After getting all the skills you want is Grandmaster the best class in the game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. After getting all the skills you want is Grandmaster the best class in the game?
2 years ago#1
Is it? Or is it a different class?
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
2 years ago#2
Probably the Dread Fighter, since it can use three different kinds of weapons (like the Great Knight) but isn't affected by bonus damage.
Everyone just be quiet and have fun.
3DS FC - 0275-8277-1122
2 years ago#3
No, Grandmaster has average movement. Even Dark Knight would be better.
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.
2 years ago#4
Misha-Heart posted...
No, Grandmaster has average movement. Even Dark Knight would be better.

The caps are better aren't they?
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
2 years ago#5
Grandmaster has among the best pair-up bonuses in the game, but otherwise Grandmaster is average. Grandmaster is a pretty awesome class if you like transferring your MU among multiple party members, especially as MU can support rank with everyone.

Dark Knight is like a Grandmaster with superior movement but awful pair-up bonuses.
2 years ago#6
Grandmaster looks cooler... and has a cooler name, and better pair up bonuses but most character who can be Grandmasters in this game are probably going to be leading anyway.
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
2 years ago#7
IDepreceV2 posted...
After getting all the skills you want is Grandmaster the best class in the game?

It depends on what kind of role you want your Avatar to play.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
2 years ago#8
Dark Knight is roughly the same, but the 2 movement make it superior to Grandmaster. Optimal pair-up bonuses barely matters when you 1-round most enemies in this game regardless because of how broken Dual Strikes are.

If you want a Grandmaster for the sake of it being unique, go ahead, it isn't going to kill your team or unit. But honestly, 2 movement > 1-2 point difference in caps.
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.
2 years ago#9
I struggle to see Grandmaster as ideal. It is a balanced class, but Fire Emblem generally rewards specialization over balance. Typically my Avatars end up in Sage or Valkyrie, depending on gender.
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
2 years ago#10
I ended with Sage, mainly because I love me my Vengeance/Vantage max. magic.
Cinccino is amazing. 5LJW-WWWW-WWW5-DU9E
B39W-WWWW-WWW5-ESTD
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. After getting all the skills you want is Grandmaster the best class in the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived