I have a really tough time creating an avatar...

#1Jeremiah4444Posted 2/6/2014 2:23:16 PM
Does anyone else have this problem?
I worry first how they will look with their intended spouse then how their children will look and lastly how they will look as their intended final class.... Hair color is by far one of the hardest decisions ever
---
3DS FC: 0602-7204-3366 Electrabuzz, Emolga, Galvantula
Dear Society, Judge away. This is me not caring :P
#2PerfectZedorPosted 2/6/2014 2:26:49 PM
Yea, same exact problem. But if you think that's tough, wait untill you start playing the game and worry about who to pair with who. The biggest problem is that they included Sumia in the intro movie as the wife of Chrom (and there is another Chrom-Sumia cutscene that really shoves this down your throat). This forces many people to pair them. So the question remains:

Who will your female MyUnit marry!?

Dum dum duuuuuuuum...
---
"Did you get your end in all of this, Ramza? I...I got this."
- Delita, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
#3ganstamaoriPosted 2/6/2014 2:33:53 PM
I didn't. With this and FE12 I just gave the avatar a generic FE look, a random name, and just watched the story unfold. Not worrying too much about pairings either.
---
Sansa backed away from him. "You're awful".
"I'm honest. Its the world thats awful."
#4LordTacoshimaPosted 2/6/2014 2:34:59 PM
I bought this game when it first came out. Didn't have much 'trouble' making an avatar.. But, when it came to the marriage issue.. Well, I ended up taking the game back a week after i bought it just so I'd stop worrying about it. Thinking about giving it another shot though..
#5_Sanaki_Posted 2/6/2014 2:46:03 PM
The main issue is that a lot of those hair colors aren't in except via the Avatar. Like purple, no one has purple.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
#6Jeremiah4444(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 2:53:51 PM
_Sanaki_ posted...
The main issue is that a lot of those hair colors aren't in except via the Avatar. Like purple, no one has purple.

That's why I usually give my characters purple or white or pink hair... But then I worry about the fate of my child's hair color...
---
3DS FC: 0602-7204-3366 Electrabuzz, Emolga, Galvantula
Dear Society, Judge away. This is me not caring :P
#7_Sanaki_Posted 2/6/2014 2:58:46 PM
White is at least represented by Henry, pink by Olivia. Though I recall there being multiple shades of pink. Makes me wish I could see what all of the kids looked like with all the possible options. I'm sure it's out there, but I haven't run into it yet.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
#8CharizardFirePosted 2/6/2014 3:30:10 PM

Donnel has purple hair.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#9SchesparnPosted 2/6/2014 3:47:48 PM
I have more trouble deciding on a name than an appearance.

But this is a problem I have in ANY game where you get to name your character. Well, except for Zelda games. You can usually name Link, but he's always Link, so... Link.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i.imgur.com/T12j37k.gif
#10DoppelgangerEXPosted 2/6/2014 4:11:34 PM
_Sanaki_ posted...
White is at least represented by Henry, pink by Olivia. Though I recall there being multiple shades of pink. Makes me wish I could see what all of the kids looked like with all the possible options. I'm sure it's out there, but I haven't run into it yet.

There's a big list here, not sure if it has all of them.

https://plus.google.com/photos/116028906001523210989/albums/5793353196941962961?banner=pwa

Credit to Keilis of Serenes Forest
---
So...That weather eh?