Just restarted and switched to Normal/Classic.

#1HeroicSomaCruzPosted 2/17/2014 10:51:04 PM
God I must really suck. I managed to beat this on Hard/Classic, but that was because I kept restarting a zillion times. I literally had six units at the very end of the game - Chrom, Avatar, Sumia, Morgan, Cynthia, and Tharja. I only won by sacrificing everyone and bum-rushing the final boss. This is a direct reference to how I had less than six units at the end of my HHM run in FE7.

Truth is, I love this series, but I am simply not cut-out for SRPGs. I hate having to switch to Normal because I kept getting my ass kicked on the replay of Hard/Classic, but maybe if it still gets legit challenging on Normal later on, I won't feel so bad.

Did anyone else not buy into the peer pressure and do Normal mode? Casual or Classic?
---
Follow me on Miiverse! NNID: OgnarPliskin
My Gameplay videos! Fighting Games, Nintendo, Dark Souls, and more. http://www.youtube.com/user/OgnarPliskin
#2TisroeroPosted 2/17/2014 10:58:42 PM
Don't feel bad. I can't play Zelda games to save my life, despite how much I adore the series.
---
I remember doing nothing at all. Waking up with you with nowhere to go... 3DS:0447-5767-5668 Gastrodon. TN:Ryuji
#3NEW-WAYS-2-DIEPosted 2/17/2014 11:25:14 PM
I started on Normal/Casual and now am halfway through on Hard/Classic. Yeah, I'm not very good, and there are a couple of time I've had to reset (many at the very beginning), but I think it got easier for me because I learned to be more tactical now and my units are stronger.

When I first started this game, I didn't use Healers and was afraid of Fliers because archers would pick them off.

Now on Hard/Classic, Sumia and Cordelia are carrying my team, and I'm afraid to change Lissa from Sage to Dark Flier because her healing is just too good.
---
S8n is gr8n.
#4smitsonmattPosted 2/18/2014 12:07:29 AM
Just play on whatever is the most fun for you.
---
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Tales Of Vesperia 360
#5jeffhengPosted 2/18/2014 12:20:09 AM
did u know why u only had six units at the end? its a hint to let u know that if u just used six units from the start. u would have been invincible.
---
I really like Leanne from Resonance of Fate.
#6TheMKDestroyerPosted 2/18/2014 1:25:44 AM
jeffheng posted...
did u know why u only had six units at the end? its a hint to let u know that if u just used six units from the start. u would have been invincible.

No kidding. Well I actually use the max that they let me in a map. TC, why were you even using all your weak characters when they would die so easily? Should have just benched them and concentrated on a team.
#7Flamingace18Posted 2/18/2014 2:13:50 AM
I understand your rationale of why you went back to the easier difficulty but you made a mistake IMO.

You should have replayed it on Hard/Classic with the knowledge you have now. You'd be surprised at how fewer mistakes you'll make and how a little planning can help tremendously.

To get better at a game you gotta go through the shenanigans of the learning curve and this series has a massive one.

But to each his own and if you enjoy the normal classic all the power to you buddy. Play the game how you wanna play it.
---
Oklahoma City Thunder, Texas Rangers, St Louis Rams, and Oklahoma Sooners fan. http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif
#8HeroicSomaCruz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 10:14:45 PM(edited)
I just restarted on Hard/Casual. I want the challenge, but I don't have the patience to continually restart my chapter each time someone dies. So I'm in Chapter 1 and Garrick criticals my Avatar, killing him instantly.

Can someone tell me if there's a point to a first chapter and attacking a boss if he's just going to OHKO one of your characters?

Also, what do you guys mean by a "team"? That's what I've been using this whole time, right? In every FE I've played, I always use the max number of units that I can use. But in the final chapter, most of my best guys were promoted units between Level 15 and 20.
---
My Gameplay videos! Fighting Games, Nintendo, Dark Souls, and more. http://www.youtube.com/user/OgnarPliskin
#9NEW-WAYS-2-DIEPosted 2/18/2014 10:23:19 PM
Nononono. You should focus on about 8-10 characters. That's what I've been doing on Hard/Classic and I'm halfway through. Never leave a unit unpaired, if you do, put them in a corner of the map (like Cherche).

In the beginning you're gonna need Lissa to heal a lot. Pair her with Frederick.
---
S8n is gr8n.
#10HeroicSomaCruz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 10:31:11 PM(edited)
LOL. My Avatar got double-teamed by the last Myrmidon and Mage in Chapter 1. I honestly thought he would survive those blows and he gets whacked.

Jesus, maybe I really should stick to Normal mode. -_-

Also, why should I always pair units? I feel that's counterproductive if only one of them is getting EXP.
---