After getting all the skills you want is Grandmaster the best class in the game?

#11Huff n puff 20Posted 3/21/2014 8:32:21 PM
Specialized classes > Balanced Classes.
GMs are... pretty bad.

Besides, Sages are the best class. Staves? Check. Magic? Check. Best caps in Magic? Check.
---
Now we are here we know it's too late! Today we hope to find some closure!
Silently waiting, do you hear a calling? Look into the wanting eyes, I'm still here!
#12OwnagepuffsPosted 3/21/2014 9:01:42 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
GMs are... pretty bad.

Besides, Sages are the best class. Rescue? Check. Magic? Check. Best caps in Magic? Check.

Fix'd. There is only one staff in this game and that's rescue.

We all know Forged Celica's > This game but what makes Grandmaster so terrible? I'm assuming from a non DLC perspective? Because GMs can wield Forged Celicas and LB makes optimization meaningless anyway, right? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'm just curious.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#13davidledsmaPosted 3/21/2014 10:44:36 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
GMs are... pretty bad.

Besides, Sages are the best class. Rescue? Check. Magic? Check. Best caps in Magic? Check.

We all know Forged Celica's > This game but what makes Grandmaster so terrible? I'm assuming from a non DLC perspective? Because GMs can wield Forged Celicas and LB makes optimization meaningless anyway, right? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'm just curious.

With LB applied Grandmaster stays at the same spot, plus it's too balanced to really excel at either physical or magical combat too much. Sage and Sorcerer outclass it as a magic unit, Dread Fighter is already one of the best classes, Hero gets the edge in physical and it really won't do better than classes designed for specifically one purpose.
---
Cinccino is amazing. 5LJW-WWWW-WWW5-DU9E
B39W-WWWW-WWW5-ESTD
#14OwnagepuffsPosted 3/22/2014 6:36:04 AM
davidledsma posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
GMs are... pretty bad.

With LB applied Grandmaster stays at the same spot, plus it's too balanced to really excel at either physical or magical combat too much. Sage and Sorcerer outclass it as a magic unit, Dread Fighter is already one of the best classes, Hero gets the edge in physical and it really won't do better than classes designed for specifically one purpose.

I understand that much, though I appreciate the input. I'm asking what makes it bad. I mean, I know what you are talking about about being too balanced but I'm questioning the word choice. Is being that balanced really enough to warrant calling it bad? As opposed to say, average?
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#1517MasterPosted 3/22/2014 8:59:21 AM
Grandmaster's Speed is not good.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
#16davidledsmaPosted 3/22/2014 9:08:45 AM
Ownagepuffs posted...
davidledsma posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
GMs are... pretty bad.

I understand that much, though I appreciate the input. I'm asking what makes it bad. I mean, I know what you are talking about about being too balanced but I'm questioning the word choice. Is being that balanced really enough to warrant calling it bad? As opposed to say, average?

Its speed is too low to keep up with a large portion of combat units (which is pretty much everything but the Knight tree), it's outclassed at pretty much any job you try to give it and saying average isn't really cutting it, since it isn't average unless it can keep up with the higher classes.
---
B39W-WWWW-WWW5-ESTD
#17OwnagepuffsPosted 3/22/2014 9:59:35 AM
davidledsma posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...
davidledsma posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
GMs are... pretty bad.

Its speed is too low to keep up with a large portion of combat units (which is pretty much everything but the Knight tree), it's outclassed at pretty much any job you try to give it and saying average isn't really cutting it, since it isn't average unless it can keep up with the higher classes.

I've got serene's forest open right now and I'm checking out some of these caps. The speed cap is only about 2 points below most offensive classes, only truly outright losing to Assassin and Swordmaster, I don't know what makes that so bad. The cap for each offensive stat is about 6-8 points below the absolute specialized classes (Warrior/Zerker for strength, Sage for magic) so I see where you are coming from. If I want magic, just go Sage and if I want Strength just go Zerker. But I can do both and Ignis helps.

But the way I see anything that can wield tomes and has a good enough magic to back it up is a winner. But not factoring in pair up bonuses and rally bots and limit break I understand how one could could consider the class bad.
---
-Apollo Justice
#18TwinkinoutRMPosted 3/28/2014 10:16:11 PM
I don't understand why you would want a Grandmaster when the Dark Knight is superior in almost every single way as a final class.

Dark Knights are generally underrated in their own right btw.
#19davidledsmaPosted 3/28/2014 10:58:54 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...
But the way I see anything that can wield tomes and has a good enough magic to back it up is a winner. But not factoring in pair up bonuses and rally bots and limit break I understand how one could could consider the class bad.

LOL I'm replying pretty late. Anyway, you can easily just take Ignis and choose another class since there's not much point in staying in a class that can't fill the role as well in one or the other, and if you factor in pair-up and rallies the other classes become even better. Or you can just go for different skills entirely for classes (Vengeance/Vantage/Tomefaire/Limit Breaker/Filler Sage?) and end up with something better than a neutral class.
---
B39W-WWWW-WWW5-ESTD
#20OwnagepuffsPosted 3/29/2014 3:50:49 PM
TwinkinoutRM posted...
I don't understand why you would want a Grandmaster when the Dark Knight is superior in almost every single way as a final class.

Dark Knights are generally underrated in their own right btw.

Darks are lame aesthetically. Grandmasters have the best sprite, and negligibly higher caps. If I really wanted a 2 extra move hybrid with great stats I'd just go Dark Flier honestly (it's way better than both, boasting higher spd, mag, and terrain dominance). I'm just stubborn and want my class to match my portrait :D

davidledsma posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...

LOL I'm replying pretty late. Anyway, you can easily just take Ignis and choose another class since there's not much point in staying in a class that can't fill the role as well in one or the other, and if you factor in pair-up and rallies the other classes become even better. Or you can just go for different skills entirely for classes (Vengeance/Vantage/Tomefaire/Limit Breaker/Filler Sage?) and end up with something better than a neutral class.

Fair enough. I just feel that after a point it becomes arbitrary. Do I really need like a 60 magic sage when with Dual Strikes/Rallies/LB/Aggressor Husband Support I'm KOing everything anyway? From a min-max perspective GM is bad but in practice, what doesn't work?
---
-Apollo Justice