Lunatic Mode: CH 3 "FOX HELP MEEE!"

#1Lylat_CruiserPosted 2/20/2014 10:09:22 AM
I can't get through this level! I tried everything! Frederick just cant take 4 steel weapons in a row! I even tried removing all but 4 units because either enemy squad on the bottom half of the map will catch up because ARCHERS! Frederick is level 4 btw. I pair up my FEMU with Frederick who gives him speedos +2 but that isn't enough to double those soldiers (just 1 speedo away from doubling). I don't want to start over as I have put 3 hours into this playthrough already!
---
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"
"Now that's strategy!" ;D
#2MAtt5TERPosted 2/20/2014 10:13:39 AM
You're not supposed to abuse Fred on Lunatic, just like every other mode. 3 hours is nothing.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#3DoramiPosted 2/20/2014 10:25:34 AM(edited)
You can remove a weapon. What this does is keep the weapon in inventory but prevents counter attacks. This mean you can hold a choke with Fred while limiting attacks perturn to 1 melee and archers who only deal 3 damage to Fred.

Use Avatar+Sumia with a tome behind Fred to snipe enemies. Hide Lissa+Chrom or Stahl behind Avatar to heal Avatar from bow damage.
---
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | Pokemon X: IGN: Jing | Safari: Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
NNID: StareRoe | PSN: Raftina
#4jeffhengPosted 2/20/2014 10:25:20 AM
Tried sumia pair him to double?
---
I really like Leanne from Resonance of Fate.
#5TheMasterpikaPosted 2/20/2014 10:33:49 AM
Abusing frederick isn't the way, even on lunatic mode. You have to abuse your MU( i used +def cause it's easier) And by the time you clear chapter 2 you will be able to kill every enemy no problem.If you use a +def one and pair him up with fred, every enemy won't do more than 5 dmg to you by the time you reach that chapter(Except mages). At least that's the only way i've been able to do it so far. In lunatic that chapter is very hard, in lunatic + it's the hardest chapter of the game, so it's normal that you're having an hard time...
#6Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 10:39:09 AM
MAtt5TER posted...
You're not supposed to abuse Fred on Lunatic, just like every other mode. 3 hours is nothing.

I'm not abusing him though. Here's my units so far:
Chrom lvl3
MU lvl3
Frederick lvl4
Lissa lvl4
Virion lvl4
Miriel lvl1
Sully lvl2
Stahl lvl2
Vaike lvl3

I made Frederick take Vaike's axe since Vaike keeps getting doubled by soldiers with his 6 speed. Miriel gets 1 shotted so I don't bring her to the map, Lissa gets 1 shotted and can't escape from one of the squads unless Frederick kills either squad fully. Virion gets doubled by other archers and he has the Underdog Bow...Other archers are lvl 3...

Dorami posted...
You can remove a weapon. What this does is keep the weapon in inventory but prevents counter attacks. This mean you can hold a choke with Fred while limiting attacks perturn to 1 melee and archers who only deal 3 damage to Fred.

Use Avatar+Sumia with a tome behind Fred to snipe enemies. Hide Lissa+Chrom or Stahl behind Avatar to heal Avatar from bow damage.

Thing is there really isn't enough of a choke point area other than near Kellam when he isn't blue. The archers would flank around him and target my range units such as Miriel and Virion "who both either get 1 shotted or doubled". And if I recruit Kellam, he still gets doubled by everyone and his defense can't take all those shots.

jeffheng posted...
Tried sumia pair him to double?

My Frederick's speed is 11 and Sumia only adds +4. The soldiers and archers have speeds of 12 and 11, respectively. He can only double the knights.

"Your really starting to tick me off" "Foooooox!" "Help me!" "Fox! Get this guy off me!"
---
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"
#7TheMasterpikaPosted 2/20/2014 10:41:01 AM
My Abused MU was over lvl 10 if i remember correctly by the time i got there. you get a ton of exp by abusing him/her in ch 2 XD
#8Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 10:50:06 AM
TheMasterpika posted...
My Abused MU was over lvl 10 if i remember correctly by the time i got there. you get a ton of exp by abusing him/her in ch 2 XD

HOW?! What? My FEMU, I think I have her set to +MAG -HP. I what her to be a super mage type!
---
#9TheMasterpikaPosted 2/20/2014 11:03:57 AM
first of all, -hp is pretty bad. at the start you have very little hp, so having the flaw in hp doesn't really help. I made my +def -lck, but i think +mag -lck should work too. You just have to feed her kills on the first 3 chapters. The best thing is to pair her up with frederick, which boosts def and spd (you need those A LOT). then if you have enough defense, on chapter 3 you can pair her up with sumia and start doubling people.
#10Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 11:22:46 AM
TheMasterpika posted...
first of all, -hp is pretty bad. at the start you have very little hp, so having the flaw in hp doesn't really help. I made my +def -lck, but i think +mag -lck should work too. You just have to feed her kills on the first 3 chapters. The best thing is to pair her up with frederick, which boosts def and spd (you need those A LOT). then if you have enough defense, on chapter 3 you can pair her up with sumia and start doubling people.

****! I think I might have to restart my playthrough then... Which I guess I can ask gamefaqs to guide me through the whole Gangrel arc. Afterwards I will be alright... This weekend then!
---