Virion isn't totally useless as a Father.

#1Huff n puff 20Posted 3/21/2014 9:01:30 PM
Nah.
No, I don't mean that Nah, he is totally useless, I mean.. Virion!Nah.

Ever be playing FeMU, or have realized that Gen 2 > Gen 1 for even MaMU? And didn't know what to do about Nah?

Well, here's an answer: Virion.
Yeah, I'm not joking.

Alright, so, we know about the Tanketes. [Fred/Kellam]... but then, Tanks aren't all that good.
But Nah's pretty poor up front if she's not getting EP action, which she really wouldn't be, and without Galeforce.

Which leaves her cut high and dry.
Sure you can just bench her at this point, but here's a thought: Hard Support Nah.
Essentially like Gerome and Yarne, never being up front and dual striking all day.

The trick then is giving her a father who can optimize that role.
She's a girl, so she's getting stuck without Berserker or Aggressor.

This means her kit as a hard support is gonna roll:
LB, [ATK+2], All+2, [Weapon]faire, [???]

Now taking into account Dual Strike Rate, SKL+2 is likely ideal for the [???] Slot, which means she wants Archer on her kit. She gets both ATK+2 Skills naturally, and can pick up Tomefaire [Naturally], so this means the only class she wants out of this is Archer [she'd pick up a physical faire in the form of Bowfaire off Sniper].

This would mean her ideal father has Archer. If she's getting a Magical Husband [like one of the non-Inigo Galeboys for a full fielded deployment], she probably wants to be magically titled herself [Sage is natural, but you don't want to take -MAG].

Magical Fathers with Archer:
Ricken

Neutral Fathers with Archer:
Virion

Obviously, giving her Ricken isn't necessarily the best idea in the world. It works, but his mods could go to better uses elsewhere [Namely a Galeboy].

Virion, on the other hand, is a typical throwaway father. This'd mean, that optimally deployed, Virion has a solid case for getting roasted by dragonfire fathering Nah.
---
Now we are here we know it's too late! Today we hope to find some closure!
Silently waiting, do you hear a calling? Look into the wanting eyes, I'm still here!
#2OwnagepuffsPosted 3/21/2014 9:33:59 PM
The thought of Silver Blue haired Nah makes me smile. Nice work. I already went Tankete this run (it's helping for in game Lunatic, but I'm said I won't use her for anything post game because I like Nah) but maybe I'll do your suggestion in the future.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#3CarmineSwordPosted 3/21/2014 9:34:28 PM
I fell that Skill +2 would only really be helpful if it allowed Nah to get 100% Dual Strike without Dual Strike +, otherwise , having Vaike!Nah in an Axe wielding class with Swordbreaker in the filler slot seems like a better idea, since she will have a higher damage output than she would with Virion as her father due to higher base strength and Brave Axes having more might than Brave Bows or Celica's Gale.
---
Talk to me to receive bonus EXP for Personas of the Strength Arcana
#4BeatenByBulbaPosted 3/21/2014 10:00:22 PM
Maybe. If you run Sage!Nah, you can also run Libra/Henry if they are leftover for anathema (instead of dual strike + 0.5%) in that final slot and also have 1 more magic.

If they aren't free then yeah I would definitely consider going Virion.
#5Huff n puff 20(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 10:26:41 PM
CarmineSword posted...
having Vaike!Nah in an Axe wielding class with Swordbreaker in the filler slot seems like a better idea, since she will have a higher damage output than she would with Virion as her father due to higher base strength and Brave Axes having more might than Brave Bows or Celica's Gale.

The problem is that basically locks her to Inigo.
She drops off entirely if she's not paired with a Galeboy.

Morgan's best with Lucina if he's a he. [Otherwise, Morgan's a Girl and not a Galeboy]

She'd get next pick because she doesn't have Gale, and needs to be put with someone who does. Wasting the Pair Up bonus isn't a good idea, which means a Physical [Vaike] Nah needs to be with another Physical.

The only Galeboy barring Morgan who may not exist, who can reasonably do Physical is Inigo [Chrom or Stahl fathered]. [Face it, Swordhand sucks.]
---
Now we are here we know it's too late! Today we hope to find some closure!
Silently waiting, do you hear a calling? Look into the wanting eyes, I'm still here!
#6CarmineSwordPosted 3/22/2014 8:12:28 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
CarmineSword posted...
having Vaike!Nah in an Axe wielding class with Swordbreaker in the filler slot seems like a better idea, since she will have a higher damage output than she would with Virion as her father due to higher base strength and Brave Axes having more might than Brave Bows or Celica's Gale.

The problem is that basically locks her to Inigo.
She drops off entirely if she's not paired with a Galeboy.

Morgan's best with Lucina if he's a he. [Otherwise, Morgan's a Girl and not a Galeboy]

She'd get next pick because she doesn't have Gale, and needs to be put with someone who does. Wasting the Pair Up bonus isn't a good idea, which means a Physical [Vaike] Nah needs to be with another Physical.

The only Galeboy barring Morgan who may not exist, who can reasonably do Physical is Inigo [Chrom or Stahl fathered]. [Face it, Swordhand sucks.]

Is Nah being forced to go with Inigo a bad thing though?

Nah could be a Hero if you wanted to marry her to a magic husband, since Hero pair-up bonuses arn't skewed toward physical or magical attackers, although you lose a bit of damage compared to General.

Also, slightly off topic, but would proc stacking Luna + Astra or using Luna + a faire do more damage?
---
Talk to me to receive bonus EXP for Personas of the Strength Arcana
#7Misha-HeartPosted 3/22/2014 8:36:59 AM(edited)
Optimizing units for Pair-Up fodder is boring though. "Perfect" support hardly matters when you can 1-round the strongest enemies in the game, even without the absolute highest 100% Dual Strike rate and mega pair-up bonuses. It doesn't matter much if you pair a Berserker with a Sage, you'll still murder everything because Dual Strike is too overpowered.

Not to mention anyone who doesn't have Galeforce might as well not be fielded, since killing and moving around more >>> superfluous offense.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.
#8MelonGxPosted 3/22/2014 9:18:33 AM(edited)
The problem is that even Virion!Nah is full boosted, her Dual Strike Boost is:

48(Sniper)+2(mods)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+2(All+2)+2(Skl+2)+2(Tonic)+8(Sniper's duel bonus) = 84

Suppose that a typical Galeforce husband equips these skills:
Gale / Luna / LB / Agg / Weaponfaire
That means he has only a LB to boost his Skl. Then his Skl mod should be:

160 - 84 - [48(Sniper/Assassin)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+2(Tonic)] = 76 - 70 = 6

or higher.

There are NO common husbands having such a high Skl mod to achieve a pratical 100% Dual Strike without Lucina.

--------------------------------

But, if we make a Virion!Yarne, he'll have a solid pair with Gaius!Noire to achieve the 100% Dual Strike:

Skl of Virion!Yarne (Sniper):
48(Sniper)+5(mods)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+2(All+2)+2(Skl+2)+2(Tonic) = 79

Skl of Gaius!Noire (Sniper or Assassin, Gale/Luna/LB/Bowfaire/All+2):
48(Sniper)+2(mods)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+2(All+2)+2(Tonic) = 74

Sniper's duel bonus: +8

Total: 79+74+8=161>160 --- 100% Dual Strike OK

---------------------------------

P.S.
Actually 100% DS does be a thing on:
1) Apo's enemy units with Vengeance, such as Secret Apo Wave 1's Berserkers, Wave 3's Sorcs.
2) Apo's bosses except Nightmare Sniper itself and Anna.

I had failed twice on dealing Wave 1's Berserkers with Severa/VGM, who has only 93% DS:
Severa -> Morgan -> Morgan -> Severa -> Enemy Berserker's Vengeance -> Severa dies
#9EndgamePosted 3/22/2014 9:58:01 AM
Virion!Severa is the best choice for Dark Flier Severa, so it's been known he's not entirely useless
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#10darkflagrancePosted 3/22/2014 10:09:43 AM
Endgame posted...
Virion!Severa is the best choice for Dark Flier Severa, so it's been known he's not entirely useless

Although Kellam!Severa makes Tomefaire/Luna Dark Flier Severa.
---
[This signature has been deleted due to the request of God.]
3DS Friend code: 3668-8578-3939 :: IGN: Marx