F*** U Chapter 11 Hard

#11HayashiTakaraPosted 2/15/2014 8:19:56 AM
wolf rider posted...
Oh I can beat the chapter. I was just forced to reset because I switched to Olivia to dance when there were no enemies in range and an enemy pops out to one-shot her.

Map wasn't about tactics. It was about having to reset once after you know what happens and replaying the mission with that knowledge in mind. That's not strategy, that's trial and error.

That's the same with any game/map/whatever, how are you suppose to plan for something you know nothing about? After resetting and retrying it again and managing to complete it flawlessly is testament to your ability to problem solve. It's how SRPGs have always been.
#12BrassBirchPosted 2/15/2014 8:24:33 AM(edited)
Master_Gamer posted...
wolf rider posted...
Oh I can beat the chapter. I was just forced to reset because I switched to Olivia to dance when there were no enemies in range and an enemy pops out to one-shot her.

Map wasn't about tactics. It was about having to reset once after you know what happens and replaying the mission with that knowledge in mind. That's not strategy, that's trial and error.

Kinda seems like your fault. Forts spawn enemies until Gangrel's dead. Don't put frail units near them.

I think the enemies spawn until turn 20 or so
...... EDIT: Turn 9 not 20
Regardless, always mind forts..
---
3797-7121-7439 FC 3DS
#13Airship_CanonPosted 2/15/2014 8:21:36 AM
Master_Gamer posted...
wolf rider posted...

Kinda seems like your fault. Forts spawn enemies until Gangrel's dead. Don't put frail units near them.

No they don't.
The reinforcements on Ch 11 last until Turn 9.
---
I've already Fallen! I can't drive it out of my head! It's that I fall...!
Don't look down!
#14RJWalker243Posted 2/15/2014 8:25:46 AM
Reinforcements spawning at the start of enemy phase is not artificial difficutly. All modern games give you sufficient warning that reinforcements are coming along with a subtle hint about where they'll come from.

If you don't pay attention, you only have yourself to blame.

If you can't handle it, go play Casual mode where you don't lose characters.

If you can's stand the heat, don play with fire (emblem).
#15BrassBirchPosted 2/15/2014 8:27:56 AM
RJWalker243 posted...
Reinforcements spawning at the start of enemy phase is not artificial difficutly. All modern games give you sufficient warning that reinforcements are coming along with a subtle hint about where they'll come from.

Are you saying that I actually need to read the pre battle dialogue? :3
---
3797-7121-7439 FC 3DS
#16RJWalker243Posted 2/15/2014 8:35:43 AM
BrassBirch posted...
RJWalker243 posted...

Yes, and dialogue during the chapter as well.

For example, take Morgan's Paralogue. As soon as the chapter begins, Morgan comments about hearing footsteps, referring to Chrom and co but also says "more down below too" or something similar. The map has staircases that go down. It's pretty obvious that reinforcements will be spawning from there.

If you skip this dialogue and then get ambushed by enemy reinforcements, you only have yourself to blame.
#17wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 8:50:57 AM
RJWalker243 posted...
BrassBirch posted...
RJWalker243 posted...

Yes, and dialogue during the chapter as well.

For example, take Morgan's Paralogue. As soon as the chapter begins, Morgan comments about hearing footsteps, referring to Chrom and co but also says "more down below too" or something similar. The map has staircases that go down. It's pretty obvious that reinforcements will be spawning from there.

If you skip this dialogue and then get ambushed by enemy reinforcements, you only have yourself to blame.

Gangrel talks about reinforcements arriving, but you don't know where they're coming from, on what turns they're coming, what units they are, when they stop coming or that killing Gangrel stops them coming. If you play the chapter blind and come out unscathed, it's because you happened to have the right units at the right spots at the right time. In other words, luck.

And playing casual doesn't help if chapter 11 is the only time you can build support between Chrom and Olivia and Olivia dies. So instead of picking other maps trying to prove your point, how bout you stick to the one the topic is about.

And btw, Dark Souls board is that way -->
---
You don't get to say you're staying true to the franchise if you MAKE JUMPING A CONTEXT-SENSITIVE ACTION! ~ Me on the Thief reboot.
#18RJWalker243Posted 2/15/2014 9:15:49 AM
If you can't tell that reinforcements will be spawning from forts, then you're an idiot, plain and simple.

As for what turns they'll arrive on, it is always a couple of turns after someone makes a comment. Like in my example, Morgan says that right in the beginning and reinforcements spawn very in the chapter (turn 2 or 3, I believe). Gangrel's chapter also has a similar quote that times the appearance of reinforcements.
#19LORDDRAGON1995Posted 2/15/2014 1:33:23 PM
You could block the forts, and keep Olivia as a support unit, preventing her from being damaged.
---
FE: Awakening Cherche fanboy
3DS friend code: 3110-5173-3183
#20TGAkumaPosted 2/15/2014 2:18:29 PM(edited)
wolf rider posted...
Not only do you have to worry about keeping Olivia alive.

Or trying to build support with Chrom.

Or trying to kill the thief before he nabs the treasures.

But you also have to worry about enemies that spawn on their turn.

F*** Intelligent Systems and their artificial difficulty and luck-based BS.

Pair Olivia up with someone. Boom, just solved your 1st problem.

Trying to build support with Chrom and Olivia? Kill everyone on the map but leave either 1 archer or 1 mage alive. Have Olivia dance for Chrom. Simple.

Don't complain about enemies units coming from behind and attacking you on that turn. War should always be fair in your favor, right? The enemies strategy was to flank you from behind and obviously it worked. You should have known that's what they do on hard mode and applied that into your strategy.