Will we ever get another woman Lord as good as Celica?

#21SilverZangoosePosted 2/24/2014 8:20:29 PM
Galwen posted...
Majora787 posted...
ing protagonist through the beginning of Sacred Stones. Then there is a branching path where you can KEEP using Eirika until Ephraim re-joins the party later. I think there is only one chapter or something like that where you're required to use Ephraim and not Eirika? But I'm not 100% on that.

Eirika watches Carcino and Jehanna get turned into wrecks with her getting rescued by Ephraim. She also gives the Sacred Stone of Renais to Lyon but I don't blame all of that on her seeing as how nobody else from Renais bothered to explain to her what made the bracelet she had such a big deal before then.

Ephraim was way more important.

Wow, I've never played Sacred Stones since I was a kid, and back then I never really thought about all that, but yeah. She really did suck, lol. Maybe I should play that game again, but to be fair, the reason I haven't played it for a long time is because I remember enjoying it much less than the other games in the series.
#22Pepsi_AlPosted 2/25/2014 9:59:37 AM
Sentinel07 posted...
Haxdreigon posted...
Is everyone implying that both Lyn and Lucina are bad units? Did we both play the same games or what?

Yeah, like Dorami said.

Battle-wise, Lyn and Lucina are excellent (at least during my playthroughs).

But in terms of story, they get hijacked quickly by Eliwood, Hector, Chrom, and Avatar.

@bolded: That's not exactly true. Seeing as during the main story, the game still treats Eliwood as the main protagonist in spite of Hector being put in the spotlight.

Hell, I dare say that nothing about the game would change with Hector's absence aside from the fact that there would be no Ostia and no Lilina. Yet, how the character who has the highest chances of being Lilina's mother is considered less important than Hector is beyond me. It's frankly making me think that the FE fanbase has grown more sexist in recent years. Or some members can't appreciate a good character when they see one. And yes, this is coming from a guy who holds Hector pretty high on the list when it comes to favoritism. (He's not my most favorite character however, but he is close.)
#23darkflagrancePosted 2/25/2014 10:44:31 AM
I think we wouldn't be having this discussion if instead of world jumping we got a time skip like in FE4, where Lucina became the main lord and had to lead instead of helping Chrom from the shadows. I loved the children's characterizations in Future Past and regret that we didn't get to play the Lucina who fought a hopeless campaign against impossible odds.
---
[This signature has been deleted due to the request of God.]
3DS Friend code: 3668-8578-3939 :: IGN: Marx
#24RDS1Posted 2/25/2014 11:38:06 AM
darkflagrance posted...
I think we wouldn't be having this discussion if instead of world jumping we got a time skip like in FE4, where Lucina became the main lord and had to lead instead of helping Chrom from the shadows. I loved the children's characterizations in Future Past and regret that we didn't get to play the Lucina who fought a hopeless campaign against impossible odds.

The first case would be considered a shameless retread of FE4 and the second a shameless retread of FE5, though.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#25IlluminaZer0Posted 2/25/2014 11:42:04 AM
I want a female lord that resembles Satsuki Sama. (Kill la Kill)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzQpiBmG6tA

I would post other stuff but it's hard to find anything good away from my PC in a worksafe environment.
#26Galwen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 2:38:33 AM
Will there ever be a woman Lord worse than Lyn.
#27RJWalker243Posted 3/2/2014 2:46:02 AM
RDS1 posted...
darkflagrance posted...

The first case would be considered a shameless retread of FE4 and the second a shameless retread of FE5, though.

Nobody would care, or most wouldn't, if it was done well.

Time travel is the laziest plot device and it takes a lot to make it interesting.

People claim that the reunion between Chrom and Lucina is the most emotional scene in the series. I disagree because we've never seen Lucina's life was in the bad future. Compare that to Seliph's reunion with his parents' ghosts in FE4. We knew his parents and we cared for them and we lost them and had to deal with it. That reunion is much more emotional even though Seliph's repsonse is a confused 'huh/" at best.
#28lowell666Posted 3/2/2014 3:01:24 AM
Sentinel07 posted...
Haxdreigon posted...
Is everyone implying that both Lyn and Lucina are bad units? Did we both play the same games or what?

Yeah, like Dorami said.

But in terms of story, they get hijacked quickly by Eliwood, Hector, Chrom, and Avatar.

How could Lucina be hijacked if she never had the wheel? She doesn't even join until half way through the game. She's a tritagonist at best
---
The only decent thing to come out of the console wars are the funny photoshop pics
#29Dvs_AznPosted 3/2/2014 4:45:15 AM
lowell666 posted...
Sentinel07 posted...
Haxdreigon posted...

Yeah, like Dorami said.

How could Lucina be hijacked if she never had the wheel? She doesn't even join until half way through the game. She's a tritagonist at best

Maybe it's be better to say that she tried to hijack the story from Chrom and MU, but failed.

Or maybe it's more of a relay race and Chrom and MU passed the baton to Lucina, who dropped it, and had to have Chrom and MU pick it back up.

Perhaps Hot Potato would be a better metaphor, as she threw the responsibility of saving the future to Chrom and MU.

How 'bout a game of basketball where Lucina threw the ball and Chrom/MU dunked it for an alley-oop.

I have no idea where to go from here...
---
To avoid confusion, yes I am that guy.
#30RJWalker243Posted 3/2/2014 5:34:13 AM
Celica is really underrated. Or rather, Gaiden as a whole is underrated. Most likely because most people don't want to play it because it admittedly hasn't aged too well. I'll say the way it handles the world map and route splits is better than any future game manages to do.