Is +Mag-Str MU!Lucina any good?

#1ChronoAcePosted 2/9/2014 7:40:25 PM
From what I understand Lucina is primarily used as a physical damage user and most people who marry the MU to Chrom have +Str so they can get a good physical Morgan and physical Lucina. Would Lucina benefit from a +mag-str MU Mother that much? Or should I marry my MU off to someone else?
#2VascelaPosted 2/9/2014 7:53:49 PM
Mary whoever you like the most. Don't kid yourself if you think 2 extra damage from a certain source actually means something.
#3darth_lorenzoPosted 2/9/2014 8:17:19 PM
Vascela posted...
Mary whoever you like the most. Don't kid yourself if you think 2 extra damage from a certain source actually means something.

On Apotheosis it is important a bit. Other then that it's not important at all. Mu!Lucina is great in game since she will have amazing base stats, and it will be great if you get galeforce before then, but not necessary.
#4VascelaPosted 2/9/2014 8:20:19 PM
darth_lorenzo posted...
Vascela posted...

On Apotheosis it is important a bit. Other then that it's not important at all. Mu!Lucina is great in game since she will have amazing base stats, and it will be great if you get galeforce before then, but not necessary.

No, pairings are not important for Apotheosis.
#5ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 8:30:47 PM(edited)
Hmm ok. Should I make the Morgan physical as well or go something like Sorcerer? My Female Morgan in my other file is a Sorcerer but kind of want to try something else.
#6VascelaPosted 2/9/2014 8:31:24 PM
ChronoAce posted...
Hmm ok. Should I make the Morgan physical as well or go something like Sorcerer?

Pick your favorite classes for your units.

You got plenty at your disposal. Granted, some people typically prefer specialized classes (see Sage and Berserker) as opposed to hybrids (Dark Knight, Grandmaster), but some actually prefer the reverse.
#7darth_lorenzoPosted 2/9/2014 8:35:42 PM
Vascela posted...
darth_lorenzo posted...
Vascela posted...

Yes, the pairings are generally not important, but if you're going for apotheosis you do not want to marry a first gen character especially as a female mu.
#8VascelaPosted 2/9/2014 8:42:07 PM
darth_lorenzo posted...
Vascela posted...
darth_lorenzo posted...
Vascela posted...

Yes, the pairings are generally not important, but if you're going for apotheosis you do not want to marry a first gen character especially as a female mu.

Any particular reason why not? First of all, no children are needed for Apo (people have run child-less). Tiki/Chiki/Raijectra/w.e has shown that you can even clear with 3 units in total (none were children)

Are you afraid of mods that much? Chrom!Morgan runs around with 4 less magic than, say, Ricken!Owain!Morgan.

That's 2 full damage per attack against dragonskin. Or are you saying it adds up over the 2 attacks he'll do? So 4 total damage. And if it's against Aegis, then it's 1 (then 2 total) bonus damage. All because you decided that pairing for a stat mod really mattered.

The best part is, you have twenty units at your disposal. If you don't run all 20 slots, that's a personal decision. There is no downside to running a full 20 (the take up space on my map!), so if you honestly think that if you couldn't clear 1 enemy with a pair, you have plenty of slots available.
#9Misha-HeartPosted 2/9/2014 8:48:56 PM
darth_lorenzo posted...

There is no set time-limit to play Apotheosis. You could probably play the whole game and all the DLC maps once with a certain few, but you'll pretty much need grinding to even fight evenly on Apotheosis. And that's only for stats, you probably won't even have the necessary skills for it either.

The only enemies that could be troublesome to kill in Apotheosis are the super-snipers, which you can surround and kill, and Miracle Sorcerers, which are easier to fight on Enemy Phase.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.
#10shadowray7Posted 2/12/2014 12:36:27 PM
Chrom's mods are pretty neutral. Only ranging from -1 to +1 which really helps you build Lucina any way you want if you plan on having her mother be MU.