Best Marriage Pairings

#1GreatAether0Posted 2/20/2014 4:13:13 PM
I want to do a playthrough where I optimize the children characters. Can someone tell me which pairings are best and what skills I should have them pass down? Thanks in advance.
---
"It's like watching a turtle hump grass."
#2BrassBirchPosted 2/20/2014 4:16:04 PM
Legault X Heath
---
3797-7121-7439 FC 3DS
#3CharizardFirePosted 2/20/2014 5:16:17 PM
I'm going to go over which skills you'll want to pass down.

For the most part, it will be like this:

Males: Reclass to Berserker to get Wrath or Axefaire, or Warrior to get Counter. Berserker promotes from Barbarian, while Warrior can promote from Barbarian or Fighter. Men that don't have access to either of those classes can just pass down something else - this is only critical for when they have daughters, though, since their sons will have access to any skill that they can pass down.
Females: Reclass to Dark Flier to get Galeforce. Dark Flier promotes from Pegasus Knight. While daughters can get the skill on their own, sons won't, and this skill is a major convenience to pass down to daughters anyway.

There are exceptions, though. I'll list the major ones here.

Chrom: The skills he passes are fixed - his daughter (or daughters) will always inherit Aether, and his son (if he gets one) will always inherit Rightful King. Chrom doesn't even need to know the skill to pass it down.
Gaius: He doesn't have access to the Mercenary class, but can become a Hero. As a result, he can learn Hero skills while his daughters can't (unless he marries someone with access to the Mercenary class, which is not recommended). He should pass down Sol.
Tharja/Nowi/Sully: They can't get Galeforce, so just pass down something else (their daughters can get everything they have access to).
Cherche: She can't get Galeforce, so she should pass down another female-exclusive skill. I recommend Dual Support+.
Olivia: While she can get Galeforce - and should pass it down to her son - if she marries Chrom or a male avatar, she will also get a daughter. If Olivia gets a daughter, she should pass down Luck +4 to her daughter instead of Galeforce, since Olivia can't pass down the Dancer class.
Donnel: Donnel has access to a class that he can only pass down to sons - Villager. It is not a good idea to have him marrry someone that will give him a son, though, since Villager is a lackluster class and the classes that Donnel passes down to daughters are pretty good. Therefore, you should consider passing down a Villager skill. I recommend Aptitude, since it makes stat grinding much easier and Underdog isn't particularly useful.
Miriel: She can't get Galeforce, so she should pass down another skill. Also, she doesn't have access to the Cleric class, but can become a War Cleric. As a result, she can learn War Monk/Cleric skills while her son can't, unless she marries someone with access to the Priest class, in which case she should pass down a female-exclusive skill that she can get. I recommend passing down Renewal if Miriel marries someone that can't become a Priest, or Dual Support+ if she marries someone that can become a Priest.
Panne: She can't get Galeforce, so she should pass down another skill. Also, for some odd reason, she can become a Wyvern Rider while her son can't, unless she marries someone with access to the Wyvern Rider class, in which case it doesn't matter what skill she passes down. I recommend Lancebreaker, since Panne and her son will always take extra damage from Beast Killer lances.

There are some other exceptions, but they can only have children with an opposite-gendered avatar.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#4I_eat_tablesPosted 2/20/2014 5:32:52 PM
The easy ones:

Sully x Donnel
Tharja x Gaius

Everything else is a little less easy to call optimal, since it comes down at least partially to personal preference.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#5daytonthegreatPosted 2/20/2014 6:11:23 PM
GreatAether0 posted...
I want to do a playthrough where I optimize the children characters. Can someone tell me which pairings are best and what skills I should have them pass down? Thanks in advance.

I am going to have to agree with Charizard on this one though if it was me I would do the following pairings since I've been used to them for a long time now :

Male Avatar/Tharja. (Tharja should pass either Luna or Pravise since they are skills that you will have to work hard for and the Avatar should pass a Male only skill to both Noire and Morgan. Counter and Gamble are good choices. It is not optional to do this pairing but this is what I would of done if it was me.)

Gaius/Tharja (If I was not planning to marry Tharja (Rare chance) then I would gave her away to Gaius. Since Noire cannot get the fighter class, Gaius would have to either pass Sol (Noire cant grab that) or Counter. Again Tharja should either pass Luna or Pravise since those are the more difficult skills to grab.)

Gaius/Nah (If I was planning to marry Tharja, Gaius would have married Nowi despite having a bad support conversation. This is just like Gaius/Tharja but your dealing with Nowi here. Pass Sol or Counter down while Nowi can pass any skill down.)

Donnel/Sully (Since we are dealing with Donnel here, it is a easy choice for him to pass Appitude since it increases the chance of having stats going up even more. Kjelle loves that skill to death until she is all capped. As for Sully, it really doesn't matter what to pass down, Just make sure Donnel passes that skill down.)

Miriel & Cherche/ Anyone (These two mothers have access to Dual Support+, Pass that skill down as it is the second best after Galeforce. Fathers don't matter here as they can pass anything they like.)

Kellam/Panne (This is one of the best possible ways to fix poor Yarne up from being one of the worst children in the game. Not only he will get good mods but he will have access to Luna and Pravise which are great skills to have. Pass either those two down so Yarne will not the trouble to go through Great Knight or General classes.)

Ricken/Lissa (This is one of the more popular pairings. Ricken should pass Luna and Lissa should obviously pass down Galeforce since Owain cannot obtain that skill.)

The rest is up to you at this point.
---
I liked this Story....
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9045624/1/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Hexes-and-Proposals
#6Airship_CanonPosted 2/20/2014 6:36:32 PM
Chrom x Olivia/Sumia/Maribelle;
Lissa x Libra/Ricken;
Sully x Donnel;
Miriel x Gregor/Stahl;
Sumia x Henry/Chrom;
Maribelle x Ricken/Lon'qu/Libra;
Panne x Frederick/Gregor/Kellam;
Cordelia x Lon'qu/Stahl/Virion;
Nowi x Stahl/Kellam/Frederick/Vaike;
Tharja x Gaius;
Olivia x Chrom/Stahl/Ricken;
Cherche x Vaike/Henry/Gregor

MU should marry a Child Unit for maximum results.
---
I've already Fallen! I can't drive it out of my head! It's that I fall...!
Don't look down!
#7CarmineSwordPosted 2/20/2014 9:32:29 PM
Lucina: A parent who gives her Galeforce (i.e. anyone but Sully)
Cynthia: Chrom or Henry
Severa: Anyone who gives her Vantage or Luna, but Stahl or Lon'qu are preferred.
Kjelle: Donnel
Noire: Gaius
Nah: Since she likely won't get Galeforce, she would like someone who gives her a faire sho she can do more damage as a support. Vaike is good, Gregor or Stahl also work.
Owain: Ricken or Libra
Inigo: Anyone who gives him Luna or Vengence will make him good, but Chrom, Ricken, and Libra are some of his better options.
Brady: He's already perfect, but I'll say Lon'qu for speed mods.
Laurent: Someone with Vantage if he's frontlining, otherwise Ricken or Kellam if he just going to be supporting. (Kellam only if someone else already has Ricken)
Yarne:Well, he already has a full support set even before factoring in a father. Give him someone that no one else really wants like Virion or Frederick.
Gerome: Someone with a physical faire, such as Gregor or Stahl.

Besides Kjelle and Noire, most children are fairly flexible with regards to optimization, as they can work well with several different fathers.
---
Talk to me to receive bonus EXP for Personas of the Strength Arcana
#8Airship_CanonPosted 2/20/2014 9:45:58 PM
CarmineSword posted...
she would like someone who gives her a faire sho she can do more damage as a support.

She has Tomefaire by default, so like Yarne, Support!Nah is nearly unscrewable.
Although if given Sniper she can 100% DS with Physicals [because that's what Support!Sniper does: Dual Strike rate like crazy.]
---
I've already Fallen! I can't drive it out of my head! It's that I fall...!
Don't look down!
#9CarmineSwordPosted 2/20/2014 10:36:26 PM
Airship_Canon posted...
CarmineSword posted...
she would like someone who gives her a faire sho she can do more damage as a support.

She has Tomefaire by default, so like Yarne, Support!Nah is nearly unscrewable.
Although if given Sniper she can 100% DS with Physicals [because that's what Support!Sniper does: Dual Strike rate like crazy.]

That made me remember that Gregor!Nah can do support as a Valkyrie because of her innate Tomefaire. I guess I just think of Nah as more of a physical support, even though there is no particular reason for that, as Nowi gives Nah positive a magic mod.

Come to think of it, Cherche doesn't have a negative magic mod, so I guess Gerome could work as a support Sage, but that seems like a waste of his strength mod.
---
Talk to me to receive bonus EXP for Personas of the Strength Arcana
#10Misha-HeartPosted 2/21/2014 12:06:26 AM
CarmineSword posted...
Come to think of it, Cherche doesn't have a negative magic mod, so I guess Gerome could work as a support Sage, but that seems like a waste of his strength mod.

It doesn't matter, magic does more than physical damage.

You can also one-round any enemy with ease without any -faires and horrible pair-up bonuses, so eh.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.