Just restarted and switched to Normal/Classic.

#11Flamingace18Posted 2/18/2014 10:06:04 PM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
LOL. My Avatar got double-teamed by the last Myrmidon and Mage in Chapter 1. I honestly thought he would survive those blows and he gets whacked.

Jesus, maybe I really should stick to Normal mode. -_-

Also, why should I always pair units? I feel that's counterproductive if only one of them is getting EXP.

The critical thing is just Fire Emblem in general. Even with brilliant planning and coordination you can still get boned from the Random Number Generator.

And just power through it buddy. Take advantage of the weapon triangle and always be sure to use the terrain to your advantage.

As for the pair up it's best to use it to get your weaker units levels or just power level one unit.

And even if you manage to get the attacker unit who is in front of a bunch of levels causing the support unit to fall behind it is still rather easy to catch up because of the bonus that unit can get from being the attacker in front instead of the support unit.
---
Oklahoma City Thunder, Texas Rangers, St Louis Rams, and Oklahoma Sooners fan. http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif
#12IlluminaZer0Posted 2/18/2014 10:27:19 PM
If you don't grind, use a guide, or metagame hardcore (which frequently implies guide usage or 2nd playthrough) then it's not difficult to lose a unit on Hard/Classic. If anything I'm more surprised/impressed you tried to play the mode honestly and continued after a character died.

If any of my bros/waifus die then it's instant reset for me.
#13NEW-WAYS-2-DIEPosted 2/19/2014 6:05:26 AM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
LOL. My Avatar got double-teamed by the last Myrmidon and Mage in Chapter 1. I honestly thought he would survive those blows and he gets whacked.

Also, why should I always pair units? I feel that's counterproductive if only one of them is getting EXP.

You can switch units around to finish off weaker foes when they have the chance. Eventually they'll be strong enough to fight in the lead.

Pairing up gives massive stat benefits and dual strikes and dual guards. You better have a damn good reason for NOT pairing up.
---
S8n is gr8n.
#14HeroicSomaCruz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 11:43:53 AM
I went Hard/Casual. I'll wipe the floor with Normal, but I don't have the patience to keep restarting each time one of my units dies. This will make for good practice anyway.
---
Follow me on Miiverse! NNID: OgnarPliskin
My Gameplay videos! Fighting Games, Nintendo, Dark Souls, and more. http://www.youtube.com/user/OgnarPliskin
#15InuYashaaaPosted 2/20/2014 1:36:03 PM
Last file I created was on Hard/Casual, but I didn't get far before being bored and going to other things again.

I'm not sure which would actually be easier for me, doing some of the DLC on Normal/Classic without anyone dying, or doing it on Hard/Casual.
#16palkia19Posted 2/20/2014 4:47:37 PM
There is a learning curve to this series. I personally would not touch Normal. I always like a challenge. So to put this into prospect, practice, plan and perform.
---
Ridley for SSB4
#17DragonKnight387Posted 2/20/2014 6:37:10 PM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...

Stat boost. The paired unit's stats go up and do so signficantly depending on the support rank. It also ensures that the support unit could add extra attacks or even negate damage altogether. And if they do attack, they get a portion of experience.
---
3DS:1075-0914-2884
PSN: Dragonknight387
#18IlluminaZer0Posted 2/21/2014 1:41:08 PM
Dual Guard/Strike can be achieved with unit adjacency as well. Unless your character is overpowered, you will typically have someone adjacent (basic formations) to keep them from getting surrounded.