Just restarted and switched to Normal/Classic.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Just restarted and switched to Normal/Classic.
3 years ago#1
God I must really suck. I managed to beat this on Hard/Classic, but that was because I kept restarting a zillion times. I literally had six units at the very end of the game - Chrom, Avatar, Sumia, Morgan, Cynthia, and Tharja. I only won by sacrificing everyone and bum-rushing the final boss. This is a direct reference to how I had less than six units at the end of my HHM run in FE7.

Truth is, I love this series, but I am simply not cut-out for SRPGs. I hate having to switch to Normal because I kept getting my ass kicked on the replay of Hard/Classic, but maybe if it still gets legit challenging on Normal later on, I won't feel so bad.

Did anyone else not buy into the peer pressure and do Normal mode? Casual or Classic?
Follow me on Miiverse! NNID: OgnarPliskin
My Gameplay videos! Fighting Games, Nintendo, Dark Souls, and more. http://www.youtube.com/user/OgnarPliskin
3 years ago#2
Don't feel bad. I can't play Zelda games to save my life, despite how much I adore the series.
I remember doing nothing at all. Waking up with you with nowhere to go... 3DS:0447-5767-5668 Gastrodon. TN:Ryuji
3 years ago#3
I started on Normal/Casual and now am halfway through on Hard/Classic. Yeah, I'm not very good, and there are a couple of time I've had to reset (many at the very beginning), but I think it got easier for me because I learned to be more tactical now and my units are stronger.

When I first started this game, I didn't use Healers and was afraid of Fliers because archers would pick them off.

Now on Hard/Classic, Sumia and Cordelia are carrying my team, and I'm afraid to change Lissa from Sage to Dark Flier because her healing is just too good.
S8n is gr8n.
3 years ago#4
Just play on whatever is the most fun for you.
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Tales Of Vesperia 360
3 years ago#5
did u know why u only had six units at the end? its a hint to let u know that if u just used six units from the start. u would have been invincible.
I really like Leanne from Resonance of Fate.
3 years ago#6
jeffheng posted...
did u know why u only had six units at the end? its a hint to let u know that if u just used six units from the start. u would have been invincible.

No kidding. Well I actually use the max that they let me in a map. TC, why were you even using all your weak characters when they would die so easily? Should have just benched them and concentrated on a team.
3 years ago#7
I understand your rationale of why you went back to the easier difficulty but you made a mistake IMO.

You should have replayed it on Hard/Classic with the knowledge you have now. You'd be surprised at how fewer mistakes you'll make and how a little planning can help tremendously.

To get better at a game you gotta go through the shenanigans of the learning curve and this series has a massive one.

But to each his own and if you enjoy the normal classic all the power to you buddy. Play the game how you wanna play it.
Oklahoma City Thunder, Texas Rangers, St Louis Rams, and Oklahoma Sooners fan. http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif
3 years ago#8
I just restarted on Hard/Casual. I want the challenge, but I don't have the patience to continually restart my chapter each time someone dies. So I'm in Chapter 1 and Garrick criticals my Avatar, killing him instantly.

Can someone tell me if there's a point to a first chapter and attacking a boss if he's just going to OHKO one of your characters?

Also, what do you guys mean by a "team"? That's what I've been using this whole time, right? In every FE I've played, I always use the max number of units that I can use. But in the final chapter, most of my best guys were promoted units between Level 15 and 20.
My Gameplay videos! Fighting Games, Nintendo, Dark Souls, and more. http://www.youtube.com/user/OgnarPliskin
3 years ago#9
Nononono. You should focus on about 8-10 characters. That's what I've been doing on Hard/Classic and I'm halfway through. Never leave a unit unpaired, if you do, put them in a corner of the map (like Cherche).

In the beginning you're gonna need Lissa to heal a lot. Pair her with Frederick.
S8n is gr8n.
3 years ago#10
LOL. My Avatar got double-teamed by the last Myrmidon and Mage in Chapter 1. I honestly thought he would survive those blows and he gets whacked.

Jesus, maybe I really should stick to Normal mode. -_-

Also, why should I always pair units? I feel that's counterproductive if only one of them is getting EXP.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Just restarted and switched to Normal/Classic.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived