get enough of them.

Namely the final one. Up to Gradivus doesn't really do a whole lot, Naga's tear doesn't exactly either, and Boots, while great isn't game-breaking.

Now that Supreme Emblem is utterly gamebreaking because you can use it to buy several Level 20/20 Einherjar as early as Chapter 3 cleared.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vSQXpF4.jpg (Cutest Giant Robot ever)
http://i.imgur.com/rc9CO0c.jpg