Which Fire Emblem should I play next?

#21ThatKippPosted 3/23/2014 12:49:08 PM(edited)
Personally I like FE12, New Mystery of the Emblem. The previous game (Shadow Dragon) had a pretty bare-bones story and not much character development, but the sequel, New Mystery, improves upon that by a lot. The art is better, the music is better, the story is better, the supports are better, even the growth rates are better. It provides a good summary of Shadow Dragon's plot as well if you just want to skip that one. It's also really simple and easy to figure out, like this game. You can use every character from Shadow Dragon plus a ton more for a total of almost 80 characters; so you get a lot of options. Plus, you can have your characters swap classes, like in this game, so there's a lot of freedom. FE12 is one of my personal favorites. It was only released in Japan, but the fan translation is 100% complete, very true to Shadow Dragon, and is by far the best fan patch for any of the games that weren't released internationally.

I should have probably said, this is a remake of Marth's second game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#22NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 12:46:12 PM
I'll play FE12 after Shadow Dragon.

Oh wait, Shadow Dragon was on the DS, right? I wonder if I could find it easily.
---
"So I'm a new user. Tell me, do you even know who CJayC is?"
"My gut tells me he's just another ignorant troll." - heckifier
#23Omnipotent_CowPosted 3/23/2014 2:43:23 PM(edited)
Path of Radiance and Blazing Sword are both games that are good and neither are very hardcore. PoR is especially good. Sacred Stones, though, is perhaps the closest game to this one (world map, branching promotions, grinding).
#24KingTGPPosted 3/23/2014 2:04:28 PM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
All I have left in this game is basically Lunatic, Apotheosis, and the Future Past DLC I guess... then what should I move on to? This was my first Fire Emblem.

Ike's game? Ike's second game? Lyn's game? Ephraim's game? Marth's game?

No Luna+ lol?
---
PSN: iTzKingTGP (I have a habit of putting "lol" and smileys like "xD" way too often.)
3DS FC : 3797 - 7696 - 4162
#25NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 2:06:19 PM
KingTGP posted...
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
All I have left in this game is basically Lunatic, Apotheosis, and the Future Past DLC I guess... then what should I move on to? This was my first Fire Emblem.

No Luna+ lol?

Everything I've heard about it indicates it's not fun
Except maybe on Casual?
---
"So I'm a new user. Tell me, do you even know who CJayC is?"
"My gut tells me he's just another ignorant troll." - heckifier
#26KingTGPPosted 3/23/2014 2:13:35 PM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
KingTGP posted...
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...

No Luna+ lol?

Everything I've heard about it indicates it's not fun
Except maybe on Casual?

Torture is pretty fun imo lol.

As for Casual I only use on Normal and Hard saves for making Streetpass teams so I won't comment there xD.
---
PSN: iTzKingTGP (I have a habit of putting "lol" and smileys like "xD" way too often.)
3DS FC : 3797 - 7696 - 4162
#27Master_GamerPosted 3/23/2014 2:48:07 PM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
Uh I'm not paying any Fire Emblem earlier than Lyn's game for the time being, I don't want to undergo the hassle.

I hate to tell you guy, but it's gonna be a hassle to play the localized ones too.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.