After getting all the skills you want is Grandmaster the best class in the game?

#1DepreceV2Posted 3/21/2014 5:20:29 PM
Is it? Or is it a different class?
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2Link_Destined_1Posted 3/21/2014 5:34:53 PM
Probably the Dread Fighter, since it can use three different kinds of weapons (like the Great Knight) but isn't affected by bonus damage.
---
Everyone just be quiet and have fun.
3DS FC - 0275-8277-1122
#3Misha-HeartPosted 3/21/2014 5:35:48 PM
No, Grandmaster has average movement. Even Dark Knight would be better.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.
#4DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 5:42:59 PM
Misha-Heart posted...
No, Grandmaster has average movement. Even Dark Knight would be better.

The caps are better aren't they?
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#5IlluminaZer0Posted 3/21/2014 5:44:23 PM
Grandmaster has among the best pair-up bonuses in the game, but otherwise Grandmaster is average. Grandmaster is a pretty awesome class if you like transferring your MU among multiple party members, especially as MU can support rank with everyone.

Dark Knight is like a Grandmaster with superior movement but awful pair-up bonuses.
#6OwnagepuffsPosted 3/21/2014 6:05:51 PM
Grandmaster looks cooler... and has a cooler name, and better pair up bonuses but most character who can be Grandmasters in this game are probably going to be leading anyway.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#7CharizardFirePosted 3/21/2014 6:05:58 PM
IDepreceV2 posted...
After getting all the skills you want is Grandmaster the best class in the game?

It depends on what kind of role you want your Avatar to play.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#8Misha-HeartPosted 3/21/2014 6:09:34 PM
Dark Knight is roughly the same, but the 2 movement make it superior to Grandmaster. Optimal pair-up bonuses barely matters when you 1-round most enemies in this game regardless because of how broken Dual Strikes are.

If you want a Grandmaster for the sake of it being unique, go ahead, it isn't going to kill your team or unit. But honestly, 2 movement > 1-2 point difference in caps.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.
#9MalcolmMasherPosted 3/21/2014 7:22:53 PM
I struggle to see Grandmaster as ideal. It is a balanced class, but Fire Emblem generally rewards specialization over balance. Typically my Avatars end up in Sage or Valkyrie, depending on gender.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#10davidledsmaPosted 3/21/2014 7:30:44 PM(edited)
I ended with Sage, mainly because I love me my Vengeance/Vantage max. magic.
---
Cinccino is amazing. 5LJW-WWWW-WWW5-DU9E
B39W-WWWW-WWW5-ESTD