Question about character class/ skill set ups

#1King_TakashiPosted 2/13/2014 3:45:16 PM
I don't want to make a billion more threads asking for the ideal combinations so I'll try to knock out a lot of them here.

First off, Maribelle. If I'm having her pair up with Lon'qu, how is this build?

Lon'qu - Assassin
Astra
Lancebreaker
Limit Break
Swordfaire
Vantage

Maribelle - Valkyrie
Demoiselle
Dual Support+
Galeforce
Limit Break
Tomefaire

The Galeforce felt out of place, but to be honest it works out fine because you can go: run up and kill something (very likely given Lon'qu's chance to dual strike), run back and heal someone OR run up to another enemy, switch to Lon'qu, kill another enemy.

Sully - Paladin
Dual Guard+
Limit Break
Luna
?
?

Donnel - Hero
Armsthrift
Axebreaker
Counter
Limit Break
Sol

Honestly beyond those three I'm not sure what to give Sully, she has so many options. Lancebreaker, Swordbreaker, Deliverer isn't bad for having her paired and then switching once they reach the target, Astra is a good offensive choice as well. Aegis is great too but since I want her paired up with Donny most of the time I wasn't sure if it triggered while paired? Donnel's skill set on the other hand is simple.

I think that should be it for now, if I think of more later I'll add to this thread
---
You win again, gravity! - Zapp Brannigan
#2CharizardFirePosted 2/13/2014 3:50:40 PM
Sully - Paladin
Dual Guard+
Limit Break
Luna
?
?

Donnel - Hero
Armsthrift
Axebreaker
Counter
Limit Break
Sol

Honestly beyond those three I'm not sure what to give Sully, she has so many options. Lancebreaker, Swordbreaker, Deliverer isn't bad for having her paired and then switching once they reach the target, Astra is a good offensive choice as well. Aegis is great too but since I want her paired up with Donny most of the time I wasn't sure if it triggered while paired? Donnel's skill set on the other hand is simple.

I think that should be it for now, if I think of more later I'll add to this thread

Aegis only works when the unit in question isn't in the back of a pair-up (it randomly reduces damage taken, and units in the back of a pair-up can't be targeted by any attacks).
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3King_Takashi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 5:23:52 PM
Next up is Gregor:

Gregor - Hero
Armsthrift
Counter
Limit Break
Sol
Vantage

Sol combo's really well with both Counter and Vantage. Armsthrift is just great, Limit Break is obligatory. Can't help but feel like Swordfaire/Axefaire or Wrath might be welcome, though. Astra is a consideration but I feel like Sol is just better for Gregor's kit and he wants all the triggers of it he can get. Since Astra is prioritized it would trigger more and he wouldn't heal like he needs to. Wrath seems like a consideration over Counter, but Counter seems more consistent.

Then there's the alternative build that WANTS to be at low health constantly:

Gregor - Hero
Armsthrift
Astra
Limit Break
Vantage
Wrath

Get below half> Always go first> 20% more crit on top of your Astra's
---
You win again, gravity! - Zapp Brannigan